Daria Pavliuchenko & Denis Khodykin | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Daria Pavliuchenko & Denis Khodykin

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Aww, I just got spoiled, so much for suspense, but i’m Happy to see them in the lead, love those two to bits :) can’t wait to see the actual skate! Something went great today, yay!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
They are shown as qualified for final on the Wiki! I sure hope so, but haven’t seen the free yet :)

s_parks

Record Breaker
Not the FS they wanted, but a second silver puts them in good position to qualify (if not already guaranteed?) for the GPF, so hopefully Daria can put that behind her and show a stronger performance at the final. :)

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
They are shown as qualified for final on the Wiki! I sure hope so, but haven’t seen the free yet :)
That would be an error, if so. They aren't guaranteed yet, though the odds certainly favour them. You can still construct plausible scenarios where they don't qualify. A lot for them rides, especially, on what happens with Tarasova/Morozov at Rostelecom and the melee at NHK Trophy.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
They are shown as qualified for final on the Wiki! ...

That would be an error, if so. They aren't guaranteed yet, though the odds certainly favour them. You can still construct plausible scenarios where they don't qualify. ...

I agree that a GPF slot is not guaranteed at this point, and yet (surprisingly, IMO) the ISU's own recap of GP France went so far as to say:

… With two silver medals, the couple look set to have earned a trip to the Grand Prix Final in Torino. ...

https://isu.org/figure-skating/news/news-fsk/12771-mishina-galliamov?templateParam=15 (Oct 2)​

Hope that Denis and Daria do make it to GPF. :pray:

starla16

Medalist
I agree that a GPF slot is not guaranteed at this point, and yet (surprisingly, IMO) the ISU's own recap of GP France went so far as to say:

… With two silver medals, the couple look set to have earned a trip to the Grand Prix Final in Torino. ...

https://isu.org/figure-skating/news/news-fsk/12771-mishina-galliamov?templateParam=15 (Oct 2)​

Hope that Denis and Daria do make it to GPF. :pray:

there is only one scenario that they wont make the final
T/M get gold in CoR and MT/M win silver in NHK (they will win the tie break against P/K)

better hope M/G get silver there at NHK

Batsuchan

Medalist
Congrats to Dasha and Denis for winning bronze at Nationals and making the Euros team!! :yes2:

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DASHA!!!! :cheer2: :hap93:

I'm sure that she and her bestie Aliona Kostornaia got up to some fun mischief for her birthday! :yes: :biggrin:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Dasha and Denis continue to do so well also in Graz, IMO they definitely deserved the silver.
I came across this photo on IG, I can't help but wish she would smile like that more often, natural and not in a forced way. She is utterly adorable here :luv17:
We did get to see a little of that after their FS and on the podium, but if she manages to do so also during the performance and let her personality come out, the impact this team makes will take leaps and bounds forward. I really hope they will come up with programs which will help improving on it.

Orlov

Medalist
Indeed, they come over very well. Dasha the brains, Denis the muscle of the pairing ;-)

No, I don't agree that Denis is just muscle. He is artistic and relaxed on the ice in contrast with Dasha.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
No, I don't agree that Denis is just muscle. He is artistic and relaxed on the ice in contrast with Dasha.

Their perception of each other is indeed quite different from their behaviour on the ice. Dar'ya is too strained often, and Denis both stabilises and comforts her emotionally. Their interview by Emma Gadzhiyeva was also very nice.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I loved all top 3 pairs, but if I had to pick one, it would be Dasha & Denis :luv17: They are clearly gearing up to catch up with B/K, and I was particularly impressed with Dasha who learned to "perform". It was delightful to see her genuine smile as they performed. She looks like a whole new skater.