World Team Trophy
April 19 to 23 at Yoyogi National Stadium in Tokyo, Japan

Official Japanese web pages:
On the ISU website:
On GoldenSkate:
Other:

Day 3: Pairs FS, Ladies FS; Victory Ceremony

Pairs FS
15:15 - 16:20, Saturday, April 22, 2017 (Local Time, UTC +9)
Start/End times in other places

Starting order is reverse order of SP results
Time schedule (pdf, local time)​

Ladies FS
16:50 - 18:39, Saturday, April 22, 2017 (Local Time, UTC +9)
Start/End times in other places

Starting order is reverse order of SP results
Time schedule (pdf, local time)​

Victory Ceremony
19:10, Saturday, April 22, 2017 (Local Time, UTC +9)
Start time in other places

Time zone difference from Tokyo

ETA: Pairs FS chat starts HERE; Ladies FS chat starts HERE.
ETA 2: And Victory Ceremony chat, mixed with thoughts on the Ladies and the competition, starts HERE.

Official ISU stream
(blocked in USA, Japan, and South Korea, as well as other regions that have purchased broadcasting rights to the competition): http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/

Last edited:

sublimeskating

Crouching Dreamer, Hidden Badass
On the Ice
not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but what day and time is the gala?

cleo2070

Final Flight
not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but what day and time is the gala?

Hi, the mysterious galas that were not listed used to annoy me too! (So I should apologize, I started the thread but didn't think to post the entire schedule somewhere... Sorry!)

Anyway, here's the solution I figured out:
1) find the ISU webpage for the competition - here;
2) open the color-coded schedule - here;
3) find the space marked EXH (not the color-blocked one, that's practice, but the one with only two lines of purple): Sunday, 23 April, 14:00-17:00
... and finally, but very importantly - convert the time to your location: start / end times in other places

It seems the Gala will be shown live on the ISU official stream and on CBC (source).

At some point, I'm sure we'll have a thread for the Gala too :)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Finally a day that I can watch something live! Hope stream for Pairs will work for me...

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well it turns out I can watch this after all! I thought I had a party to go to but it's on next week, LOL fail.

I'm looking forward to pairs - I hope Evgenia and Vlad can get back on top! And that Radio has a good free program!

Meanwhile SBS here in Australia is showing highlights from the Ladies program at the World Championships so I'm gonna enjoy that!

auser

Record Breaker
Hi, the mysterious galas that were not listed used to annoy me too! (So I should apologize, I started the thread but didn't think to post the entire schedule somewhere... Sorry!)

3) find the space marked EXH (not the color-blocked one, that's practice, but the one with only two lines of purple): Sunday, 23 April, 14:00-17:00
... and finally, but very importantly - convert the time to your location: start / end times in other places

It seems the Gala will be shown live on the ISU official stream and on CBC (source).

Bravo(or Brava) cleo2070 for your excellent WTT thread starters and this tip that you shared :thank::bow:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Finally a day that I can watch something live! Hope stream for Pairs will work for me...

hehe we haven't argued about pairs for a while ;) that will be fun to have you with us...

i am trying to chill... long week... so i may be quiet ;)

sublimeskating

Crouching Dreamer, Hidden Badass
On the Ice

THANK YOU very much!!! :love: :love: :love:

You are too kind! 💖💖💖

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
aww you are sweet :) i'll make a drink to loosen up my verbiage :)

30 minute warning!!! pairs!!!!

Excellent! Thanks for the warning. I am ready. VPN is set to CANADA :hap85:
Glad that the Pairs and Ladies are a bit earlier in the night than the Men were last night! I didn't wake up from my nap after the Pairs SP. Well, I did, but then immediately fell asleep again. :dance2:

lady_bee

Medalist
hi, I'm at the venue, already. I was hoping to watch men's Exbition practice, because I could watch ladies's practice yesterday. However, there ware only Shoma and Yuzuru on ice. Although I watched Yuzuru did his swan ex and steps from Prince with music, I am little disappointed. And how I can be so stupid, I left my binocular at hotel room so I couldn't watch Shoma copying Yuzuru's spin at the end of Prince.

What I am most looking for today, redemption from T/M, ( she was so labored yesterday) , Gabby's big 3t-3t, clean skate from my future daughters in law, Mai and Wakaba (I have two boys of their age), and great kiss & cry reactions.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
hi, I'm at the venue, already. I was hoping to watch men's Exbition practice, because I could watch ladies's practice yesterday. However, there ware only Shoma and Yuzuru on ice. Although I watched Yuzuru did his swan ex and steps from Prince with music, I am little disappointed. And how I can be so stupid, I left my binocular at hotel room so I couldn't watch Shoma copying Yuzuru's spin at the end of Prince.

What I am most looking for today, redemption from T/M, ( she was so labored yesterday) , Gabby's big 3t-3t, clean skate from my future daughters in law, Mai and Wakaba (I have two boys of their age), and great kiss & cry reactions.

Are you disappointed that there was only Shoma and Yuzu? --No one else was there? Or did Yuzu do his steps badly? :scratch2:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker

Enjoy! Please cheer on Laurine Lecavelier for me! <3

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Twitter reports say that Yuzu was trying both 4F and 4Lz many times and succeeded in landing the 4Lz. --Warning shots fired for next season. I think he's going to try to get the LZ ready in the off-season so he can put it in the Free skate? :drama:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Twitter reports say that Yuzu was trying both 4F and 4Lz many times and succeeded in landing the 4Lz. --Warning shots fired for next season. I think he's going to try to get the LZ ready in the off-season so he can put it in the Free skate? :drama:

why? to gain llke 2-3 points??? I cannot imagine yuzuru not repeating his 3A.... so with already 4 quads, whatever ones he repeats, something must go.... either he will stop doing one quad altogether, or not repeat any of his quads, or he will have to ditch the 3a....

if he goes 5 quads, well,he will lose in pcs... already we see this tendency finally clicking in with the judges. there was more of a program with seimei and 3 quads, and higher scores for yuzu last year, than this year with 4 quads. just saying ... YMMV...