2017 World Team Trophy - Exhibition Gala | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2017 World Team Trophy - Exhibition Gala

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Sounds like a suggestion made in jest and taken too literally by someone. They haven't decided on the programs yet.

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, let's hope this is not a self-fulfilling prophecy - Averbukh gets wind of the rumour and thinks it is a great idea. And now he can add voiceovers too.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Just dropping by. It was the Russian team skating to that song from La La Land, right? Well, I loved the song so much that I went to check out the movie, and of course I loved it!... and not just because I happen to be an (amateur) pianist and jazz fan. ;-)
So I guess thanks to that team I am now well prepared for a lot of new skating programs next season with that music!

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
IMO the fact that something is "highly effective" doesn't mean it's good. Trump may have effectively accomplished his goal of becoming president, but again IMO opinion, he's not a good president. And by the way, unless you have facts to prove it - that is, statements from many judges - it is very much disputable that Averbukh has created a program that stands out in judges' minds. It may well be that it's Evgenia herself who is memorable, not her choreography.

What in the world does Trump's performance as a president have to do with the tactics he used to become president? That's like arguing about all the horrible things that may happen to skating as a result of Medvedeva's dominance: it is not germane to the discussion about the things that make her dominance possible.

And if you actually think that Medvedeva is destroying records with horrible choreography, then all you've shown is how worthless and pointless you believe choreography to be.

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
What in the world does Trump's performance as a president have to do with the tactics he used to become president? That's like arguing about all the horrible things that may happen to skating as a result of Nedvedeva's dominance: it is not germane to the discussion about the things that make her dominance possible.

And if you actually think that Medvedeva is destroying records with horrible choreography, then all you've shown is how worthless and pointless you believe choreography to be.

Sorry you don't understand what I'm saying, but I'm not going to bother responding further.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Well, let's hope this is not a self-fulfilling prophecy - Averbukh gets wind of the rumour and thinks it is a great idea. And now he can add voiceovers too.

Urghh... pen writing mimeography, running away from invisible soldiers, ladder climbing with skates on, hide behind some invisible furnitures while time wasting for second half choreography + backloaded jumps + death on ice at the end with mock tears in her eye... just kill me now!!!

Paint by numbers painting done well still does not make it a good painting!! Anyone argues otherwise don't know or don't care anything about art or the nature of quality, in which originality, creativity, authenticity and sincere approach to genuine self-actualization are the very hallmarks of.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Urghh... pen writing mimeography, running away from invisible soldiers, ladder climbing with skates on, hide behind some invisible furnitures while time wasting for second half choreography + backloaded jumps + death on ice at the end with mock tears in her eye... just kill me now!!!

Paint by numbers painting done well still does not make it a good painting!! Anyone argues otherwise don't know or don't care anything about art or the nature of quality, in which originality, creativity, authenticity and sincere approach to genuine self-actualization are the very hallmarks of.

In the annals of history, Boyang Jin will be known as a more successful skater than Misha Ge. Because the measuring stick for success is decided by the ISU, not the fans.

Now, if we want to talk about which skater garners more affection or earns more money, that's another topic for discussion, but those are just secondary goals. The only primary goal for a performance is to attain the highest score possible.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
In the annals of history, Boyang Jin will be known as a more successful skater than Misha Ge. Because the measuring stick for success is decided by the ISU, not the fans.

Now, if we want to talk about which skater garners more affection or earns more money, that's another topic for discussion, but those are just secondary goals. The only primary goal for a performance is to attain the highest score possible.

Boyang Jin do not represent men's sport and he did not receive 98.128 in PCS.

Being acknowledged as the world's best, there carries a symbolic value of human success and deserves its scrutiny. The very best of what we can possibly be. When these premise are false, we are just lying to ourselves.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I understand perfectly. You are the one that is confusing personal preferences with objective facts.

Since you have such a good opinion of your own intellect, and nothing but scorn for everyone else's, I really have nothing more to say.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Since you have such a good opinion of your own intellect, and nothing but scorn for everyone else's, I really have nothing more to say.

That's what you said last time. Guess that means that everything you say is nothing. :p

LadyB

Record Breaker
Wait. That was summer with blonde Ksenia! Why haven't I seen this before? :drama:

No, regarding Gala, it was kind of awesome. And I guess I'm in minority who actually like C/B Sunscreen EX.
Katia doing that single jump was very cute too :luv17:

That's surprising indeed. You usually never miss a beat when it comes to S/K ;) I must admit, I like the Sunscreen number as well and I'm not normally into C/B.
Katia was class on all levels. Like the entire Team Russia which deserves an Oscar for best off-ice performance :love:

madforskating

On the Ice
That's surprising indeed. You usually never miss a beat when it comes to S/K ;) I must admit, I like the Sunscreen number as well and I'm not normally into C/B.
Katia was class on all levels. Like the entire Team Russia which deserves an Oscar for best off-ice performance :love:

OMG Ksenia's crazy hair in summer of 2015 is one of those things you'd rather forget but never can. I'm so glad she went with the dark hair again and while usually I don't like short haircuts, the style suits her attitude. She looks freakishly like Anne Hathaway.
http://www.short-haircut.com/20-best-anne-hathaway-pixie-cuts.html