ISU World Team Trophy 2017 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

ISU World Team Trophy 2017

asiacheetah

On the Ice
I bought the Men FS ticket months ago before the teams were ever announced purely with the hope of seeing Yuzu's Hope and Legacy program. Now that the teams were announced, I splurged and bought the very last ticket for the Men SP. My first FS competition and I'm so excited. Hopefully my ticket gets to me on time.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I bought the Men FS ticket months ago before the teams were ever announced purely with the hope of seeing Yuzu's Hope and Legacy program. Now that the teams were announced, I splurged and bought the very last ticket for the Men SP. My first FS competition and I'm so excited. Hopefully my ticket gets to me on time.

have fun... hopefully you can write some "Live" reports... seeing the skaters live is so much more special...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I've never cared about the event or any event after the Worlds, but feel sorry that the event will start about 10 days later.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
well, it's fun event, and in the past it was quite relaxed competition, but I think this time the men are going to take it very seriously like another small worlds :biggrin:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
well, it's fun event, and in the past it was quite relaxed competition, but I think this time the men are going to take it very seriously like another small worlds :biggrin:

I'm getting the bandages out! Bloodbath incoming.

Khoai

Match Penalty
I can't comprehend why they're forcing skaters into this meaningless competition. They want money I can understand. But they should better develop decent pairs and ice dance before that.
Japanese skaters feel the obligation but I feel kind of annoyed for skaters from other countries.

sallycinnamon

Medalist
This event is still not very much liked by some skaters, isn't it? It is understandable though...the season is long even without WTT, and the skaters still have to stay in form one month after Worlds, which is a long time. I don't know if the original purpose of WTT (to encourage countries to develop top figure skaters in every discipline) has been fulfilled in the past 8 seasons?

I also have the feeling this competition is about developing fs in (big) countries with strong federations. The podium is always USA, Canada, Japan or Russia in some order. It's not too fair for small federations, isn't it?

tulosai

Record Breaker
Maybe they should/could have a wildcard federation? A lower ranked one who certainly wouldn't medal but could benefit from participation and exposure? Or even a international federation composed of the best skaters from countries that don't have their own team?

sheetz

Record Breaker
The money is pretty good, though, even for the last place team. For many competitors it's more than they've ever earned for a week of skating.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The money is pretty good, though, even for the last place team. For many competitors it's more than they've ever earned for a week of skating.

Yes, the prize money is as follows. (see page 7)

1st placed team: US$ 200,000
2nd placed team: US$ 170,000
3rd placed team: US$ 160,000
4th placed team: US$ 150,000
5th placed team: US$ 140,000
6th placed team: US$ 130,000

berry8

Final Flight
Maybe they should/could have a wildcard federation? A lower ranked one who certainly wouldn't medal but could benefit from participation and exposure? Or even a international federation composed of the best skaters from countries that don't have their own team?

That would be a wonderful initiative!

moriel

Record Breaker
If we made an "international fed" with best skaters avaliable who are not in the 6 teams...
Lets see, we would have somethin like...

Ladies: Elizabet Tursynbaeva and Caro Kostner
Men: Javier and Denis Ten
Pairs: Aliona and Bruno
Dance: Anna and Luca

Which is actually quite a competitive team =D It probably wouldnt podium, but wouldnt come last either.

Antyv

On the Ice
Men: Javier and Denis Ten
Men: Javier Fernandez and Alexei Bychenko.
World Standing points are granted and calculated only for the current season and only for the events described as below in paragraph 2.e). (From WTT 2017 announcement, page 2).

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I am all about the idea of making 'International Team' for WTT!!!:cheer:

it would be a great opportunity to have some brilliant skaters from not so successful all-around feds to participate and let us enjoy their programs once more, some of them maybe was not competing in Japan for a long time and it is always a great experience to show up for that audience:)