Don't hire the people who filmed this event | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Don't hire the people who filmed this event

ssffww

On the Ice
I was really angry that they used that stupid skycap and ruined my enjoyment of their fabulous SP footwork sequence. They reduced them to the size of ants so we couldn't see even half of the expression!

I agree. I felt like I was there in the nosebleed section at times, but without all the excitement actually being there. šŸ˜

TMC

Record Breaker
Yep, I also griped about the banners too. That really was poorly handled. The least they could've done was be upfront about not having space. Even Boston had more space than Helsinki did for banners.

I was told that it was the ISU who decided how many banners were allowed, though I have no idea how and why they would limit them so severely?

kiches

Final Flight
I was told that it was the ISU who decided how many banners were allowed, though I have no idea how and why they would limit them so severely?

According to what they told me at the rink the ISU does have to approve the amount of space. The way they made it sound was that they had to apply to get more space approved. This sounds to me like they didn't apply for enough space in the first place. If that's the case, fine, there's not much around it, but they should just be upfront about some banners not being able to go up. Fans could've thought of another way to hold them if that were the case.

In the end both my friend and my banner never saw the light of day. They also said they had enough space and it would go up which is also a lie. I would've given it to another friend to hold if I had known otherwise. The sad thing is some people make these banners specifically for worlds (like I did). Like with the seats with a blocked view, sometimes they're not cheap or are time consuming to make. Made me feel like I wasted my time and my money.

Last edited: