Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2310

Thread: 2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrice View Post
    Canadians.....Is there a clear #3 Lady from Canada. You hear so much Kaetlyn and Gabby but not much about the rest of ladies. I would guess it's Alaine Chartrand, right? Are there any other senior ladies threatening at Nationals?
    i feel this question was held up by the system for a few months....

right now.. there is nobody IMHO... let's wait and see if Alaine fixes her jumps with Krall (she won't fix anything with Joanne)

Larkyn remains a wild card... will her performances (subpar) at Worlds and Olympics motivate her to upgrade her jumps?

will Alicia Pineault, Aurora Cotop, Sarah Tamura, Emy Decelles, Kim Decelles, Kim Deguise Léveillé or even junior Sarah-Maude Blanchard fight their way to their third spot?

we will know a bit more this summer with the National Summer Series

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    Canadians.....Is there a clear #3 Lady from Canada. You hear so much Kaetlyn and Gabby but not much about the rest of ladies. I would guess it's Alaine Chartrand, right? Are there any other senior ladies threatening at Nationals?
    Alaine currently has the highest scoring potential among the ladies that aren't Kaetlyn and Gabby, but she's had a rough season and a lot of ur problems etc. If she can return to her previous form, she'd solidly be the #3 lady, as she was for the past few years (well one of the top 3, she's placed 1 and 2 before as well)

Many of the other ladies are quite inconsistent. At this point, there are a lot of possibilities for who will be #3, but it's hard to tell who will stick.

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    L/L, Conrad, and Joseph should all stay junior. Two almost made the podium at Junior Worlds. Jo should aim for JGPF too. And Conrad should know he's going nowhere as a senior without a strong junior season with scores over 200 points.
    I expect they all will. For L/L, especially, the ranks above them are so clogged that the Junior circuit has far more opportunities to earn laurels anyway. Grab one of those junior titles and you can hang your reputation on it through the early adult seasons where you’re generally waiting your turn to get a chance to move up.

Joseph, I’m sure, is dreaming of a 2019-20 debut senior season capped with a win at Nationals and a strong showing at the Montreal Worlds (right in his neck of the woods).

Lol Canes sound like the Hurricanes. Is this the official nickname now?
    I vote for “CanaDanes”.

As related above, not really.

Chartrand must really be crushed by how this season went. All she had to do to go to the Olympics was keep it together, and she couldn’t do it. It’s an opportunity I expect she knows won’t come again.

There’s a fair bit of jostling below the top two. I could see Larkyn getting the nod again next year (she’s got presence to burn; the tech needs work), or it could be somebody completely different.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Green View Post
    I vote for “CanaDanes”.
    this is brilliant, you have my vote

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koatterce View Post
    this is brilliant, you have my vote
    i am on the Canes team haha much quicker to type

4 Not allowed!
    I just noticed there's a thing at the bottom that shows who's read this thread in the past 365 days. 1297 posters. Including TGee.

If Alaine Chartrand is out there reading this thread: Get back to where you once belonged girl! You were National Champion. You were 2nd in the SP at COR15. You have so much potential. And you've proven yourself to be better than any #3 candidate in Canada right now. No excuses, no choking. Just trust yourself and skate. And stop doing 3Lz3T combos.

I'm going to be watching Alicia Pineault next season. She's underrated. And if Kim Deguise Léveillé keeps working with David Wilson I want to see her as well.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    I just noticed there's a thing at the bottom that shows who's read this thread in the past 365 days. 1297 posters. Including TGee.

If Alaine Chartrand is out there reading this thread: Get back to where you once belonged girl! You were National Champion. You were 2nd in the SP at COR15. You have so much potential. And you've proven yourself to be better than any #3 candidate in Canada right now. No excuses, no choking. Just trust yourself and skate. And stop doing 3Lz3T combos.

I'm going to be watching Alicia Pineault next season. She's underrated. And if Kim Deguise Léveillé keeps working with David Wilson I want to see her as well.
    actually Alaine Keep up the 3lz-3t combos just nail them

Alicia was my discovery of the year... she has it all.. jumps, spins, presentation... she just needs to put it together when it counts, over two programs. Kim is such a classy skater. I just hope that these girls keep at it a little longer, we may have 3 spots for a couple more years and it's time for them to get that much needed experience in ISU championships... granted that Kaetlyn and Gabby may not always do both events like this year.

I was pleasantly surprised by Larkyn's progress this year, but I feared it would be too little to soon... kudos on Skate Canada for giving her a chance... I wouldn't give her another one that easily. Michelle Long: probably retired???

I just had to post here because of what you wrote in there

and i concur... we miss you TGee

1 Not allowed!
    If Kim keeps that SP one more year I would not protest.

Michelle does appear to have moved on to other things. Or she's skating part time.

Come join us in the new thread and this one will get archived: https://goldenskate.com/forum/showth...Skating-Season

4 Not allowed!
    R.I.P., discussion thread. Forever in our hearts.

GS Supporter

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Green View Post
    R.I.P., discussion thread. Forever in our hearts.
    It had a good run.

Medalist

3 Not allowed!
    Maybe you can try to get it officially closed, so it doesn't cannibalize the new thread?

Bye, bye thread. It's been nice knowing your.

2 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the conversations and all the wins both this season and last, Forum.

Medalist

3 Not allowed!
    Thank you Kaetlyn Osmond for showing what a real trooper is and being such a great role model for all the little girls waiting to meet you when you get back home..It show that you don’t need big federations behind you to win only perservance and never giving up.....Good Luck next season...bye...

3 Not allowed!
    To my friends on here, who have inspired me with their insights, wisdom, knowledge and passion, I will meet you on the other side...of this new Thread that is.

Slainte (Gaelic for cheers)

O4G

Bona Fide Member

3 Not allowed!
    Well, time has come - thank You everyone who participated in this thread, for all updates, links, discussion, insights,information, laughs and more sober moments. It was really a feat to be a part of it. It was quite a rollercoaster sometimes, but we get through that

,onward to new season!

Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154