Zahra Lari | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Zahra Lari

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If I'm remembering correctly, even though she didn't make the free skate the Universiade is the highest Zahra's placed in an ISU competition. And she keeps making strides toward getting that 2A and 3S consistent in competition - one day they'll both be there for her when they're needed.

Alaurynm

Rinkside
I hope she can land a triple in competition soon. It would really help her get better scores and placements.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
If I'm remembering correctly, even though she didn't make the free skate the Universiade is the highest Zahra's placed in an ISU competition. And she keeps making strides toward getting that 2A and 3S consistent in competition - one day they'll both be there for her when they're needed.

Yeah, she is getting better, even in her skating skills. I hope she can get some quality training, she is a very charming skater.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hope she can land a triple in competition soon. It would really help her get better scores and placements.

I think she's landed her 3S in competition once, though it may have been called under. If she can get a 3-2 combination going too it will be a huge help.

Considering that she only started skating in her mid-teens she's doing amazingly well at building her skills, though. Many people would have told her not to bother even trying.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Zahra just posted to Instagram that the reason she hasn't competed yet this season is a bad back injury - a fractured vertebra. :eeking: She's just starting to practice her triple jumps again. She's skated in a couple of shows recently but the clips she posted didn't include any double jumps so I think she kept them out for safety's sake, but it's great to see that she's gone from being abused on social media for being 'immodest' to being celebrated for her achievements. And now there are more UAE girls following in her footsteps and competing internationally! There were two on the JGP, and Zahra's protege Thea Aboudiwan did very well at, I think, Golden Bear?

She's had quite an impact, has Zahra.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Judging by this instagram post and the ring emoji on her profile, it looks like Zahra is engaged! Congrats to her and her chap, and I hope he realises how lucky he is to have her. :)