Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Pairs Scramble

Like the Men’s event, the state of play among the world's top pair teams also shows no clear favorite to dominate in Helsinki. The elite six in the world have been swapping victories, and each team’s season’s best free skate scores, for example, fall within a mere eight-point range of each other. The competition is tight.

More

QuadThrow

Medalist
I am more than excited to watch this competition. S/H have the momentum on their side. But S/M will definitly go for the 3ATh. If this team goes clean noone will beat them.

T/M will add the 4Tw. But it was not really worth the risk so far. And there is the open question about D/R's form. They need to be clean to have chance for Gold.

andromache

Record Breaker
Surprised not to see more votes for T/M so far. I was torn between them and S/H. I figure they should have more votes than S/M, J/C, D/R, and "Other." Now I wish I had voted for them :laugh:.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Not suprised to see most vote for Sui/Han :hap10: They're simply awesome :love: But I voted Stolbova/Klimov :biggrin:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Now that I see the votes Im really surprised. Everyone knows the history of Sui Han at worlds.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Now that I see the votes Im really surprised. Everyone knows the history of Sui Han at worlds.

I don't understand... they've come 2nd the past two years, but were really impressive at 4CC and are looking hungry for a World title -- they got my vote. I suppose you voted for Duhamel/Radford going by their history at Worlds, then? ;)

gmyers

Record Breaker
I don't understand... they've come 2nd the past two years, but were really impressive at 4CC and are looking hungry for a World title -- they got my vote. I suppose you voted for Duhamel/Radford going by their history at Worlds, then? ;)

I'm not sure it's very uncertain.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
My heart vote here goes to James and Cipres, who had by far the most interesting programs of the season.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
this is the most exciting event for me on par with Ice Dance - I am counting on amazing top 10, because at least 10 pairs have potential to wow me. My dream podium - Wenjing/Han, Aliona/Bruno and Vanessa/Morgan in any configuration - due to exquisite combination of programs, charisma, expression, chemistry between partners and technical potential they already proved this season.

Saying that, A LOT could happen, with Meagan and Eric getting third title. Their style/programs don't have to be my cup of tea, but I do admire their competitive spirits, poise and ability to deliver when it matters. I would not also underestimate Evgenia/Vladimir and Ksenia/Fedor - first duo is rock solid, consistent this season and determined to the boot, second one - yes, they're getting back after injury, but they have one of the most interesting programs this season for me and a regal, commanding presence that any injury could not take away from them.

'Dark Horses' of the whole competition and pairs who would benefit the most from others' mishaps - if going clean and lights out their programs - are Lubov/Dylan, Yu/Zhang and Vanessa/Morgan - they have that 'top team' quality, but are not very much labeled as 'favourites'. They have nothing to loose, a lot to gain and if they will be able to hold their nerves (and nail sbs jumps), they could have their shot big time.

And honestly - I am torn and conflicted about what kind of layout Aliona and Bruno will present...I madly want them to repeat Europeans FS with technically scrapped tech, but superb presentation and flow, but I sense that Aliona will go with that 3Ath at least. Looking that next season is the Olympic one, I'd carefully think about going all loud now, risking re-injure herself which would heavily impact preparation schedule I assume. I just wish for more 'conscious' approach from Aliona especially, as in my opinion they don't need the biggest tech tricks to win those Worlds...

My heart vote here goes to James and Cipres, who had by far the most interesting programs of the season.

they also had the most ferocious fights.... i saw them at ACI : they are spectacular.

I feel like this very season is a form of victory itself for this team - they proved mostly to themselves that despite all these fights, clashes of their characters/tempers we witnessed, they can pull off their stuff - a very unique, creative and captivating stuff - in a spectacular way. I am rooting for them to make a big surprise in Helsinki, but most of all - to repeat or surpass their Europeans, then it's all in judges and other pairs' hands, because they do have goods, image and chemistry.

wyc

Spectator
I am more than excited to watch this competition. S/H have the momentum on their side. But S/M will definitly go for the 3ATh. If this team goes clean noone will beat them.

T/M will add the 4Tw. But it was not really worth the risk so far. And there is the open question about D/R's form. They need to be clean to have chance for Gold.

It's a big "if" for S/M to go clean though...haven't seen a 3ATh with positive GOE yet.

KMK0902

On the Ice
I would prefer if D/R does NOT win...I would rather them go into next season with renewed energy. I think they are best when they fight for every point/landing....

And I would love, love, love to see Luba and Dylan skate two clean programs and get the points they deserve!!

QuadThrow

Medalist
It's a big "if" for S/M to go clean though...haven't seen a 3ATh with positive GOE yet.

Correct. I expect her to slighlty double foot the 3ATh. This could be around GOE -0.5 because the judges support those hard elments .

bobbob

Medalist
Surprised that Stolbova and Klimov have received so few votes...they are definitely a world class team that suffered an injury but are on the upward trend again, and if you watch their programs from 2015-16 GPF, you will probably think they have the most potential of all the teams here...I wasn't a huge fan of them in the past but after that competition I thought they were stunning

Sui/Han as expected, receive most of the votes...it is their time!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I wouldn't be upset if Stolbova/Klimov skated their best and won, but it doesn't seem like their best is possible at this competition (aka, there won't be a 3Toe+3Toe+2Toe combo at Worlds, the elements won't all be at maximum crispness). They still need more time I think. Sui/Han really deserve it this time if they skate well, their SP is on a whole different level in comparison to every other team.

QuadThrow

Medalist
I wouldn't be upset if Stolbova/Klimov skated their best and won, but it doesn't seem like their best is possible at this competition (aka, there won't be a 3Toe+3Toe+2Toe combo at Worlds, the elements won't all be at maximum crispness). They still need more time I think. Sui/Han really deserve it this time if they skate well, their SP is on a whole different level in comparison to every other team.

I read they will go for the 3+3+2. This would be a point booster.more worth than a quad.

bj80alex

Rinkside
I am actually surprised to see Sui and Han lead the poll with such a margin, though I hope them to win desperately. The competition would be very open, as S/H, S/M, T/M and D/R all have the potential to win this title.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Strange distribution of positions in the vote - the current champions of the Grand Prix final and the champions of Europe at the very bottom. It's funny. But yes, Tarasova/Morozov still can't show their best in the FS. At all GP stages and at Russian Nationals they were bad in the free skate. At GPF they did most of elements but still their program looked bad (especially their costumes :slink:). I'm not sure they will be capable of to win. So I voted for Sui/Han.