Predictions for Russian JGP team 2017-18 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Predictions for Russian JGP team 2017-18

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I'm still hoping that Alisa F will move to seniors. For her will be easeir to compete with Leonova and Sakhanovich (especially they are in the same team) than with new wave of wunderkinds. And for other girls like Lozko, Mitrofanova, Gulyakova, Tarusina, Nugumanova will be another chance to show what they capable of in juniors. Because every spot is very important.

Panenkova and Gulyakova - my main concern with them is that they already look a lot older than their age - Gulyakova (height, body shape), Panenkova (body shape). We have to wait until end of July. Panenkova's PCS are also quite weak.

Because they had the earlier puberty. And it's very interesting situation. Dunya Panenkova, for example, with changing body she shows very-very good results. She is slow, but her consistent and jumps are very good. Gulyakova is not so stable, but anyway. It means that these girls in 16-18 will be on their peak without any puberty problems. If Dunya will increase the speed, will continue to progress and will save her stability, then she will be OGM 2022 contender, no doubt.

My predictions are:

Nastya Gubanova - 2 spots
Nastya Tarakanova - 2 spots
Anna Scherbakova - 2 spots
Alexandra Trusova - 2 spots
Dunya Panenkova - 2 spots

So, there are only two places left (with 4 spots) for:

Viktoria Vasilieva, Katya Kurakova, Sonya Samodurova, Liza Nugumanova, Nastya Gulyakova, Anna Tarusina, Alisa Lozko. If we'll add Alisa Fedichkina... It will be too many girls in juniors.

Also, two Nastyas (Gubanova and Tarakanova) have problems with their lutz. It's very sad, because they both have sensational skating skills. But it means they can be replaced in case of bad skate. :(

PiggytailProdigy

On the Ice
i'm gonna be really sad if they replace any of my nastyas. I still think that it's a very wrong decision not letting angel go to junior worlds i hope they're not making any wrong decisions again.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
i'm gonna be really sad if they replace any of my nastyas. I still think that it's a very wrong decision not letting angel go to junior worlds i hope they're not making any wrong decisions again.

Agree. But rules is rules. If you can't show your best at important tournament - you're out. And it was a cold shower for Nastya and especially for her coach. If in the next season Angelina won't fix Nastya's lutz - I don't even know. :( Same with Nastya Tarakanova. She is also struggling with 3Lz and often fell on it. They have May and almost all summer to fix all their issues. Also it's time for Eteri's girls will learn stable quads/axels.

Gosh, the next season will be incredible!

The Finn

Record Breaker
Artem Frolov is already jumping triple Axel and quadruple Tulup, Salchov is on the way

That is what Daniil said about him. If he could have 4S by the time his JGP season starts he could very well be a real contender for the JGPF next season.

The Finn

Record Breaker
There are quite a few Russian skaters who could very well have their breakthrough season next season. I am predicting, or expecting really, that most of these skaters will have their breakthrough season.

Anna & Sasha. Obviously one of these two might very well win everything next season.
Panenkova or Tarakanova. They might not be favourites to win a medals at the JGPF but they both are fully capable to do so.

Erokhov. With or without 4Lz I fully expect that he will have his breakthrough season.
Other men. Frolov, Efimchuk, Ignatov and others. They have a quad which means that some of them should make it to the JGPF.

Pairs. There are quite a few new pairs who should have their breakthrough season. I really hope that Kvartalova/Sviatchenko, Zhuk/Britkov, Kudryavtseva/Simenenko and Mishina/Gallyamov will all do great next season. They all are fully capable to be great but sadly there is a possibility that one of these pairs will not even get any JGP assignment.

Polishchuk/Vakhnov. I fully expect that they will have their breakthrough season.
Konkina/Yakushev or Khudaberdieva/Nazarov. I wouldn't be surprised if one of these two teams would make it to the JGPF.

PiggytailProdigy

On the Ice
There are quite a few Russian skaters who could very well have their breakthrough season next season. I am predicting, or expecting really, that most of these skaters will have their breakthrough season.

Anna & Sasha. Obviously one of these two might very well win everything next season.
Panenkova or Tarakanova. They might not be favourites to win a medals at the JGPF but they both are fully capable to do so.

Erokhov. With or without 4Lz I fully expect that he will have his breakthrough season.
Other men. Frolov, Efimchuk, Ignatov and others. They have a quad which means that some of them should make it to the JGPF.

Pairs. There are quite a few new pairs who should have their breakthrough season. I really hope that Kvartalova/Sviatchenko, Zhuk/Britkov, Kudryavtseva/Simenenko and Mishina/Gallyamov will all do great next season. They all are fully capable to be great but sadly there is a possibility that one of these pairs will not even get any JGP assignment.

Polishchuk/Vakhnov. I fully expect that they will have their breakthrough season.
Konkina/Yakushev or Khudaberdieva/Nazarov. I wouldn't be surprised if one of these two teams would make it to the JGPF.

don't forget Angel Gubanova:love:

The Finn

Record Breaker
don't forget Angel Gubanova:love:

I haven't, the stuff was about skaters who haven't had their breakthrough season yet. Despite the fact that Nastia couldn't go to the Junior Worlds this season was her breakthrough season because she medaled at the JGPF and she broke the FS junior WR twice.

PiggytailProdigy

On the Ice
I haven't, the stuff was about skaters who haven't had their breakthrough season yet. Despite the fact that Nastia couldn't go to the Junior Worlds this season was her breakthrough season because she medaled at the JGPF and she broke the FS junior WR twice.

oh right. i missed that part sorry

The Finn

Record Breaker
So, Elena Pavlova has switched to pair skating and her partner is Daniil Parkman. They will be a very interesting pair to watch in the future. Too bad that it would seem unlikely that they would make it to the JGP team of Russia next season. They will have 3 JGP eligible seasons left, so, they have time. Anyway, jump-wise they should be pretty amazing. He is also a tall dude, which is always a good thing in pair skating. Looking forward to see how they will progress next season. I recall that Nina thinks pretty highly of Parkman and Lena was a pretty notable junior single skater, so, the future prospects could be pretty good. They are coached by Mozer.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Mozer has said that likely one of her four junior pairs will skate at the test skate event. Even though Pavlova/Parkman is a very new team I would think they could very well be that pair. Even if they do skate at the test skate event I doubt they would make the JGP team of Russia but as we have seen in the past some new pairs can do very well despite the fact one of them might be new to pair skating and they have trained together only about four or five months.

hanca

Record Breaker
It could also be Foka/Domnin, if they are still together. Last year Foka/Domnin got JGP and then had to withdraw, and then no one saw them for the rest of the season, so it is possible that there was some injury.

I don't think it is likely that Pavlova/Parkman would be ready so quickly, if she changed to pairs just now. August is in three months, and she is new to pairs, I would think they will need more time.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Stasya didn't get any GP events. It might be because she wasn't chosen or because it is been decided that she will remain in juniors. She would be the number one candidate for the 3rd Rostelecom spot, so, hopefully she does move to seniors. If she doesn't then it would be troublesome news for some of the other junior ladies like Gulyakova.