2017 World Team Trophy - Day 1 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 World Team Trophy - Day 1

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Out come the mini Zambonis!

At the moment, Russia and China are in the lead for team spirit for me. What do you guys think?

Team Japan! All feeling united in extreme pressure and seriousness. ;) I mean, if the TV and National media wanted Team Japan to be happy go lucky, they shouldn't hype the event as either 1. Shoma VS Yuzu extreme rivalry and 2. Will Japan claim a Gold Medal? (hehe, they won't) That's the kind of pressure that'll make them super intent on doing their best, but not super intent on goofing off for the crowd. Even for a supposedly lighthearted event like this, the National pressure is quite high.

Barb

Record Breaker
OMG!! they guys behind the judges are trying compensate for the Japan team :laugh2:

asiacheetah

On the Ice
Rink side report: ID on the ice. They are so fast! It takes like 4 strokes to cross the length of the ice.

TMC

Record Breaker
Rink side report: ID on the ice. They are so fast! It takes like 4 strokes to cross the length of the ice.

That's the one thing I remember best from when I first saw FS in person. The ice dancers came out first and just flew; I had never seen anybody move that fast on ice.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I must look a bit odd, sitting in the train with an ipad for GS and the iphone for the stream. Still, there are worse ways to spend an hour in the train!

Barb

Record Breaker
The french team was pretty decent, but Japanese crowd is not impressed, hahaha.