Daria Pavliuchenko & Denis Khodykin | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Daria Pavliuchenko & Denis Khodykin

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Hi. I discovered this pair for real at the GP event this season (I think I saw them last year in juniors but didnt think to much about them). They are extremely good for so young a pair and seams to be verry good jumpers both of them. As it has been said before in this thread it looks like the may possibly make the euros and worlds team. But I was wondering if there is a chance for them to go to junior worlds instead in case they dont make the team. Since they are doing senior GPs and russian cup they cant go to junior nationals right? Can they then be put on the junior team anyway?
Another junior worlds medal would shurely be better than sitting out the rest of the season in case they dont qualify for senior this year.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
You are correct, they cannot go to junior nationals. I could see them being on the JWC team only if there's two or more inexperienced teams on the Jr. Nats podium - but that's hard to imagine with Russia's depth in juniors pairs, such as M/G and K/I. But at Rostelecom, they could get silver. It was really close between them and DM/G at Finland (and Daria and Denis should've come out on top :devil:) so if they are cleaner overall they could get silver behind Tarasova/Morozov. B/K are their biggest competition for the third spot, and they look to be a lock for silver at IdF. So if Daria and Denis get silver at Rostelecom they are higher in the GP rankings. If this means that they make the final somehow (I would die of happiness) I could see them making the worlds team. Right now, I think they need to work on their projection and performance though. The elements are all good, and that's their advantage over B/K, who don't do things like a SBS 3F. I'd hate to see them lose out on PCS like they did this past weekend :(

The Finn

Record Breaker
As it has been said before in this thread it looks like the may possibly make the euros and worlds team. But I was wondering if there is a chance for them to go to junior worlds instead in case they dont make the team. Since they are doing senior GPs and russian cup they cant go to junior nationals right? Can they then be put on the junior team anyway?
Another junior worlds medal would shurely be better than sitting out the rest of the season in case they dont qualify for senior this year.

In theory Russian Fed could sent them to the Junior Worlds but it is extremely unlikely that they would even consider this because Russia has 4 great Junior teams who still compete in juniors. Some of them could even beat P/K at the senior nationals and there is also a real possibility that one of the junior teams would end up 3rd at the senior nationals.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In case any of you were curious about the CBC commentary for their GP Helsinki LP, it's at the 7:30 mark (the password is pairs): https://vimeo.com/296555439 Their SP wasn't broadcast on Canadian television.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Great skate! They're definitely on the rise and will continue to improve as they gain more experience.

starla16

Medalist
very good skate, if they can get silver then they're in the GPF ?
if another bronze I think they need to wait and see if Bokova / Kozlovskii wont win silver in France.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland

Morozov is as dull as a soup without salt. And his level of connection with the public is similar to the lady commenting the pairs event in the Match TV. I was watching the streaming which offered this channel and almost fell asleep from the monotonous voice of the lady, deprived of any emotions. I don't know if she's an ex skater or a sports commentator, but I had never heard so passionless and one-note-voice comment before.

BTW, I noticed they received watches. I don't recall souvenirs other than flowers in other GPs or ISU events, although the truth is that I haven't seen many medal ceremonies. Is it frequent or is it something typical in Russian competitions?

The Finn

Record Breaker
BTW, I noticed they received watches. I don't recall souvenirs other than flowers in other GPs or ISU events, although the truth is that I haven't seen many medal ceremonies. Is it frequent or is it something typical in Russian competitions?

I recall that skaters got watches at Rostelecom last season also. Haven't really paid too much attention about what is given and where though.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Congrats Daria & Denis for reaching the GP Final.

There haven't been many pairs who have made it to the GP Final at their very first senior season.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Congrats on making the final! Obviously at their young age for pairs they have a lot of polishing to do, but it's great that they've got consistency and technical content. Can't wait to see them again.