2017 World Ladies FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 World Ladies FS

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I cannot help it, but I start getting worried for Anna. Looks like she is skating against a lot of headwind here. In the SP she has done the same things as in the entire previous season so far in the same quality. Yet she has suddenly taken a hit in GOE in practically every element as well as in PCS. Her 3Lz-3T dropped from 11.50/11.70 in GPF/Euros to 10.80 at worlds. I cannot see why, the jumps look practically identical. At the same time Kaetlyn was raised from 11.00 to 11.40 for a combo which looked again the same.

The judges seem to say "See, Anna, we liked you all season long, but now at worlds we do not like you anymore." Weird. :eek:hwell:

The way the competition is going politically is very bad for Anna. May be subconciously the judges is pushing her out in prep for Alina. Also it is time to have a Canadian lady on the podium. Had Kaetlyn been healthy, she would be one of the podium finishers years ago already.

I want Anna to skate perfectly... so there can be no regret. You can't control the judging, but there's could at least be reasonable doubt upon reviewing.

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I cannot help it, but I start getting worried for Anna. Looks like she is skating against a lot of headwind here. In the SP she has done the same things as in the entire previous season so far in the same quality. Yet she has suddenly taken a hit in GOE in practically every element as well as in PCS. Her 3Lz-3T dropped from 11.50/11.70 in GPF/Euros to 10.80 at worlds. I cannot see why, the jumps look practically identical. At the same time Kaetlyn was raised from 11.00 to 11.40 for a combo which looked again the same.

The judges seem to say "See, Anna, we liked you all season long, but now at worlds we do not like you anymore." Weird. :eek:hwell:

Weird? Oh no..that is the story of her career. Always second/third/fourth best. The combi was great, the solo jumps maybe not as perfect but in the PCS category, she should've led, imho. Well, she is not popular and the only thing she can do is prove the naysayers wrong and skate a perfect program tonight. She HAS to be perfect. The pressure must be so hard for her.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
The way the competition is going politically is very bad for Anna. May be subconciously the judges is pushing her out in prep for Alina. Also it is time to have a Canadian lady on the podium. Had Kaetlyn been healthy, she would be one of the podium finishers years ago already.

I want Anna to skate perfectly... so there can be no regret. You can't control the judging, but there's could at least be reasonable doubt upon reviewing.
Anna has impressed over and over again this season. Really, her growth in consistency and performance quality this year is astounding. I have my fingers crossed for a marvelous result for her. Success, Anna!

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I really want Japan to keep their three spots... But at the same time, I want US and Russia to keep three spots and Canada to earn three... Which is basically impossible. Or is there any potentionaly wild scenario in which all four countries would earn three spots?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Anna has impressed over and over again this season. Really, her growth in consistency and performance quality this year is astounding. I have my fingers crossed for a marvelous result for her. Success, Anna!

Yeah I love her to bits, she is my fav Russian skater next to Julia. She has to fight for every point, and come back from her slump, not typical of her peers.
I also appreciate her attacking style and raw emotions on ice. Not refined is fine if she pick a program that suit her well.

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
If IN during the ladies free I am going to lose my freaking mind.

(Can't watch illegal streams at work).

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I really want Japan to keep their three spots... But at the same time, I want US and Russia to keep three spots and Canada to earn three... Which is basically impossible. Or is there any potentionaly wild scenario in which all four countries would earn three spots?

I think it's horrible, but realistically....Japan's third spot is gone. I just can't see how they will rise up, unless there are major meltdowns, and why should there be?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Watched the ladies short with my friend who is a casual fan (and doesn't care about marks) and she liked Anna and Osmond the best. She said Anna had wonderfully expressive arms.

I'm hoping that everyone skates well. I don't really care if either Canadian lady wins a medal I just hope they skate well. Osmond in particular needs a good long program to erase any fears in the judges minds that she can do a good long.

Still see Evgenia winning this. Everything else is in the wind.

medvedevasocks

Match Penalty

The judges have shown all season they consider a clean Kaitlyn Osmond the 2nd best skater. She just hasnt been able to do enough clean outings, especialy in the long program to capatilize. The judges have not liked Anna that much this year. She was clean at the GPF and still lost silver to Miyahara and her baby jumps. She was 4th at her own Nationals behind Sostkova, even with clean skates.

medvedevasocks

Match Penalty
The way the competition is going politically is very bad for Anna. May be subconciously the judges is pushing her out in prep for Alina.

I think Russian Nationals this year clearly showed Russian fed already considers Zagitova their #2 girl for next year. Yes this has an effect.

Would this be the first time in history 2 Canadian women have stood on the world podium together if they both hang on to medal? Anyone know.

thoakun

Final Flight
My ideal winners in figure skating are those who can be appreciated by casual viewers with discerning taste. Reading about the opinions of laymen/casual fans in different threads, I'm happy to see skaters with true qualities are recognized. You may not be able to explain why someone is good, but you know it when you see talents and good execution.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The odds of both Gabrielle and Kaetlyn delivering over Anna in the LP seem low to me. I like all 3 of them, but I just think at least one Canadian will falter and Anna has generally been consistent this season. I think she still should medal, although the "bronze curse" may strike once again.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I think Russian Nationals this year clearly showed Russian fed already considers Zagitova their #2 girl for next year. Yes this has an effect.

Would this be the first time in history 2 Canadian women have stood on the world podium together if they both hang on to medal? Anyone know.

I just hope Kaetlyn don't implode like at 4CC. This is her Silver if she want it.

I am still mad as hell how the judges dropped Zijun's sp pcs by 2 whole points since 4CC mere weeks ago when she had also upgraded her tech content here.

The judges were really stingey with the GOEs as well and her step sequence were marked level 2. Her 5th place FS at 4CC PCS was 55.66 (vs 58.13 4 years ago!!!), if it drops any further, I think this may very welll be her last competition.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm going to Nashville with my mom to visit my younger brother, so I won't be able to watch anything. Flight boarding in 1 hour.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I'm going to be missing a chunk of the competition because I need to go catch a train to my mom's house after work. I'll have to catch something of it from Eurosport's 'replay coverage'.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Zijun skates first, I hope she can take it easy and skate well!!:ghug::ghug::ghug: (Though I know the judges are gonna really press her down on PCS...:()

Laurine rocks the costume change!

Angelina and Anastasia skate well!:ghug:

Rika, Mai and Wakaba PLEASE skate perfect and keep 3 spots for Japan:ghug:

Ashley UR as little as possible

Karen nail all jumps and remind people that spirals still exist

Maria skate a bit faster and bigger, dont really skate Adagio

Elizabeth be a beautiful princess

Anna and Gabby please slay :ghug:

Kaetlyn, please skate clean:ghug::ghug:

And finally, Ave Carolina

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I just hope Kaetlyn don't implode like at 4CC. This is her Silver if she want it.

I am still mad as hell how the judges dropped Zijun's sp pcs by 2 whole points since 4CC mere weeks ago when she had also upgraded her tech content here.

The judges were really stingey with the GOEs as well and her step sequence were marked level 2. Her 5th place FS at 4CC PCS was 55.66 (vs 58.13 4 years ago!!!), if it drops any further, I think this may very welll be her last competition.

i think both gabby and kaetlyn have learned from 4cc... and are still learning... so let's see to what extent but i don't think either will implode. will it perfect? who knows.. but implode, i doubt it.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
i think both gabby and kaetlyn have learned from 4cc... and are still learning... so let's see to what extent but i don't think either will implode. will it perfect? who knows.. but implode, i doubt it.

Please explain your avatar !!! :biggrin: