2017 Worlds Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Free Dance

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Did you guys hear that the SD is going to be named the Rhythm Dance in the future?

Gonna make teams focus on good music.

Is that a message for the teams or a way to make it clearer to the audience the purpose of the short dance?

MIM

Medalist
I always like watching this Turkish team. Their last lift looked slightly heavy or labored. But they always move with gravity and show nice projection to the crowd. Great performance.

Last edited:

Lota

Record Breaker
Well... I can see that they're improving, but they're still kinda a snoozefest for me (sorry) :yawn: :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
I really like and respect these two and the slow but steady improvements they've made to their skating! :cheer: They should be very happy and proud!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
My Turkish team seems happy and so therefore I am happy also. Such a lovely mature pair these two are.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Damn I had to miss the Germans to take a shower and warm up. And the Turks. Gah! This isn't my day!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Despite the HUGE twizzle issue, I really do feel like this is a team who has made dramatic improvements very quickly, and they're quite pleasant to watch too! I wouldn't be surprised to see some upward movement in the ranks from them within the next few years.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
OK god, Shpilband just looked away in disappointment when Yura fell on those twizzles (shades of Charlie White during that OD)

Lota

Record Breaker
Geh, that fall! Such a shame, they had some really interesting elements, but the Tech Panel will probably be harsh :shame:

MIM

Medalist
what a fantastic performance up until her fall on twizzle. She looked lost after that fall.. Poor girl.

I am impressed the improvement they made this season. I did not even know this team last season. She has amazing layback spin( pearl spin??), great feel to the music. But better to have thicker skin. ;)