2017 Worlds on-site reports | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds on-site reports

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Tell us all about it.
Practices, food, lodging, who you saw, impressions, we want to read about it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

zebobes

Final Flight
Jackie Wong (@rockerskating) is at practice right now. The ladies' first practice group just finished, which had all three Team USA women. It seemed to be a solid practice for them. Keep following his twitter account for more updates.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Just caught the end of the ladies practice group with the Canadian girls. The place looks great, the seats are super comfy!! And it's a lovely temperature (which for me is the most important thing).

Only two girls out of six at the next group. No Russian girls.

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No Shoma kun yet. Soon tho! Ice resurfacing and then he's up! Looking forward to Jorik from Belgium too.

ETA-- Jorik was a no show. Darn!:furious:

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Darn Coach Fluffy is standing in the end rather than on the side with the other coaches. That means he'll have his back to us a lot...Looking good and smiling. Did a couple Uncle Dai head rolls to warm up! :luv17: Black top. No purple pants...White coat for Coach Fluffy.

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
so it's happening, it feels like it just was Europeans time in January and poof! - time goes so fast...

I just want to write it here, not necessarily creating a separate thread - for All of You attending:

- have a safe trips, nice accommodations, full of fun and enjoyment of the city and meeting together!:cheer:

- it would be extra nice to have frequent reports from the site (thanks A LOT in advance for all of them!:thank:), but most of all - enjoy skating, skaters, feel the most from this experience, as this is the last Worlds (probably) for few brilliant skaters I think, cherish the moment!:cheer:

- for those who will have cameras - if You'll have an opportunity, please post some photos (I like those practice ones the most), thanks in advance!(Dear YesWay, I'm looking at You:cool14:)

- please wave flags also on my behalf, especially for Laurine, Vannesa/Morgan (French), Canadian/US ice dancers, Anna, Maxim and Mikhail (Russia), Shoma and Japanes ladies (God knows they do need this), US ladies, Canadian ladies, Chinese pairs, Aliona/Bruno (here please add loud WOOOOT from Poland!), Dabin Choi, Julian Yee (Malaysian), Deniss V. (Latvian), Alexa and Chris (US), Lubov and Dylan (Canadian) and many others (lol, I know I'm demanding)

ETA - and please cheer loudly (and wave Polish flag if You'll have any, for Polish ice dancers, Natalia and Maksym!!!)

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Darn Coach Fluffy is standing in the end rather than on the side with the other coaches. That means he'll have his back to us a lot...Looking good and smiling. Did a couple Uncle Dai head rolls to warm up! :luv17: Black top. No purple pants. Dang...White coat for Coach Fluffy.

hi :ghug:, I want to squeeze this cute little Shoma from Your new avatar!!! Good choice :cool14:

looking forward to see all these goodies from practice after work, this will be a week from hell...

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
4Lo not workin too well for smol bean (Shoma) today. Beautiful 3A from inside edge spread eagle. Decent 4T-2T. Beautiful 3 jump combo.

Misha Ge right now. Lookin good. Nice applause from appreciative crowd.

Last edited:

carmina

On the Ice
Just caught the end of the ladies practice group with the Canadian girls. The place looks great, the seats are super comfy!! And it's a lovely temperature (which for me is the most important thing).

Only two girls out of six at the next group. No Russian girls.

I thought evgenia never misses the practice... :eek: