2017 Worlds on-site reports | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds on-site reports

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Wenjing and Han looking regal and explosive as usual?:love: and is Yu even more beautiful looking in person?:love:
Yes and yes. Seen them before in real life, but they never fail to impress.

There is a pair on the ice now with a disco program! Unfortunately I have no idea who they are. ;-/
Edit, it must have been the Croatian pair. Good fun!

Last edited:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Ok, I am officially in pairs heaven! I think 3 pairs just had a gold medal practice -- Sui and Han , Morgan and Cipres, Yu and Zhang. Synchronicity, speed, jumps, throws. OMG! Zhang threw Yu SO high. Honestly, it was one of those moves where our Brit B ESP guys would have said "She could have changed a light bulb while she was up there". Wow, just wow! :jaw:
I was looking forward to hear about Stolbova Klimov practice. :luv17:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
omg, if this will be the level of pairs competition...so, so happy to hear Vanessa/Morgan are slaying it!!! Is John Zimmermann hairless already?? :laugh:

SO happy for Zimmerman! That was quite a practice group. They all looked so determined I thought maybe the competition had already started! :scratch2: :yahoo:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
SO happy for Zimmerman! That was quite a practice group. They all looked so determined I thought maybe the competition had already started! :scratch2: :yahoo:

no wonder considering Wenjing/Han 2 silvers, they are rolling for gold this time, I have no doubts about their determination

but what a story it would be to see Vanessa/Morgan on Worlds podium...honestly I'm all over it!!:cheer:

Altie

On the Ice
Until now it seems that all my faves are doing great THIS IS SO EXCITING omg. :cheer:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks everyone for taking the time to post the practice reports, much appreciated! :cool2:

QuadThrow

Medalist
Keep on posting. I read you all.

S/H and J/C have the momentum on their side. Want to hear something about Aljona and Bruno's practice.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Keep on posting. I read you all.

S/H and J/C have the momentum on their side. Want to hear something about Aljona and Bruno's practice.

Aliona and Bruno just took the ice. North Korean pair in this group too. We're on Group 3. Someone asked about Stolbova and Klimov. They are Group 5.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Feeling really privileged to be here with all these great pairs!
Aljona's practice outfit sparkles, her top, her gloves, even her boots!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Feeling really privileged to be here with all these great pairs!
Aljona's practice outfit sparkles, her top, her gloves, even her boots!

Pairs Queen in her appropriate attire! Hope they'll have good practice

QuadThrow

Medalist
Aliona and Bruno just took the ice. North Korean pair in this group too. We're on Group 3. Someone asked about Stolbova and Klimov. They are Group 5.

What an international group. North Korea, france, ukraine and another German pair;)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2 arena things -- temperature is great; cool-ish but not cold. Just bought a small Diet Pepsi 3.50€.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aliona and Bruno didn't do their jumps or throws when they ran their SP. But oh my gosh, their sass, musicality, synchronicity. Ok, now I'm worried. How many gold medals are they giving out????

Bit of a rough run through for the North Korean pair, but as soon as I hear the harp intro of one of the Tchaikovsky Big 3, I'm in. Looking forward to seeing how they develop.

Ok, what is going on. Chris Knieram is on the ice and there's no Alexa. I'm worried.

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
2 arena things -- temperature is great; cool-ish but not cold. Just bought a small Diet Pepsi 3.50€.
I think it's quickly gotten colder over the past hour or so. :-( Good to know the snow boots and extra fleece blanket aren't a waste of suitcase space, after all.
Gonna stick around for the Russian pairs and then call it quits.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it's quickly gotten colder over the past hour or so. :-( Good to know the snow boots and extra fleece blanket aren't a waste of suitcase space, after all.
Gonna stick around for the Russian pairs and then call it quits.

Lots of people left after the singles were done. I think when the arena is a little fuller, it's perfect. All a matter of preference, of course.