Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ice Dance: The Rumble for Silver and Bronze

Since their return to competition, 2010 Olympic Champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir have steamrolled the competition, winning every competition they entered with record-breaking short dance and total scores at the Grand Prix Final Championships – a victory which eluded them repeatedly in their epic pre-2014 back-and-forth with Americans Meryl Davis and Charlie White. The occasional misstep or twizzle problems that nagged the Canadians in the march towards Sochi have been out of sight this season, making them the flawless favorites to snare gold in Helsinki.

More

NicoleJ96B

Rinkside
I can't seem to vote in the poll but of course Tessa and Scott! Bar some huge mishap the title is theirs - I think they make even break P/C free dance record considering their scores at 4CC.

I really want to go out on a limb and say Maia and Alex get the silver - but i'm not 100% certain. I think they'll take 2nd in the SD and their 4CC FD score was high enough to make me think that can ward off a 1-2 gap b P/C. We will have to wait and see! 9 more days, I cannot wait!

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Scores from various competitions are not what we have to take into into (except the PCS part perhaps), we should look at the placements instead.
The scores at Euros were far less inflated than at 4CC.
If you compare, P/C's euro FD was much better than at GPF and they got less points. V/M's GPF FD was much better than 4CC and they got a SB.
Shibs are always pristine clean and the judges seem to reward them for that.
Weapo got good PCS at 4CC IIRC.
Chock/Bates have and edgy FD that really suits them, hope for them to get a SB.
Gilles/Poirier could create a surprise.
C/P are really appreciated in Europe, the audience is gonna love them.
B/S could skate very well and end up 4th too.
And H/D could be real threats if they skate both programm clean.

Except for MAYBE the podium (and yet, B/S or C/B could shake things up), the results might be unexpected. This competition is gonna be GOOD !! :laugh:

A lot of people are not going to be happy for sure. For me my favourites are first P/C and then V/M, but then it's a question of taste. Technically, V/M are awesome and athletic and very powerful it's mind-blowing. And Artistically, P/C really are ahead,like in their own bubble of dance (that's harder to understand and I think that V/M may reach out to more people).
Shibs, really like them, but the FD this year is not doing anything for me, and it's a pity, considering last year's Fix you :love:

So my Podium : V/M, P/C and Shibs.

But then ice is slippery :eeking:

blackey

On the Ice
v/m with no doubt :agree:
i think the title is basically settled, i'm more interested in how well they can skate their program. especially consider they usually peak at worlds and this season they've already broke wr that many times ;)

(i hope Scott fixed his twizzle

I see that I am the only one who voted for Chock and Bates.

Don't make fun of me. He who laughs last, laughs best. :)

gmyers

Record Breaker
I'm surprised B/S aren't in the last paragraph and actually are before C/L and even that they have their own paragraph. C/L are now surging like C/B while B/S are declining. C/L might even deserve to above C/B.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
If there were Weaver/Poje I would've voted for them :biggrin: But I voted for V/M, I think this is their year.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I am surprised - I thought this would be closer than it currently is

I am not surprised. V/M are undefeated this season and most people think (even if they won't admit it) that they are just plain better than everyone else and never deserve to lose to the current competition. P/C have had mistakes this season. I do think Worlds will prove to be more competitive than any other competition this season so far.

Spiralgraph

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I voted with my brain, Virtue/Moir. If I had voted with my heart, I would've chosen Maia and Alex Shibutani.

all that

Final Flight
I am not surprised. V/M are undefeated this season and most people think (even if they won't admit it) that they are just plain better than everyone else and never deserve to lose to the current competition. P/C have had mistakes this season. I do think Worlds will prove to be more competitive than any other competition this season so far.

So did you vote for p/c?

nocturnalis

Medalist
I'm so proud of V/M for even being in this conversation. Their improvement from Skate Canada to NHK Trophy something I'm going to talk about for a long time. Absolutely legendary.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I voted for the Shibs. I voted with my heart only because I didn't think the most logical choice needed my vote. ;)

:) :ghug:

to be honest - I do think that this very competition could defy this already a bit 'cemented' logic regarding placements...

for me, this is one of the most exciting, unusual sesons in Ice Dance in quite some time because of few things - Tessa and Scott amazing return to the competition, enriching it in a very deep sense, then so many teams upping their level, including very top ones like Maia and Alex, then a lot of surprises regarding results during the season. Top 10 will be madly crowded with amazing, skilled teams and some will be left out of that top.

as the competition will be air-tight in my opinion, the best weapon will be consistency and sharp, clean, precise execution, being arguments speaking for themselves, not requiring others' mistakes or judges' favoring. I think that focus will be also a key factor - a focus about team's stuff, not what others are doing. All teams have to put their A game to win as I don't think it will be handed easily.

Top 3 - probably Tessa/Scott, Maia/Alex and Gabriella/Guillaume, but only probably and in any order possible which would blow up some heads. But never rule out the power of surprise, other top teams will be even more determined to prove themselves in regards to this 'cemented' top 3. And I think that those 3 teams are fully aware of that.

Personally, I'm counting on fierce battle, great entertainment (as I love a lot of programs this year from a lot of teams) and fair result considering competition, whatever it will be.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
1. Virtue/Moir
2. Papadakis/Cizeron
3. Shibutani/Shibutani
4. Chock/Bates
5. Cappellini/Lanotte
6. Bobrova/Soloviev
7. Hubbell/Donohue