2017-2018 Team China update | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Team China update

yqs100

On the Ice
A few weeks heading to the olympics, team china is the final stage of polishing their programs, Lori again flew to Beijing to company the team, help them get well prepared.

- Boyang Jin is fully recovered from injuries
- Sui/ Han are polishing their programs and also preparing their "secret" weapon.

The team will attend 4cc in Taipei city as an important warm up for the olympics.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
A few weeks heading to the olympics, team china is the final stage of polishing their programs, Lori again flew to Beijing to company the team, help them get well prepared.

- Boyang Jin is fully recovered from injuries
- Sui/ Han are polishing their programs and also preparing their "secret" weapon.

The team will attend 4cc in Taipei city as an important warm up for the olympics.

Sounds good. I look forward to seeing Boyang finally in a good health who unfortunately struggled through the half of this season with his injured ankles. Since he introduced his huge 4Lz-3T to the squad, several men capable of 4Lz have emerged. I guess clips of his textboox technique on the jumps would be watched over and over by other skaters and youngsters aspiring to do that difficult jump. I don't think none comes close to it yet in terms of quality. As Boyang tends to peak the later of seasons, it would be very interesting to watch the 4CC competing against Shoma.

As for Sui/Han, I wonder what would that be the secret. I just can't wait to see it at 4CC.

Is there any news about Zijun? I know she is injured, so she wasn't even considered to represent China in the Olympics, but at least I wish see her at 4CC though.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Oh the gamesmanship. Superweapon - A throw quad perhaps I hope this is not another Zhang and Zhang situation where they try it and fall badly. Sui and Han just need to skate clean and the judges will give them gold.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Oh the gamesmanship. Superweapon - A throw quad perhaps I hope this is not another Zhang and Zhang situation where they try it and fall badly. Sui and Han just need to skate clean and the judges will give them gold.

That was before the GPF. Perhaps it's not enough now. S/M had a decisive victory in PCS in the FS, and TES wise both pairs are evenly matched even if they skate absolutely clean, so it's probably a good idea to keep the quad in the arsenal and see how 4CC goes before making a decision. Especially that PCS...

yqs100

On the Ice
Update:
1. The China Figure Skating Association (CFSA) was established last week in Beijing, which separated from the China Skating Federation. Xue Shen is the president, Yimou Zhang is the honorary president.

2. The Chinese Pairs withdrew the 4CC this week due to minor injuries.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Update:
1. The China Figure Skating Association (CFSA) was established last week in Beijing, which separated from the China Skating Federation. Xue Shen is the president, Yimou Zhang is the honorary president.
Is this a sign of some new investment coming to Chinese Figure Skating, targeting 2022 Olympics in Beijing...?

Perhaps along the lines of the Russian investment, that targetted 2014 Sochi Olympics, and ultimately led to the current dominance of Russian ladies in both seniors and juniors...?!

berry8

Final Flight
Is this a sign of some new investment coming to Chinese Figure Skating, targeting 2022 Olympics in Beijing...?

Perhaps along the lines of the Russian investment, that targetted 2014 Sochi Olympics, and ultimately led to the current dominance of Russian ladies in both seniors and juniors...?!
It is probable new investment is coming.
Chinese FS has room for growth and OG are an occasion to make this growth happen!

yqs100

On the Ice
It is probable new investment is coming.
Chinese FS has room for growth and OG are an occasion to make this growth happen!

Definitely. It will give them more authorities to develop customized plan for figure skating. And of course, more resources coming to build up not only the senior team but also the junior team.