2017 Worlds Men's SP | Page 110 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Men's SP

Interspectator

Record Breaker
2 seconds? Keep going. I timed it and he took 38-39seconds to get in place after his name was called. That's 8-9 over, not 2, and the referee was well within their rights to give the deduction since there were no extenuating circumstances. Hanyu is not above the rules.

He learned his lesson quickly. In the free skate, first to skate again, he did all his prep as skaters were getting off the ice, zoomed to the starting point and was within his time limit.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He learned his lesson quickly. In the free skate, first to skate again, he did all his prep as skaters were getting off the ice, zoomed to the starting point and was within his time limit.

I noticed that. :laugh: Well, it's good. He realised he screwed up, so he fixed it.

Don't resist your mistakes. Learn from them. He does that well.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just wondering Rohene Ward somewhere has said he doesn't like using music with lyrics, then how comes Jason is skating to something with lyrics?

Jason has a 30 minute interview with Jackie Wong and Lynn Rutherford with many details, but the short version is that Sam Smith was originally an exhibition skate. At the US "Champs Camp", advisors thought Jason's original SP was too close to the Piano in style. Kori said "look at this", he skated the Sam Smith Exh. for them, and a new SP was born.

Rohene may be rethinking his stance, too;)

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
el henry, thank you.
I'm curious what Rohene is thinking.

I'm curious, too, but I was just speculating: I do remember the interview where Rohene said he preferred not to use lyrics, but I don't know if he has changed his mind.

What was interesting about the Jason interview is that *Jason* said he doesn't like lyrics in programs. I think some people think that Jason is some little mini-me out there just skating Rohene's programs, but this interview showed he definitely has his own ideas.
:hijacked:
But I like it:biggrin:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I'd like to request one medal for Jin Boyang, please. Preferably at least silver, but bronze is fine. I won't ask for the gold, because I know there is still work to be done. Thank you, skate gods!

Just wanted to check back in to thank the skate gods for granting this wish. The happiest moment of this year's World Championships for me. Thank you, skate gods! BRONZE MEDAL FOR JIN BOYANG!

asiacheetah

On the Ice
2 seconds? Keep going. I timed it and he took 38-39seconds to get in place after his name was called. That's 8-9 over, not 2, and the referee was well within their rights to give the deduction since there were no extenuating circumstances. Hanyu is not above the rules.

I read/heard from tv commentators they changed the rules this year. It used to be the first skater has 1 minute after their name being called. This year they changed it to 30 seconds. Either it's slipped his mind or he didn't know. He learned his lesson and quickly moved into place for the FS. I don't know how much time he took for the FS, but there were skaters still leaving the ice as he was getting ready. Let's move on.