2017 Worlds Gala | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Gala

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
CBC is replay Yuzu's FS... Sooo good to relive it again!

One thing Hanyu do that set him apart is the touch of sensitivity, delicacy and finesse while doing these incredibly butch things. The type of 'quality' that elevate sport into the art form, because it is virtually unique, effortless and seamlessly done. It is also part of his unique character and style on the ice. The type of thing that made Yuna's repertoire of programs, full of massive glorious 3lz3t whiles embodying the music qualities which elevate 'ladies' figure skating into the 21st century, art and sport. More beyond the surface, not aesthetics for pretty's sake. Where jumps and elements are integral functional part of the overall impression, mood, emotions. Points are secondary. Just beautiful, cultured and superb.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*rubbing eyes* I did take my cold meds just now but I really don't think they've kicked in yet...maybe they have?

Greta

On the Ice
Wait. Is that a gala number with no point other than poking fun at fat people? Seriously not ok.

ralucutzagy

Final Flight
CBC is replay Yuzu's FS... Sooo good to relive it again!

One thing Hanyu do that set him apart is the touch of sensitivity, delicacy and finesse while doing these incredibly butch things. The type of 'quality' that elevate sport into the art form, because it is virtually unique, effortless and seamlessly done. It is also part of his unique character and style on the ice. The type of thing that made Yuna's repertoire of programs, full of massive glorious 3lz3t whiles embodying the music qualities which elevate 'ladies' figure skating into the 21st century, art and sport. More beyond the surface, not aesthetics for pretty's sake. Where jumps and elements are integral functional part of the overall impression, mood, emotions. Points are secondary. Just beautiful, cultured and superb.

Yuzu said in an interview last year, I think: The score is the score, and my performance is my performance!

Eclair

Medalist
wonderful eX by Savchenko/Masssot! Loved even this old warhorse to Romeo and Juliet!

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
So, Aliona will now get one week of honeymoon, and then meet up with Bruno again to work on the new FS with Christopher Dean.