Elizaveta Zhuk & Egor Britkov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Zhuk & Egor Britkov

The Finn

Record Breaker
According to rumors Liza is now skating with Martin Bidar. Or at least trying out with him. Will have to wait and see if this happens or not but if it does then they would make a very interesting new team with a lot of potential. Because of issues with her previous partners Liza hasn't competed much in the past two seasons but I always saw great potential in her and hopefully she will show that to everybody in near future, if not with Martin then with someone else.

hanca

Record Breaker
Will Russian federation release her? Bidar’s partnership with Osipova didn’t progress because the federation refused to release her to skate with Bidar, so not sure why they would treat Zhuk differently.

Jana

On the Ice
According to rumors Liza is now skating with Martin Bidar. Or at least trying out with him. Will have to wait and see if this happens or not but if it does then they would make a very interesting new team with a lot of potential. Because of issues with her previous partners Liza hasn't competed much in the past two seasons but I always saw great potential in her and hopefully she will show that to everybody in near future, if not with Martin then with someone else.

Czech Fed confirmed this partnership (https://www.czechskating.org/gallery/files/Informace_z_jednani_P_cKS_2019-05-17_5cefd44f133e7.pdf) - Now it depends on Russian Fed if they release Liza.

hanca

Record Breaker

paji15

On the Ice
IF Russian federation release Liza. They didn’t release Osipova last year to skate with Bidar, and didn’t also release some unknown and not very successful girl to skate for Australia. But that was a year ago, maybe Russia will be more generous this year.

Martin spend a lot of time in Russia and currently Liza visite him in Prague. They were already preparing program with Misha Ge. So it seems promising? But Czech Federation oficially didn't announce their partnership yet, so it seems like it's still not official. Liza seems to me more promising skater than Nika, so I would guess bigger problems. Hope for them a lot, because Martin is very good young pair skater and she seems also very good and struggling with finding right partner, with Martin, they seems to be personally good match and both want to compete at biggest level. They can be really very good pair.

hanca

Record Breaker
Martin spend a lot of time in Russia and currently Liza visite him in Prague. They were already preparing program with Misha Ge. So it seems promising? But Czech Federation oficially didn't announce their partnership yet, so it seems like it's still not official. Liza seems to me more promising skater than Nika, so I would guess bigger problems. Hope for them a lot, because Martin is very good young pair skater and she seems also very good and struggling with finding right partner, with Martin, they seems to be personally good match and both want to compete at biggest level. They can be really very good pair.

Preparing program is not really a good indicator of anything. They have to prepare program because they can’t afford to wait for being released. They need to be ready in case she is released. But her getting released is not guaranteed.

Czech federation can say whatever they want to, but it really depend on Russian federation if they release her, so it doesn’t really matter whether Czech federation announced it or not.

I think Osipova and Zhuk are roughly the same strength skaters. They both looked promising, Osipova with Galliamov and Zhuk with Britkov (who couldn’t land a jump to save his life). They both wasted the last year or two, Osipova skating with a pair beginner Tarasenko who had to learn all the lifts/throws/twist/death spiral and other pair elements com from beginning. Then she was searching for a partner, had some try outs (e.g. with Bidar, and also with some other Russian guys who were nowhere good enough). Zhuk wasted her time “skating” with Miroshkin who has been injured and having surgeries, as well as participating in Lipnitskaya/Ilynikh skating school and therefore there couldn’t have been that much skating he did with Zhuk. So both Osipova and Zhuk will probably take some time to get back into their past skill level. Zhuk used to have slightly better jumps than Osipova, but Zhuk also used to be very tiny, with a completely different figure. The question is how she is doing with jumps with her current figure. Osipova seems to have kept her figure same, which may be advantage for her jumps. (I am definitely not saying Zhuk has weight problem, but her figure changed. She grew a lot and filled up a bit.)

paji15

On the Ice
Preparing program is not really a good indicator of anything. They have to prepare program because they can’t afford to wait for being released. They need to be ready in case she is released. But her getting released is not guaranteed.

Czech federation can say whatever they want to, but it really depend on Russian federation if they release her, so it doesn’t really matter whether Czech federation announced it or not.

I think Osipova and Zhuk are roughly the same strength skaters. They both looked promising, Osipova with Galliamov and Zhuk with Britkov (who couldn’t land a jump to save his life). They both wasted the last year or two, Osipova skating with a pair beginner Tarasenko who had to learn all the lifts/throws/twist/death spiral and other pair elements com from beginning. Then she was searching for a partner, had some try outs (e.g. with Bidar, and also with some other Russian guys who were nowhere good enough). Zhuk wasted her time “skating” with Miroshkin who has been injured and having surgeries, as well as participating in Lipnitskaya/Ilynikh skating school and therefore there couldn’t have been that much skating he did with Zhuk. So both Osipova and Zhuk will probably take some time to get back into their past skill level. Zhuk used to have slightly better jumps than Osipova, but Zhuk also used to be very tiny, with a completely different figure. The question is how she is doing with jumps with her current figure. Osipova seems to have kept her figure same, which may be advantage for her jumps. (I am definitely not saying Zhuk has weight problem, but her figure changed. She grew a lot and filled up a bit.)

I mean announce as official thing. Not just from their side of course, I know very well it all depends on Russian side. Announced after she was released. So in that case, yea it's matter. Anyway I think there is one thing which is not helping them at all, and it's that another Czech skater start trying to get Russian girl. They applied later but he is not at all as promising as Bidař, he never did pairs before and is 20yo. I'm worried there is no way they would released two girls into one country, and if they decide released at least one, they might pick the less promising pair. (To be clear, I dont think they can't be good, they sure can, and so much, but released promising young girl to skate with junior world champion souds as more "dangerous" match.)

Thanks for clarification, I heard even earlier about Liza, but not about Nika, so I though she wasn't that good. By which I definitelly didn't mean she is bad or anything, I think all Russian girls are one of the best (at least) European skaters.

Of course Liza matured and her body change, she was 13 two years ago. But I think she is still very small. Of course she probably has some issues as she wasn't skating that much, on the other hand maybe she had more time to work on jumping technique so her jumps are not affected and will strugle more with pair elements.

hanca

Record Breaker
Of course Liza matured and her body change, she was 13 two years ago. But I think she is still very small. Of course she probably has some issues as she wasn't skating that much, on the other hand maybe she had more time to work on jumping technique so her jumps are not affected and will strugle more with pair elements.
I think you misunderstood me. I definitely don’t imply that her figure shouldn’t change with puberty. Of course it should, it is natural. I do think Zhuk is still slim. I don’t think she has any weight issues at all. But what I wrote about, is that before she had very reliable jumps. Now her figure changed and we haven’t seen her skate or compete for a season and a half, I am not sure whether she managed to keep the jumps as reliable as they were before. Plenty of skaters manage to skate even after they figure changes, e.g. look at Tuktamysheva. (That’s an extreme example. Zhik is definitely not as curvy). On the other hand, there are also plenty of other skaters who go through puberty, their figure changes and their jumps are never ever as reliable as they were before. The only way we will know if Zhuk has or hasn’t been affected is when we see her competing.

In comparison, even when Osipova was at her best, her jumps were worse than Zhuk’s jumps, but she does have an advantage that she has same figure as she had before. Again, it doesn’t guarantee that her jumps will work or not, but it does help.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I mean announce as official thing. Not just from their side of course, I know very well it all depends on Russian side. Announced after she was released. So in that case, yea it's matter. Anyway I think there is one thing which is not helping them at all, and it's that another Czech skater start trying to get Russian girl. They applied later but he is not at all as promising as Bidař, he never did pairs before and is 20yo. I'm worried there is no way they would released two girls into one country, and if they decide released at least one, they might pick the less promising pair. (To be clear, I dont think they can't be good, they sure can, and so much, but released promising young girl to skate with junior world champion souds as more "dangerous" match.)
I see your point and you are absolutely right. There is probably some unofficial limit for releasing skaters to one country, since Rusfed didn't release the second girl to represent Australia. As for the Czech fed application it matters which club is the second girl wanted by Czech fed from. If she is from Mozer team club then the FFKR will choose which partnership would be more suitable and less "dangerous". If the girl is from some other club her release most likely would be rejected like Nika Osipova's.

paji15

On the Ice
I see your point and you are absolutely right. There is probably some unofficial limit for releasing skaters to one country, since Rusfed didn't release the second girl to represent Australia. As for the Czech fed application it matters which club is the second girl wanted by Czech fed from. If she is from Mozer team club then the FFKR will choose which partnership would be more suitable and less "dangerous". If the girl is from some other club her release most likely would be rejected like Nika Osipova's.

Thaks for confirming my thought. Idk from which club she is, not even name, Czech fed just had in one of the list that her father is moving in here for work.

Idk much how those things work, but maybe as Bidař was coached by team Mozer with Abradzevich, and now is trying with Zhuk from that team, they might think it can work out, she maybe can be released? Have no idea how it's going but now they are together in Baselga di Piné, Italy. For what? Have no idea, but guess it's skating related?

paji15

On the Ice
now they are together in Baselga di Piné, Italy. For what? Have no idea, but guess it's skating related?

Ok It's team Mozer training camp. Seems like elite camp as Ashley Cain & Timothy Leduc and Natalia Zabijako & Alexander Ebert are there.

hanca

Record Breaker
Compared to Hanna, no doubt she is. But of course, they have to compete first.

Firstly, it is Anna Duskova, not Hanna. And secondly, until they actually compete and get the results, there is no point saying how better Liza is for him. With Anna they won junior worlds and placed 7th at Europeans and 11th at worlds. With Liza he still haven’t achieved anything. How can you be so sure that with Liza they will manage better results than with Anna? Liza hasn’t competed for over a year. Let’s not hand out the medals until they actually earn them.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Firstly, it is Anna Duskova, not Hanna. And secondly, until they actually compete and get the results, there is no point saying how better Liza is for him. With Anna they won junior worlds and placed 7th at Europeans and 11th at worlds. With Liza he still haven’t achieved anything. How can you be so sure that with Liza they will manage better results than with Anna? Liza hasn’t competed for over a year. Let’s not hand out the medals until they actually earn them.

No it is Hanna. Hanna ABRAZHEVICH, the partner Martin competed with last season.