2017 Worlds Short Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Short Dance

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Well that was fun, team Spain.

I really appreciate them skating to just one song. No bad music cuts.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I see Mr Diaz won round 1 of what proves to be an epic battle in the Spanish Ice Dance Civil War. Be interesting to see if they clear through to the FD. He looks newly recommitted to doing the actual work, and I think she is a real find. Nice Tina-esque skirt--and shimmy. The newness shows, but definitely worth keeping an eye on these two.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'll be interested to see what the tes for the lowest team to make the FD is. I'm guessing low 30's out of a max of 43?

zebobes

Final Flight
Man, everyone has the same coaches. How are the coaches able to focus on any of their lower level students? For all of the lower level students, their coaches don't really care if they make it to the free or not, because they have more teams that will be skating later. They coaches must be exhausted every day of a championship like this.

Giselle

Medalist
I don't know but I'm wondering the same thing. Did H/K not get the minimums or something? Injury?

No injury. The Spanish fed decided that given H/K's performance at Euros, S/D were a better choice for Worlds...

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Ah the Germans. I really liked them when they first appeared on the scene, but they haven't really progressed. The distance they got on their first set of twizzles was admirable, but that was one sloppy step sequence. And the program is Igor Standard. Sigh. I hope they get it more together next year, because I think the talent is there.

Lota

Record Breaker
I don't know but I'm wondering the same thing. Did H/K not get the minimums or something? Injury?

Nope, just checked, their scores at Europeans were enough, and I haven't heard anything about an injury, that's why I was slightly surprised :think:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nope, just checked, their scores at Europeans were enough, and I haven't heard anything about an injury, that's why I was slightly surprised :think:

Someone mentioned upthread that the Spanish fed thought Smart/Diaz were a better choice considering H/K's scores at Euros, which makes sense.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
hi ancientpeas :ghug:, how's life? And how is Eli The Dog doing? <dog stories time>

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's a bit mean of me but all I could think of watching the Lithuanians is, "well they're a 'Marina's gotta pay the rent' team."

I know, not a shining moment for me.

:slink: