2017 World Ladies FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 World Ladies FS

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
i think both gabby and kaetlyn have learned from 4cc... and are still learning... so let's see to what extent but i don't think either will implode. will it perfect? who knows.. but implode, i doubt it.

Kaetlyn said she was really working on her stamina for the long program in the last 2 weeks. Hopefully that will have dividends.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think Russian Nationals this year clearly showed Russian fed already considers Zagitova their #2 girl for next year. Yes this has an effect.

Would this be the first time in history 2 Canadian women have stood on the world podium together if they both hang on to medal? Anyone know.

If this is true for Anna P. do you think she has given any thought about siting out after the Olympics for a year and then competing for the Ukraine? She'd be the unquestioned number on there and they would get behind her. American ladies do this all the time and so do Canadian IDers.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh my god, I am so nervous for our Canadian homegirls. Not all the alcohol or benzodiazepines in the world could calm my nerves at the moment. :tantrum:

(PSA: Never ever take an alcohol/benzo combo, people die when they do that)

Sackie

Medalist
After the marking that has taken place so far in all fields I am pretty sure Karen is going to take the bronze medal here. I think the judges want a USA skater on the podium again and it seems they are favouring Karen over Ashley. And this way going into an Olympic year where Ladies Skating is taken so seriously as a highlight of the games in the USA - it will be nice if they can promote two world medalist in the running for the Olympics! And if the caller is going to overlook any URs from Karen, there is no way she won't be moving up.

andromache

Record Breaker
I trust Kaetlyn more than Gabby in an LP. Gabby still has me mentally scarred from TDF this past year. Great SP, bad LP. She's just more of an SP skater.

Being in the medal hunt after the SP at Worlds is a new situation for both of them. Even if they implode (or don't skate perfectly), it's a real learning experience for next season. Canadian ladies showing up and saying they need to be taken seriously. None of them are little prodigies who won everything in sight in juniors or their first few senior seasons, but they've worked their butts off to make real, meaningful improvements over many years. They're what sport is all about.

(I'm not even Canadian or a big Osmond fangirl, but somehow I just started rambling about the Canadian ladies idk).

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Please explain your avatar !!! :biggrin:

LOL

it's a combo of many things ;)

1) in the Canadian thread... one user wrote a post that was pretty negative about Canadian skating... to which i replied : I blame your negativity for the extinction of unicorns.

2) a dear friend from Patrick's fan fest, blueberryhill is well-known for her quirky sense of humour and photoshop skills... she has created numerous photochans as we call them... Perhaps have you seen her satoko-leia image... it's hilarious!!!!

So, after seeing my comment, and perhaps also because we talk about Patrick's magic, she sent it to me ;) to cheer up ;)

So of course, Patrick is running alongside this gorgeous unicorn ;) and there are other lucky symbols here like the rainbow and leprechaun.... (to which i refer as little shoma from last year of course)...

so far, it has been a good luck charm for our skaters for sure ;) and represents the kind of positive energy I would like to keep spreading in the forum ;)

KatGrace1925

Medalist
After the marking that has taken place so far in all fields I am pretty sure Karen is going to take the bronze medal here. I think the judges want a USA skater on the podium again and it seems they are favouring Karen over Ashley. And this way going into an Olympic year where Ladies Skating is taken so seriously as a highlight of the games in the USA - it will be nice if they can promote two world medalist in the running for the Olympics! And if the caller is going to overlook any URs from Karen, there is no way she won't be moving up.

The callers were overlooking underrotations for everyone. It's annoying but at least they are being consistent.

Besides that Karen only ever underrotates on her 3-3/2-3 it's not a huge problem on every jump pass like Ashley seems to be having this season. All of Ashley's jump passes looked underrotated to me in the short, it may not have been called but she got destroyed in GOE.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I trust Kaetlyn more than Gabby in an LP. Gabby still has me mentally scarred from TDF this past year. Great SP, bad LP. She's just more of an SP skater.

Being in the medal hunt after the SP at Worlds is a new situation for both of them. Even if they implode (or don't skate perfectly), it's a real learning experience for next season. Canadian ladies showing up and saying they need to be taken seriously. None of them are little prodigies who won everything in sight in juniors or their first few senior seasons, but they've worked their butts off to make real, meaningful improvements over many years. They're what sport is all about.

(I'm not even Canadian or a big Osmond fangirl, but somehow I just started rambling about the Canadian ladies idk).

Gabby needs to break out of the cycle if having a bad long program. I am hoping she'll do it here!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Save travels, darlin'. They really need wifi on planes.

some have internet.... especially in the usa.... (well the couples time i used it was when i traveled to the usa with an american company... was it united??? not sure) you have to pay for it but it's not much

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
LOL

it's a combo of many things ;)

1) in the Canadian thread... one user wrote a post that was pretty negative about Canadian skating... to which i replied : I blame your negativity for the extinction of unicorns.

2) a dear friend from Patrick's fan fest, blueberryhill is well-known for her quirky sense of humour and photoshop skills... she has created numerous photochans as we call them... Perhaps have you seen her satoko-leia image... it's hilarious!!!!

So, after seeing my comment, and perhaps also because we talk about Patrick's magic, she sent it to me ;) to cheer up ;)

So of course, Patrick is running alongside this gorgeous unicorn ;) and there are other lucky symbols here like the rainbow and leprechaun.... (to which i refer as little shoma from last year of course)...

so far, it has been a good luck charm for our skaters for sure ;) and represents the kind of positive energy I would like to keep spreading in the forum ;)

Oh it was a lprechaun!! It makes so much sense now. I thought was it was some weird green alien (possibly represent you?) carry a purse or pooh (yeah the other one). It makes so much sense now.

It is a great avatar. Everytime I hear more of Pat's criticisms, I will cheer myself up by looking for your avatar. :biggrin:

andromache

Record Breaker
Oh it was a lprechaun!! It makes so much sense now. I thought was it was some weird green alien (possibly represent you?) carry a purse or pooh (yeah the other one). It makes so much sense now.

It is a great avatar. Everytime I hear more of Pat's criticisms, I will cheer myself up by looking for your avatar. :biggrin:

I lol'd so hard at this :laugh2:

Sackie

Medalist
I think Gabby may have learned from 4CC that she can place well if she skates like she can. I am sure she realises she lost the Gold medal there simply because she lost focus in the middle of her program. I think that fact that she is in 3rd here too may also show her that when she skates clean and up to her abilities the judges are willing to finally reward her! So I expect her to have a good free skate here - but with some many other great ones behind her it still may not be enough to keep her in the top 5!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Gabby needs to break out of the cycle if having a bad long program. I am hoping she'll do it here!

actually gabby broke out of the cycle of having a bad short at TDF.....she used to do the 3lz-3t combo and as her lutz is so huge, she often had a wobble n the 3t... so we "told her" to ditch that combo LOL and use the 3t-3t... since then she has had great shorts...

at TDF... she skated her first big opening jumping pass into a puddle and fell badly... i wouldn't fault her for her bad lp there...

she had a wonky lutz at nationals in the SP.... had a great LP...

she had a great SP at 4CC... and she didn't totally mess up the LP... she popped a jump, and hung on to a landing....

I am just saying because I don't see Gabby as a bad LP skater. She is IMHO stronger in the LP than in the SP usually. Time will tell...