2017 Worlds on-site reports | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds on-site reports

rccr25

Rinkside
Please shout for SUI/HAN on my behalf if you see them thank you thank you!!!:love:
According to the schedule, the first pairs OP should be done. But I haven't heard any news about it...

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Actually there is a British gentleman sitting in front of me who is saying usually the Russians don't show up for practices the first day. I have no idea if that's true or not. Voronov was at SA practice, and I think I remember Evgenia being at Sk Can practice. Really wanted to see the Russian ladies. Maybe tomorrow.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Please shout for SUI/HAN on my behalf if you see them thank you thank you!!!:love:
According to the schedule, the first pairs OP should be done. But I haven't heard any news about it...

Pairs doesn't start until much later. It's Men's now.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

We just finished Group 2 men. Ice resurfacing now (for Patrick? Sorry 4everchan :luv17:) Still 4 more groups of men. Pairs aren't for another 2 hours or so...Haven Denny & Brandon and Chris Knieram came in the arena for a few minutes to watch the U.S. ladies.

ETA -- Wait, no Patrick or Kevin?

Last edited:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
ohh... How can they keep calm with last minute arrival?

Even I got nervous for them...

They don't suffer jet lag, though, since the timezones are pretty much the same (maybe 1h difference), so it's nothing worrying!

atsumiri

Record Breaker
They don't suffer jet lag, though, since the timezones are pretty much the same (maybe 1h difference), so it's nothing worrying!
I checked. Actually it's the same time zone. not even 1h difference.

zounger

Medalist
I checked. Actually it's the same time zone. not even 1h difference.

Normally it's 1h difference but since the time changed by (+1) an hour to the summer one in Europe yesterday and Russia doesn't' apply that anymore it's the same.

But the flight from Moscow to Helsinki is 2h so you can even do a morning training in Moscow and be in Helsinki by night. Of course it's better to have a training in the event ice rink for acclimatization but they are very experience athletes so one training doesn't make a big difference in the end.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Get ready -- Jason, Brendan, Nathan, Julian, Javier Raya & Fernandez...They were hanging up a bunch of banners people made. Wish I could see them.

ETA -- Dang - no Javi F.

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Get ready -- Jason, Brendan, Nathan, Julian, Javier Raya & Fernandez...They were hanging up a bunch of banners people made. Wish I could see them.

ETA -- Dang - no Javi F.

Julian :love:, so much goodie and Aussie Pirate Brendan, wooot! Jason!