2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada

AvgeekJoe

On the Ice
Something is wrong with Gabby or with the ice................... :-( So sad. Gabby's got game and got great leadership material, just something happened. I was hoping for a 1-2 CAN-CAN punch, I really was.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Congrats and well done to Kaetlyn, Ravi, Lance, Jeff, Osmond family and friends! We are so happy and proud of our Girl!!!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
My congrats to all Canadian camaraderie here, You should be over-the-moon proud and some:bow::cheer:
Team gold and 3 individual medals, all done in pretty incredible, driven manner. But what got me the most was spirit and the feel that one stands for another, in good and bad moment. Seeing pretty much all skaters and team Canada by the boards and in the audience intensified this power radiating from skaters themselves. What an Olympic finish for once-in-a-lifetime generation!!!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
What an incredible showing for Team Canada not just in figure skating but in the entirety of the PyeongChang Olympics.

Yes, there are medals that got away. Heartbreaks, injuries, and fourth place finishes. But collectively it's the country's biggest medal haul. We had more gold in Vancouver as hosts, but we have more medals in PyeongChang.

And Kaetlyn's bronze was the medal that got us to record setting 27.

Canadian Olympics medal tally

🥇 Team Event
🥇 Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir in Ice Dance
🥉 Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford in Pairs
🥉 Kaetlyn Osmond in Ladies

Congratulations to all our medallists! It's been an amazing Olympics to watch. Thank you for giving us these beautiful moments of pride and joy.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I am so very proud of the Canadian Olympic skaters, every single one of them. What a great team of athletes and human beings! To the medalists, bravo and congratulations! To those without individual medals from the 2018 Olympics, my love and utmost respect. :2thumbs:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Not skating but I love this one too much not to share it..bear with me:

GermanForeignOffice‏Verified account @GermanyDiplo

Travel advisory: Germans in Canada should exercise a high degree of empathy. Be nice, don’t gloat, give hugs, buy rounds of hot chocolate.

Just imagine how you would feel if Canada beat us in soccer 😱

https://twitter.com/GermanyDiplo/status/967079630854291456

Suzzie

Rinkside
great job by Canadian skaters. 2 gold, 2 bronze - well done! my congrats to team CAN.
i was rooting for all them. so pity, no medal in men competition. but team event...it was fantastic. though most dont appreciate it, but for me every competition is important, every medal is valuable

waterblades

On the Ice

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm so happy for Kaetlyn's Olympic medal and her story is truly epic and inspiring although I've thought she deserves much more the gold than the two competitors shared with the podium at PyeongChang, but since Sochi, everything in judging goes weirder and weirder every year, so I just congratulate Kaetlyn's victory over all hardship that she's gotten through.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Scott's enthusiastic door opening made the cut for CBC's funny moments of the game: https://www.facebook.com/CBCOlympics/videos/1226885184109560/

Really digging this calm analysis by Pj Kwong of the state of Canadian figure skating:
Canadian figure skaters leave lasting legacy in Pyeongchang

Coaching and choreography are the real legacies of international figure skating success by Canadian skaters. And it's not just in figure skating - hockey also benefits with the involvement of folks like Victor Kraatz and David Pelletier.