Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146
Results 2,176 to 2,188 of 2188

Thread: 2017 Worlds Men's SP

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by begin View Post
    IIRC the referees handle time violations and they're extremely strict. I've seen deduction for skaters who accidentally stop their blades a second after the music...and Yuzu was a good 2+ secs over his time limit .
    So they start counting exactly when? The first moment he steps on the ice?

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by reneerose View Post
    So they start counting exactly when? The first moment he steps on the ice?
    The clock starts right after the skater's name is called (like so https://twitter.com/SkatingProtocol/...45360872841216)

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    For all those sad about Kolyada, I think as soon as Javier retires his PCS will rise.
    LOL, yeah, he might place one place higher after Javier is no more competing... On the other one or more skaters might rise up in results, never mind where they are coming from? In my opinion Kolyada will start getting higher PCS only after he himself will get better programs and start to place high in competitions. That is the way it happens....
    Last edited by Jaana; 04-01-2017 at 03:40 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Just wondering Rohene Ward somewhere has said he doesn't like using music with lyrics, then how comes Jason is skating to something with lyrics?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by begin View Post
    IIRC the referees handle time violations and they're extremely strict. I've seen deduction for skaters who accidentally stop their blades a second after the music...and Yuzu was a good 2+ secs over his time limit .
    2 seconds? Keep going. I timed it and he took 38-39seconds to get in place after his name was called. That's 8-9 over, not 2, and the referee was well within their rights to give the deduction since there were no extenuating circumstances. Hanyu is not above the rules.

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    2 seconds? Keep going. I timed it and he took 38-39seconds to get in place after his name was called. That's 8-9 over, not 2, and the referee was well within their rights to give the deduction since there were no extenuating circumstances. Hanyu is not above the rules.
    He learned his lesson quickly. In the free skate, first to skate again, he did all his prep as skaters were getting off the ice, zoomed to the starting point and was within his time limit.

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Interspectator View Post
    He learned his lesson quickly. In the free skate, first to skate again, he did all his prep as skaters were getting off the ice, zoomed to the starting point and was within his time limit.
    I noticed that. Well, it's good. He realised he screwed up, so he fixed it.

Don't resist your mistakes. Learn from them. He does that well.

#WeAllWeGot#WeAllWeNeed el henry's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon View Post
    Just wondering Rohene Ward somewhere has said he doesn't like using music with lyrics, then how comes Jason is skating to something with lyrics?
    Jason has a 30 minute interview with Jackie Wong and Lynn Rutherford with many details, but the short version is that Sam Smith was originally an exhibition skate. At the US "Champs Camp", advisors thought Jason's original SP was too close to the Piano in style. Kori said "look at this", he skated the Sam Smith Exh. for them, and a new SP was born.

Rohene may be rethinking his stance, too
    Last edited by el henry; 04-02-2017 at 01:23 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by el henry View Post
    Rohene may be rethinking his stance, too
    el henry, thank you.
    I'm curious what Rohene is thinking.

#WeAllWeGot#WeAllWeNeed el henry's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon View Post
    el henry, thank you.
    I'm curious what Rohene is thinking.
    I'm curious, too, but I was just speculating: I do remember the interview where Rohene said he preferred not to use lyrics, but I don't know if he has changed his mind.

What was interesting about the Jason interview is that *Jason* said he doesn't like lyrics in programs. I think some people think that Jason is some little mini-me out there just skating Rohene's programs, but this interview showed he definitely has his own ideas.

But I like it

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinVchicago View Post
    I'd like to request one medal for Jin Boyang, please. Preferably at least silver, but bronze is fine. I won't ask for the gold, because I know there is still work to be done. Thank you, skate gods!
    Just wanted to check back in to thank the skate gods for granting this wish. The happiest moment of this year's World Championships for me. Thank you, skate gods! BRONZE MEDAL FOR JIN BOYANG!

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    I read/heard from tv commentators they changed the rules this year. It used to be the first skater has 1 minute after their name being called. This year they changed it to 30 seconds. Either it's slipped his mind or he didn't know. He learned his lesson and quickly moved into place for the FS. I don't know how much time he took for the FS, but there were skaters still leaving the ice as he was getting ready. Let's move on.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinVchicago View Post
    Absolutely agree. It's not fair that he will always have to work 10% harder than others at his level. But he is my superhero for that.
    You can't get +3 GOE if you don't have preceding steps before hand along with 5 other criteria.

Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146