2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
In this thread on the first page, but I think they have not been updated.

Apologies for the lack of updates! I'll be working on updating the original posts with these additions. Stay tuned everyone.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Apologies for the lack of updates! I'll be working on updating the original posts with these additions. Stay tuned everyone.

good luck... there are 50 pages to go through... make sure you have a nice glass of wine! and thank you!

LRK

Record Breaker
I think some of the top skaters can do Yagudin's Morosov toe-pick footwork (probably not with the same flavor of Yagudin) from Winter, but they won't because it will get like a level 1-2 now. That to me sort of shows a failing of IJS.

Indeed, the step sequence requirements are so limited. The toe pick footwork is hard in it's own way, you need a lot of stamina and just overall energy to be able to keep up with the music and pull off that kind of quick, light footwork, it could be just as difficult as an IJS step sequence but worth so much less. I think Yagudin would probably hit a basic level for that step sequence though, I don't think he does enough "difficult turns" on both feet. Some toe picking could be done as an in-between transitional sort of thing during the step sequence.

That's sad. I suppose they could do something like that as part of the choreographic stepsequence? But since no one does, I suppose that in itself says something. The skater would have to be dynamic and have flair, as well as being able to time it to the music.

MasterB

Final Flight
I have been waiting a long time to see a girl skate to Gladiator. I hope Gabby is skating to the Battle piece (same as Yagudin). I always hoped Kwan used it as a short program, she had that intensity or Wagner.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

I have a summary of Canadian skater info in the Canadian skater thread (not sure that's helpful to you, but thought I'd mention it).

I have been waiting a long time to see a girl skate to Gladiator. I hope Gabby is skating to the Battle piece (same as Yagudin). I always hoped Kwan used it as a short program, she had that intensity or Wagner.

I think it'll suit Gabby really well and highlight her speed and big jumps.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Okay, original posts (#1-#4) are updated based on information found on this thread. However, I looked at 50 + pages and there's a possibility I missed something, so I'm going to do another check; I may double check against some other sources.

I have a summary of Canadian skater info in the Canadian skater thread (not sure that's helpful to you, but thought I'd mention it).

Thanks it did help!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Okay, original posts (#1-#4) are updated based on information found on this thread. However, I looked at 50 + pages and there's a possibility I missed something, so I'm going to do another check; I may double check against some other sources.

Thanks it did help!
wow... impressive... you are amazing... (how much lacroix or wine or microbrewery beer did it take?)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
wow... impressive... you are amazing... (how much lacroix or wine or microbrewery beer did it take?)

Just one generic version of La Croix. I sort of just got in a groove. I know I have missed stuff, so going to do another run through tonight I think.

sarama

Medalist
Oh no :disapp: It's bad enough to recycle, but recycling POTO is an unforgivable sin.
I agree, but MAYBE not being the season of POTO, will make it less annoying....
*Desperately trying to make next season's program ideas more appealing*

Lota

Record Breaker
Meh, I don't feel like there's any particular need to make program ideas sound appealing. While warhorses are always a popular choice (almost wrote 'horse' there, jeez :palmf:), their popularity always increases during the Olympic season, so nothing new here. I for one am still excited. It's always interesting to see what new ideas skaters can bring to an old and well-known piece so, unless it's a piece that you absolutely hate, I don't think there is any need to be so negative before even seeing the programs. Obviously, not every program is going to bring innovation to a war-horse, in fact, quite many skaters do not have the most exciting choreography and end up with lifeless programs, but... trust your favourites, maybe they'll surprise you. And if not, you can complain after seeing them perform :laugh:

Either way, the vast majority of skaters have not even announced their program choices yet, so hold your horses (get it? war-horses? :laugh2: sorry, I'm tired :slink: :hopelessness: )

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

:bow:, thank you a lot Mrs. P for great work on updating first posts with skaters' programs!:ghug:. It's a sign that the season is getting more and more real, at least for me (yet still not so many info on Ice Dance...)

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Vincent Zhou
SP: Chasing Cars cover by Cinematic Pop, choreo by Jeff Buttle.

Source