Elizaveta Zhuk & Egor Britkov | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Zhuk & Egor Britkov

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Exactly. I don't understand the defensive tone above AT ALL. Martin's partnership with Anna ended more than a year ago already. They all moved on.

Also, I was always a big fan of both, and I don't have any hard feelings about one or the other. I was always very participative in their FF, can't understand why such a large reading about my simple answer.

paji15

On the Ice
Well I thought Czech test skates were closed to the public and recording & photographing was strictly forbidden :scratch2: ... Anyway, thanks for the links (at least something) :biggrin:

Someone asked at Czech Fed Fb page and they answered it's all open to public! :) So next tiime! (Also this sneaks are from official IG page of Czech Fed :laugh: They will post even interview with both of them later this week!)

The throw looks good. Liza definitely is a much better partner for Martin.

Yeah she is! Of course they didn't compete together yet, but Liza is pair skater and it's seen. Hanna was nice girl but it's seen she never do pairs, she is even too skinny and not mascular enough to land those jumps and hold possition safely. Pair skaters are usually the most mascular girls in figure skating. Also it seems that Liza speak english, so they understand ea, and they are much closer as personalities already now, they just fit together. (Also she is quite similar body type as Anička, so it's what Martin is used to.) But so far Liza didn't get official persmission from Russians, so we have to be careful.

Plus there are results from test skates: https://www.czechskating.org/files/...GxjagWpCOnRUF1_JxZFHYFOnFkYljJWon8Wy8j2qGOn7Q judges scores from free programs are missing but they said they will add it. They fell, but I'm surprised they are going for 3loop and not salchow or toeloop!

Also I wonder what are they doing in LA now? :think:

Rosallie

On the Ice
Someone asked at Czech Fed Fb page and they answered it's all open to public! :) So next tiime! (Also this sneaks are from official IG page of Czech Fed :laugh: They will post even interview with both of them later this week!)

Yeah she is! Of course they didn't compete together yet, but Liza is pair skater and it's seen. Hanna was nice girl but it's seen she never do pairs, she is even too skinny and not mascular enough to land those jumps and hold possition safely. Pair skaters are usually the most mascular girls in figure skating. Also it seems that Liza speak english, so they understand ea, and they are much closer as personalities already now, they just fit together. (Also she is quite similar body type as Anička, so it's what Martin is used to.) But so far Liza didn't get official persmission from Russians, so we have to be careful.

Plus there are results from test skates: https://www.czechskating.org/files/...GxjagWpCOnRUF1_JxZFHYFOnFkYljJWon8Wy8j2qGOn7Q judges scores from free programs are missing but they said they will add it. They fell, but I'm surprised they are going for 3loop and not salchow or toeloop!

Also I wonder what are they doing in LA now? :think:

In that case, it was such a misunderstanding from my side. I'm so sorry.

... Results from test skates: Why so few points? Why did both pairs for example just double twist when it is part of "competition" between them for Europeans and Worlds? :scratch2:

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Why did both pairs for example just double twist when it is part of "competition" between them for Europeans and Worlds? :scratch2:
I think because triple is not ready to try it in competition. It takes much time. And to have a good triple twist you must have a good double as a basis to learn. Tatiana Tarasova in commentary of Russian nationals said that she didn't understand why some coaches forced their students to do triple twist without learning double properly.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Also, especially in younger pairs, with not much experience doing triples, it takes quite a while for both athletes to get the timing right for a triple twist.

paji15

On the Ice
In that case, it was such a misunderstanding from my side. I'm so sorry.

... Results from test skates: Why so few points? Why did both pairs for example just double twist when it is part of "competition" between them for Europeans and Worlds? :scratch2:

Also, especially in younger pairs, with not much experience doing triples, it takes quite a while for both athletes to get the timing right for a triple twist.

Yeah. I think the point is, that Martin is ready to do 3 twist, but Liza was skating regularly in pairs when 13yo, and also she had quite a break. Idk if she was even doing it? Plus they skate together like 3 months? It's not much, they are just at the begining, they must develop solid mutual trust. When you think about it in context how short time they are together and that we are talking about 15yo girl and 20yo boy, which is very young age in pairs and not completed very experienced skaters, it's really good.

The same with Anička and Jakub. They skate together for a longer time and they know ea for years as Jakubka were their traning mate, which is big help. Anna is probably ready to do triple, but he wasn't doing it even with previous partner and she was MUCH smaller than Anna. Same with trowing jumps. He was doing probably just doubles with previous girl plus they must be careful about Anna's knee. If she'd be skating with Martin, it's different because he know how to throw her properly, but with Jakub they must be more careful.

I think it's good they are not rushing. It's better than develop bad habits or get injured. Also it's just test skates, it mean nothing in a case of nominations, they were just supposed to show how they look, their current way, and to be honest in context of other cathegories, they both were probably the best in there. About nomination will probably be decided at Nationals later as usual (and I btw wonder if they will also attend junior words, because they need experiences and both are still age eligible). And Liza first must get permition from Russian side.

hanca

Record Breaker
No it is Hanna. Hanna ABRAZHEVICH, the partner Martin competed with last season.

Oh I see. If the comparison was with Hanna Abrazhevich, then of course Liza Zhuk is much better. I thought the comparison was with his first partner, Duskova.

hanca

Record Breaker

When Iliuschetchkina paired with Moscovitch, they also initially did only double twist (even though they were both experienced pair skaters), until they were certain that their triple twist was safe. Everyone has a different timing and it takes a while before they adjust to a new timing. The last thing they want is for the male to drop the female in the middle of the competition. Accidents do happen, but you don’t really want to risk it at the competition until it is safe.

That’s the same for both Czech pairs. Why risk it at the test skates? There is nothing to win. The risk is not worth it.

paji15

On the Ice
Oh I see. If the comparison was with Hanna Abrazhevich, then of course Liza Zhuk is much better. I thought the comparison was with his first partner, Duskova.

Ooh no one can be questioning his and Anna's partnership! It's really a lost for pairs they split up! They were younger than usuallly skaters are in pairs while won the junior words, especially Martin, then sucesfully advanced into free in PYC despite they pracited just about month due to her surgery and then his ankle and had to get everything again after a break. They had so much potencial! I just hope they will be amazing with new partners!

Lachinka

Spectator
What even happen to Hanna? I thought their partnership is sealed, and then suddenly there's Liza at test skates... Why did the break up?

paji15

On the Ice
What even happen to Hanna? I thought their partnership is sealed, and then suddenly there's Liza at test skates... Why did the break up?

I don't really know. She was at czech camp in the second part of April, but in the middle of May, Czech Fed officially ended her contract already. He said in a little part of interview they posted in IG stories that he and Liza were paired by team Mozer. There were opportunity to try together, Liza didn't have a partner at the time and they were since the begining very good match.

So maybe Hanna was injured, he was at the camp in Russia without partner so they though they could be a good match so let them try and they were that good that they decide to try to make it official? Hanna was stuggling with injuries even before when they were together. I'd say it may be because she never skated in pair, she was only prepared as pair skater, but it's hard to do threw jumps etc out of nowhere. But it's just guess, maybe they split before he tried with Liza.

hanca

Record Breaker
Why do we need to make up that Hanna had an injury? It is quite possible that Martin didn’t see the progress he expected so he dumped her. If he could dump Anna, I am not surprised that he wouldn’t be happy with Hanna’s skating.

Rosallie

On the Ice
Why do we need to make up that Hanna had an injury? It is quite possible that Martin didn’t see the progress he expected so he dumped her. If he could dump Anna, I am not surprised that he wouldn’t be happy with Hanna’s skating.

Well I read that it was Anna's parents who sent the dissolving information to the Czech Skating. So actually we don't know who dumped whom. :confused2: But don't want to start conspiracy discussion!

hanca

Record Breaker
Well I read that it was Anna's parents who sent the dissolving information to the Czech Skating. So actually we don't know who dumped whom. :confused2: But don't want to start conspiracy discussion!

He did. He was not happy with Anna did not want to go abroad (even though there was a good reason for that - her final exams ‘maturita’) so he dumped her.

Lachinka

Spectator

Why so harsh words about Martin? It sounds a bit like he said "hah, not worthy of me" and just threw her away. We do not know what happened, indeed.

Lachinka

Spectator
He did. He was not happy with Anna did not want to go abroad (even though there was a good reason for that - her final exams ‘maturita’) so he dumped her.

In that case, I can understand Martin's point of view. He wanted to grow and evolve, focus more on fs, however, Anna is still leaving her back doors widely open with her medical studies.

Lachinka

Spectator
I don't really know. She was at czech camp in the second part of April, but in the middle of May, Czech Fed officially ended her contract already. He said in a little part of interview they posted in IG stories that he and Liza were paired by team Mozer. There were opportunity to try together, Liza didn't have a partner at the time and they were since the begining very good match.

So maybe Hanna was injured, he was at the camp in Russia without partner so they though they could be a good match so let them try and they were that good that they decide to try to make it official? Hanna was stuggling with injuries even before when they were together. I'd say it may be because she never skated in pair, she was only prepared as pair skater, but it's hard to do threw jumps etc out of nowhere. But it's just guess, maybe they split before he tried with Liza.

I saw the IG video and Martin sounded very excited about his partnership with Liza, he had a little spark in his eyes :luv17: And also the tone of his voice, I almost felt like this could be a beginning of something more than just a team :eek:::laugh:
Their personalities seem to match perfectly, both young, talented, determined. I just hope and pray rusfed releases her...

Lachinka

Spectator

What about a partner split and thats it. No one dumped anyone, their goals and expectations for the future just didnt meet? Lets consider it a new 93' :D

- - - Updated - - -

I have made a separate FanFest for Liza & Martin (https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?82255-Elizaveta-Zhuk-amp-Martin-Bidar), let's end spoiling of this thread about Liza & her previous partner Egor ;)

appreciated :)