Wishes and dreams "outside the podium"? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Wishes and dreams "outside the podium"?

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I would really love for Deniss and Misha to have great performances because I love them. I want Jason to be recovered from his injury and do what he does best and wow with his lovely choreography. Top 10 finish for all!

I want Laurine to have another great set of performances because I loved her at Euros. And although I'm sure they probably won't podium, I want the Japanese ladies to do amazing, especially Rika, who I want to have the best skate of her season here.

I want Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres to end in the podium but failing that, to be very near it, because I love their programs and I want to see Vanessa's enthusiasm again, like at Euros. (Also, has Zimmerman shaved off his hair?)

Florencito

Medalist
Dabin Choi and Alexei Bychenko to secure 2 spots for their countries
Canada to get 3 spots in pairs (I don't care for D/R but I lurve S/B and I/L!)
Both my baby Latvians to do well
Brezina not to be the usual Brezina :hopelessness:
James/Cipres to have another two great skates
Denney/Frazier to place ahead of S-K/K

Eclair

Medalist
I hope Julian YEE gets invited to skate at the gala no matter which placement he turns out to land on, his EX is just too good to not show it!

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I want all my favs to do their best and be satisfied with how they skated, :ghug: hopefully a few of them ending up on the podium too :)
Yuzu, Shoma, Boyang, Mikhail, Deniss, Denis, Anna, Mai, Zijun, Dabin, Emmi, Ivett, Laurine, Xiangning, Caro, Sui/Han, Yu/Zhang, James/Cipres, Stolbova/Klimov, Ryom/Kim, Savchenko/Massot, Papadakis/Cizeron, Gilles/Poirier, Muramoto/Reed, Wang/Liu

I want:
- Japanese ladies to get 3 spots absolutely please please PLEASE
- French ice dance to get 3 spots (so my queen Angelique can go to olympics)
- Israel men to get 2 spots so Dany can go to olympics for sure
- Chinese ladies to get 2 spots so both Zijun+1 can go.
- Chinese pairs to get 3 spots because Chinese pairs slay and deserve 3 spots

I would also love Misha to get a great goodbye skate if it is indeed his last performance.

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Dabin Choi and Alexei Bychenko to secure 2 spots for their countries
Canada to get 3 spots in pairs (I don't care for D/R but I lurve S/B and I/L!)
Both my baby Latvians to do well
Brezina not to be the usual Brezina :hopelessness:
James/Cipres to have another two great skates
Denney/Frazier to place ahead of S-K/K

Woah are you me? I agree with all of these, especially Dabin and Alexei, the Latvians and Michal, go small feds!

I hope Julian YEE gets invited to skate at the gala no matter which placement he turns out to land on, his EX is just too good to not show it!

AAAAND I hope he can somehow earn an Olympic spot, if not here then hopefully at Nebelhorn. Such a wonderful talent.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Like many others, I hope that BOTH Da Bin Choi and Laurine Lecavalier finish in the top 10 so that they can secure 2 spots for their countries (or maybe even 3...who knows? :biggrin:).

And I hope that Zijun will be fired up by this recent chaos with the Chinese Federation and use that energy to skate her heart out here and make a statement! Go Zijun!!! :cheer2:

Yas go Laurine! :luv17:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Misha repeats the "Florent Amodio moment" from EC2016, prompting the event organizer to scramble around for extra tissue supplies as everyone gushes out in tears.

Jason performs the best ever Piano FP, prompting yet again the event organizer to scramble around for even more tissue supplies as everyone gushes out in tears anew.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I mostly want to see everyone skate their best.
(Shibs, Nathan, & Sui & Han--this means especially you!)

As for the athletes I expect to finish off the podium and also particularly hope will skate their best:
Denis Ten
Karen Chen
Elizabet Tursynbaeva
Dabin Choi
Cappellini & Lanotte (I'd like them to make the final group)
Muramoto & Reed (Hope they make the FD)
Nazarova & Nikitin (Ditto)
Really would like to see Weaver & Poje hit those frigging twizzles and end this season with confidence.
Hope Yu & Zhang skate well enough to help China earn three spots in pairs.
Would like to see Higuchi finally knock the skunk out of her jumps.
One clean Spiderman program from Boyang.
One clean Chicago program from Mariah.
A clean & inspirational outing for Carolina.
Two clean skates for Jason.
I'd like the Japanese ladies to get three spots for next season. Don't know how they get that done, but they need them for next season.

I've probably forgotten many people. But there's always editing.

Last edited:

AppleEmperor

On the Ice
I really want Misha to skate the lights out
Keep 3 spots for Japanese ladies
Zijun to get personal bests
A relatively clean Men's event please
Keep 3 spots for US ladies. I really want Karen Chen to skate well esp because I love her ex programs
Get 3 spots for US men

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've got a question, and I can't work out the math.

If more countries get three spots, does that necessarily mean that fewer countries will get two spots?

I'm a huge moral supporter of smaller federations... remember that when I am King, you will all be required to pick a smaller fed and root for it... so I'm defensive about Japan, USA, Canada, Russia, etc., getting three spots if i means a smaller fed will get fewer (or none at all).

Mathman, help me out with this...

carmina

On the Ice
I hope Misha skates clean in both sp and fs
I don't want this to be his last competition but I don't want him suffer either
Why can he get better miraculously? :sad46:

geige

On the Ice
Rika totally forgets the season she had to land on the podium, setting her up for her OGM next year.

(Sigh, one can dream.)

Alex D

Record Breaker
I hope everyone can skate at her / his best and that nobody get´s injured. Life can be very short, so you should always enjoy the moment!

aviva_dawn

On the Ice
My Big Wish: Duskova/Bidar, Alexandrovskaya/Winsor, Kaliszek/Spodyriev = Olympic Berths PLEASE!

Also, a huge decrease in the carrot harvest.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really want Misha to skate the lights out
Keep 3 spots for Japanese ladies
Zijun to get personal bests
A relatively clean Men's event please
Keep 3 spots for US ladies. I really want Karen Chen to skate well esp because I love her ex programs
Get 3 spots for US men

Agreed on all. If this is indeed Misha's last competition, it will be emotional for sure. Despite his injuries, he's been skating pretty clean this season. Love to see the Nutcracker prince one more time!

I want the pairs FS to be epic this year b/c last year was so underwhelming with the exception of D/R's gold winning performance.

andromache

Record Breaker
3 spots for Chinese pairs. It's seriously absurd that such a good pairs program only has two spots. COME ON S/H AND Y/Z!!!! DO IT FOR PENG AND JIN!!!!

Great skates from Joshi Helgesson, my non-Russian Euro girl of choice. She hasn't done very well this season, and it'd be nice for her to skate well on Scandinavian ice.

Also rooting hard for Zijun. I want her to make the top ten!