2017 World Ladies SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 World Ladies SP

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Glad that the ladies will find their medals 2nd out of 4. At Boston last year, the ladies were dead last in finding their medals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eta

Medalist
Was the starting order determined by a seeded draw? I used to think I know how it worked but then this season happened...

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Was the starting order determined by a seeded draw? I used to think I know how it worked but then this season happened...

Seeding is supposed to be done by ordering skaters by World Ranking, and splitting them into two approximately equal groups "skate earlier" and "skate later". With uneven numbers of skaters, the extra skater is put into "skate later" In the "skate later" group, the highest ranking skaters have a draw for the last warmup group and the next highest ranking skaters draw for the penultimate group, followed by any remaining skaters in the "skate later" group drawing for spots. Then the "skate earlier" group will have a draw for their spots (with no separate groupings like the "skate later" skaters do).

Starts on page 88 here

Starting order by current World Standings Ranking:

Warmup Group 1

Warmup Group 2

Warmup Group 3

Warmup Group 4

Warmup Group 5

Warmup Group 6

Warmup Group 7

Judging by this, it looks like the rules were followed. 37 skaters means 19 in "skate later" and 18 in "skate earlier". Warmup Group 7 contains the 6 top ranked skaters, and Warmup Group 6 the next top 6. The 7 remaining "skate later" make up Warmup Group 5 and the last two spots in Warmup Group 4. Warmup Groups 1-3 and the first 3 skaters in Warmup Group 4 are then entirely random draw for their spots, which is how Anastasia Galustyan (ranked 41) is in Warmup Group 1 and Yasmine Kimiko Yamada (ranked 170) is in Warmup Group 3.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Glad that the ladies will find their medals 2nd out of 4. At Boston last year, the ladies were dead last in finding their medals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some are still trying to find their medals from boston... okokok... this is just my weird sense of humour ;)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder how they pick the order of disciplines.

I expect that in Boston, they catered to the American fascination with ladies' singles.

In Finland, I guess not so much. Who picks? The organizing committee or the ISU? Does it rotate?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Could it be worse for the Russian ladies? My only hope is that among AUT CAN CZE FRA GBR JPN LAT NOR KOR SLO ESP SWE SUI there are somebody with slavic last names :)

Take heart! There is a FRA judge!
But seriously, judges arent biased, are they? Why, just look at the US Supreme Court judges!
(disclaimer: I believe in the tooth fairy)

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Has anyone watched Worlds on NBCSN in the US? How much of the short program do they usually show? There is no way I can stay up to watch it on a stream.
:(

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Has anyone watched Worlds on NBCSN in the US? How much of the short program do they usually show? There is no way I can stay up to watch it on a stream.
:(

Usually at least the last two groups + American skaters who may not be in those groups (during breaks, etc)

SInce the block for the NBCSN Ladies SP stream/broadcast is ~2 hours, and the last two SP groups are about 1 hour and 40 minutes total, they'll probably also show a few others before Group 6 starts and/or during the Zamboni break between Group 6 and Group 7.

Last edited:

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Usually at least the last two groups + American skaters who may not be in those groups (during breaks, etc)

SInce the block for the NBCSN Ladies SP stream/broadcast is ~2 hours, and the last two SP groups are about 1 hour and 40 minutes total, they'll probably also show a few others before Group 6 starts and/or during the Zamboni break between Group 6 and Group 7.

Thanks Chem! Surely they will show Carolina! There are a few from the first five groups that I would like to see, but I hope they show her!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Since I'm not sure I'll have time to watch coverage live today because of thesis stuff, and I'm heading to bed now, I leave you all with this pre-emptive SHUT UP, TARA!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ugggh, a 10:40AM start, Finnish time?! I was dumb and assumed it would be later in the day, silly me. :tantrum:

I doubt I'll be able to stay awake for the entire night. :( I'd love to see the final two groups, maybe I should set an alarm? Would anyone know the approximate start time of the last two groups in EST?

:dbana: :bed:

Last edited: