4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Duhamel Radford

SP NEW + Julie Marcotte and new choreographer

LP MUSE from 2014-15 revamped

Source : Facebook
We are incredibly sad to announce that our season has now come to an end. We will not be competing in Japan at the World Team Trophy this month. We are very sad as this is one of our favourite competitions and we were really looking forward to joining Canadas best skaters at this event.
Right now, it's most important for Eric to regain his health after an injury was sustained during our practice days in Finland at the World Championships. We decided to continue and compete there, but now it's time for him to rest and recover so he can be in top shape for the upcoming Olympic season.
We have exciting projects already lined up for the next season! We are excited to have a new choreographer join our team, along with Julie, to create a new short program.
And even bigger news is that we will be revamping and refreshing our "Muse" long program from 2014/2015 to use for next season. We are a different team that we were two years ago and we know we can take what was great about this program and allow it to grow even more.
Once again, thank you all for your support during the good, and not so good times. This season has been tough, filled with more downs that we thought was possible. But like always, we will learn from these experiences and allow them to help us grow as people and skaters.
We will be back. Stronger than ever before

LRK

Record Breaker
Duhamel Radford

SP NEW + Julie Marcotte and new choreographer

LP MUSE from 2014-15 revamped

Source : Facebook

I actually really enjoyed both their programs this year, so I'll be sad not to see them get another whirl in a less pressure-filled, more fun, situation - but Eric's health is paramount, of course. I hope he heals and gets well soon.

yqs100

On the Ice
This is a surprise. I thought they were keeping their Umbrellas of Cherbourg LP from this season.

Yes it was the plan just to replace the SP. Lori convinced them to change the LP.

Haven't seen any pair presenting butterfly lovers well.. of course the most memorable one is from Lu Chen in 1998 olympics.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
D/R reusing their Muse LP is so lazy. Do they want to contend for an OGM or not?

that's exactly why they are reusing it... because it's by far their best vehicle. lots of skaters use one older programs...especially for the Olympics. They have to peak earlier and it makes total sense.

olayolay

On the Ice
that's exactly why they are reusing it... because it's by far their best vehicle. lots of skaters use one older programs...especially for the Olympics. They have to peak earlier and it makes total sense.

They usually don't use long programs they've already won a world title with.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
actually, I am quite keen on Meagan/Eric revamping Muse for Olympic season, it was by far their best FS program, energetic, greatly displaying their athleticism and powerfulness. But the most important is to get Eric healthy in full to give themselves the best chance next season, because I am sure they'll want introduce new, more difficult elements.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
This is a surprise. I thought they were keeping their Umbrellas of Cherbourg LP from this season.

I wasn't surprised. They competed the whole season unlike Sui/Han, so the FS program has had enough exposures to fs fans. I think the new FS music will be a great choice for them as they are a handsome pair by appearances and are fully capable of delivering nuances of the Chinese music. Though, the music is closely related to Lu Chen, so comparisons would be inevitable.

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
We're getting so much info already and the season hasn't even officially ended yet. :popcorn:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
They usually don't use long programs they've already won a world title with.

salé and pelletier reused love story ... for the olympics... and that's just one example...

ETA i had forgotten about the wagner... my bad

the point is the same though... it's common

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Coomes/Buckland have announced they plan for their FD to be "Battle Remembered" by Yo-Yo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemble.

Source: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017/04/07/222838630

They're planning a visit to Christopher Dean, who is going to choreograph their new rumba short dance at the beginning of May.......The team plans to keep its free dance from last season, which they never performed and which they choreographed themselves, to "Battle Remembered" by Yo-Yo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemble. They have ideas for their short dance music but haven't settled on anything yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXPVwEL9Ng4

What an intriguing music choice they have made for FD. The fact that they made the program by themselves is also doubling my curiosity. I can't wait to see the program disclosed!:hap10:

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
salé and pelletier reused love story for which they had won a world title with... for the olympics... and that's just one example...

Though there are certainly examples, many don't seem to do that unless they replace their intended Olympic program mid season due to lack of enthusiastic responses. However, I do think planning to use an old program was more common before, like the gold medal winning programs of Victor Petrenko, Oksana Baiul, Mishketenok/Dmitriev, etc.

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Scimeca-Kneirim/Kneirim: LP to "Chaplin" choreo by Christopher Dean

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh noooooo. I love my spunky gal Alexa, I like Christopher Dean, but Chaplin????

I hate hate hate Chaplin programs. :palmf: put a gun to my head now.....:dbana:

LRK

Record Breaker
Is it a "Chaplin program", though - or a program to the soundtrack of the movie Chaplin? (I haven't seen the film, so maybe it's the same difference.;))