2017-2018 Team China update | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Team China update

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Very promising indeed. Since she's 10 years old, that means she's not age eligible for the Beijing Olympics, right? I'm asking because I found that she was featured in a documentary for the 2022 Games bid: https://youtu.be/apqgg9qbEPE

She's born at the very end of 2006 so she's actually eligible. But she's still young, just let little skaters go at their own pace.

Skye

On the Ice
She's born at the very end of 2006 so she's actually eligible. But she's still young, just let little skaters go at their own pace.

But if she was born end of 2006, she would not be eligible? :confused: Unless rules change, the cut-off DOB for Beijing is June 30, 2006. I do agree that it could be a blessing in disguise to let her advance at her own pace.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah the cutoff is June 30, 2006 for Beijing. You have to be 15 before July 1st.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
But if she was born end of 2006, she would not be eligible? :confused: Unless rules change, the cut-off DOB for Beijing is June 30, 2006. I do agree that it could be a blessing in disguise to let her advance at her own pace.

Oh whoops, my bad, I'm in the wrong mode this morning but yea she's not eligible I guess. But I'd rather her move at her own pace yeah. She got some hype because she skated at the 2015 CoC gala and her mother posts a lot of her videos online. She trains at the same rink Wang Xuehan came from before she was recruited into the National team. But she's 10 so I'd rather not hype her.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I'd rather think this 10yr girl is an indication that China is developing more world class single lady skaters. Talking about 2022 is a bit of a stretch. She needs to get all of her triples first.

yqs100

On the Ice
yan Han's new coach is hongbo zhao.

Lori was in Beijing to help team china polish their programs, and cheorogrpahed yan's new programs...

Sp will be jazz

Jiarry

Rinkside
I'd rather think this 10yr girl is an indication that China is developing more world class single lady skaters. Talking about 2022 is a bit of a stretch. She needs to get all of her triples first.
she landed 3lutz recently in practice

yqs100

On the Ice
Training equipment has been improved for team china.

They are using VR to simulate "real competition" , which helps athletes better deal with pressure and adapt to competition atmosphere

Barb

Record Breaker
Training equipment has been improved for team china.

They are using VR to simulate "real competition" , which helps athletes better deal with pressure and adapt to competition atmosphere

what is VR?

yqs100

On the Ice
Yan Han
SP: A thousand years by Boyce Avenue
LP: I will take care of you. Revamp from last years' SP

Both programs by Lori. She cheorographed during her visit in Beijing in Aug.

The national competition will be held in Harbin this weekend. It's the first competition of the olympics season. The key atheletes will attend

Including: S/H, Y/Z, P/J, Jin, Yan

yqs100

On the Ice
Team China revealed their short programs yesterday.

S/H - Hallelujah by K.D. Lang. Different approach from previous programs. Very smooth skating skills + lots innovative moves. Technics are solid like rock except the lift level is a bit concerned. 80+ 1st place

Y/Z - Swan Lake. Beautiful! Much more transitions than previous program. Technics are very solid. Expression has improved

P/J - Tango. Very interesting choreograph. Peng has grown up! Now is more mature. All technics are well done but some of the levels can be further improved.

Jin - Hidden Tiger. The program is consist of two parts. 1st is the emotional part. Slow. 2nd is drums. Fast. His skating skill and posture have improved a loooooot! Surely will get higher score if technics go through well.

Yan - A thousand Years. Beautiful and very suitable for him. Just recovered from injury but improving in a good direction.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Gah, they just had to use k.d. lang's version, my least favorite. Great program though, so I forgive them. :p
Very impressed with xiangning in the sp. Hope she can keep rotating and landing those jumps.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
No lady was present at the competition?
Team China revealed their short programs yesterday.

S/H - Hallelujah by K.D. Lang. Different approach from previous programs. Very smooth skating skills + lots innovative moves. Technics are solid like rock except the lift level is a bit concerned. 80+ 1st place

Y/Z - Swan Lake. Beautiful! Much more transitions than previous program. Technics are very solid. Expression has improved

P/J - Tango. Very interesting choreograph. Peng has grown up! Now is more mature. All technics are well done but some of the levels can be further improved.

Jin - Hidden Tiger. The program is consist of two parts. 1st is the emotional part. Slow. 2nd is drums. Fast. His skating skill and posture have improved a loooooot! Surely will get higher score if technics go through well.

Yan - A thousand Years. Beautiful and very suitable for him. Just recovered from injury but improving in a good direction.