ISU World Team Trophy 2017 | Page 12 | Golden Skate

ISU World Team Trophy 2017

asiacheetah

On the Ice
I'm so excited for this event!!
I've been watching figure skating for a while, but this will be my first time watching a competition live!
(Also I've just joined the forum, though I've been reading some threads here for a while. Hello!)

I'm going too! Today and tomorrow. This is also my first FS competition.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dang. I agree with one of the comments: Can we bottle your energy?

I simply couldn't stop with one viewing! If he's like this at age 22, can you imagine being his parent when he was 2? :rofl:

I can't believe he's 22 either.

asiacheetah

On the Ice
Canadian pair Segunin/Bilodo withdrawn. Not sure if posted before. Just saw sign posted in the venue

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Canadian pair Segunin/Bilodo withdrawn. Not sure if posted before. Just saw sign posted in the venue

Yeah, it was already announced a week or so ago. They were replaced by Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro.

You near gave me a heart-attack, because for a moment I thought that it was a new withdrawal. :drama:

But, it started me wondering. For a team competition like this, would the teams bring substitutes with them to slot in if somebody gets injured during practice?

Because, if they were left a skater short, it would effectively kill their chances of finishing anything higher than last in the overall Team results.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Just a reminder that there is another thread for WTT - day 1. I assume that's where the real-time play-by-play comments and snark will be going on. Heading over there......

sublimeskating

Crouching Dreamer, Hidden Badass
On the Ice
Also I just have to say this but the people who filmed WTT did a MUCH BETTER JOB than the guys who filmed Worlds 2017.

We have proper camera angles that shows the whole skater from head to toe doing their wonderful moves and no stupid long distance overhead shots at crucial moments.

The people who filmed this event have my thanks! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

itsakurinut

Rinkside
I'm excited, too. (I am going 2nd & 3rd day.)
Let's have fun:dance:

I'm going too! Today and tomorrow. This is also my first FS competition.

I'm only going on the third day for Pairs and Ladies FS, sadly! I wanted to go to all the events, but tickets sold out so fast on the first day of general sales! :eek:
But I'm still really excited. A lot of the ladies at this event are my favorite, and I'm a fan of Vanessa James/Morgan Cipres, too! I would have never thought of watching Pairs until they caught my attention.