April 20. 12:00 - 2:00 PM EDT (UTC -4)
April 21. 12:00 - 2:30 PM EDT (UTC -4)
April 22. 2:30 - 4:30 PM EDT (UTC -4)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just bumping this thread up to let you know that, since it is now the day before the competition starts, I have finally been able to check the Eurosport Player listings.

It's not good news.

On the continent, Eurosport 1 is showing snooker, while Eurosport 2 is showing cycling.

In the UK and Ireland, British Eurosport 1 and 2 are both showing snooker.

So, no figure skating on the TV this competition. :disapp:

And no ISU channel on the Eurosport Player either. :bang:

HOWEVER, xeyra let us know in the General Chat thread yesterday that the World Team Trophy WILL be streamed LIVE on the ISU channel on the Eurovision Sports website!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

There will be an official stream.

ISU Figure Skating‏
@ISU_Figure

#WTTFigure

Live stream for the ISU World Team Trophy will be available from Thursday to Sunday from Tokyo 🇯🇵

http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/

Thank you so much for the heads up! :bow: :clap: :points:

Here is the direct link to the streaming page itself:

http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/single-pair-skating-ice-dance/live.html?id=7

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Did Eurosport ever show events like WTT? I'm not surprised and I'm happy about a non-comment stream in good quality from the ISU Channel.

sallycinnamon

Medalist
I just hope the ISU link will work properly, but I'm a bit afraid that the site will crash soon before Yuzuru will step on the ice, even if it's blocked in Japan.

Eurosport and snooker + cycling (the two most boring sports to watch, sorry) :disapp: I will unsubscribe this month and subscribe again from October.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I was totally counting on eurovision for this. :yahoo: Too bad about the huge timezone difference, but at least the streams will be properly archived for better viewing-times!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know if our "friends" at Fuji TV have any stake in this event and will potentially block videos on YT?

lady_bee

Medalist
Does anyone know if our "friends" at Fuji TV have any stake in this event and will potentially block videos on YT?

It's not Fuji TV, but TV Asahi, which is broadcasting WTT. I don't think they block videos on YT, maybe.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank goodness for NBC Sports! I can't hack getting up to watch skating from 2am-7am three days in a row.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
The ISU stream is extremely laggy....not sure if I'll continue to watch live or watch it later.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
cbc and isu stream are both equally crappy for me :no: I spend more time refreshing the page than actually watching the stream. Not fun.

sublimeskating

Crouching Dreamer, Hidden Badass
On the Ice
I watched Eurosport stream and it was OK.

I got lag whenever there was fast motion but overall it was way better than the streams I watched for Worlds.

Also the team who filmed this WTT are so much better than the ones who filmed Worlds! The camera actually follows the skaters properly and we can see them head to toe when performing their awesome moves! No stupid long distance overhead shots at crucial moments! WTT camera team, you have my thanks!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

sublimeskating

On the Ice
It's not Fuji TV, but TV Asahi, which is broadcasting WTT. I don't think they block videos on YT, maybe.

Anyone who doesn't block Youtube videos already has goodwill from me!

I managed to watch some performances I missed on Youtube, so TV Asahi hasn't blocked anything yet...

(Bloody Fuji TV :mad: :ddevil: :dev2: kept blocking Worlds performances less than an hour after the vids were uploaded! Not only on Youtube but on other video streaming sites too!)

sublimeskating

On the Ice

I sure as hell hope not because it drove me nuts last time with Worlds when all the vids kept disappearing before I could watch them!!!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I sure as hell hope not because it drove me nuts last time with Worlds when all the vids kept disappearing before I could watch them!!!

They were all there this morning when I watched a few. Let's hope they stay up so I can watch the rest later!

rane

Rinkside
Does anyone happen to know where I could find the skating order? I love to watch the videos on YouTube, but I don't want to spoil the results by watching the wrong person first. And I'd be happy to link up the videos in order too :) Thanks!

SkaterX

On the Ice
^ Could someone do us a huge favor and list the starting order for the SP so we can watch the videos in order with no spoilers?