2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 113 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Hoping Kaetlyn will do Skate America for Grand Prix.

Why?

Where's Skate America 2018?

EVERETT, WASHINGTON.

Gee, I wonder who lives one county away?

MR. YANK FOR OSMOND

Vancouver & Victoria BC are only a relatively few hours away. There's even Calgary & Edmonton flights to SeaTac International flight from Alaska Airlines & Edmonton-SeaTac + Toronto-SeaTac flights by Air Canada.

So hoping for the best.

the best is not that... and Skate America is not likely ;)

Why : Kaetlyn will do Skate Canada. Where I LIVE :) and that means Skate America is just too close for her to do both, right at the beginning of the season...

However, you could get your Kaetlyn fix easily as here is the best :

Kaetlyn will be at GPF in Vancouver ;)

AvgeekJoe

On the Ice
the best is not that... and Skate America is not likely ;)

Why : Kaetlyn will do Skate Canada. Where I LIVE :) and that means Skate America is just too close for her to do both, right at the beginning of the season...

However, you could get your Kaetlyn fix easily as here is the best :

Kaetlyn will be at GPF in Vancouver ;)

Oh why not do both? Why do we North Americans need to ship Kaetlyn overseas? I'd rather send the United Skaters of Mediocrity overseas, they seem to want to skate more for the travel & celebrity than winning WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Hoping Kaetlyn will do Skate America for Grand Prix.

Why?

Where's Skate America 2018?

EVERETT, WASHINGTON.

Gee, I wonder who lives one county away?

MR. YANK FOR OSMOND

Vancouver & Victoria BC are only a relatively few hours away. There's even Calgary & Edmonton flights to SeaTac International flight from Alaska Airlines & Edmonton-SeaTac + Toronto-SeaTac flights by Air Canada.

So hoping for the best.

Okay MR. YANK FOR OSMOND, get in line behind...

Osmond4gold
Osmond4yetanothergoldandIhopeIamnotbeingtoogreedy, and
Osmond4backtobackgold

As we were here first! ;)

Okay MR. YANK FOR OSMOND, get in line behind...

Osmond4gold
Osmond4yetanothergoldandIhopeIamnotbeingtoogreedy, and
Osmond4backtobackgold

As we were here first! ;)

Are you changing your display name then? I want to see someone actually try to fit in that second one.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh why not do both?
The skaters generally prefer more than a week between events, so normally she wouldn't do them. Though I can actually think of a scenario where she might do Skate America, not in addition to Skate Canada, but in lieu of it. See below:

I agree that Skate Canada is probably really hoping to see Carolina retire, it would be extremely advantageous to have both of them at Skate Canada and not have to invite other top contenders. Depending on what "slot" they get for choosing their invitees, I think it could be a bad situation where they have no choice but to invite Alina.
Since the World Champion's choices are generally honoured, if the Canadians get a very low draw in the ordering of making invites and they think being left to invite Alina is a risk, they might be well-advised to have Kaetlyn choose Skate America instead of Skate Canada as one of her two. Bradie will be there, rather than Alina, and the US Fed obviously won't invite Evgenia. Assuming that's possible, I'm not clear in what order those choices get made.

I noted this over in the Grand Prix thread, but Skate Canada will also have to make some tactical choices regarding their pairs teams. One of the top seeds will of course being coming to Skate Canada, but KMT/Marinaro are in the next bracket. Do they try to make deals to get Seguin/Bilodeau invites to other events and try to get KMT/Marinaro the silver medal at Skate Canada?

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Are you changing your display name then? I want to see someone actually try to fit in that second one.

Trust me chopinskate, I have tried to see if this was able but as of yet I have not been successful in finding where I can change my profile name, as it would be fun to do for a day or 2.

Ziotic

Medalist
The skaters generally prefer more than a week between events, so normally she wouldn't do them. Though I can actually think of a scenario where she might do Skate America, not in addition to Skate Canada, but in lieu of it. See below:

Since the World Champion's choices are generally honoured, if the Canadians get a very low draw in the ordering of making invites and they think being left to invite Alina is a risk, they might be well-advised to have Kaetlyn choose Skate America instead of Skate Canada as one of her two. Bradie will be there, rather than Alina, and the US Fed obviously won't invite Evgenia. Assuming that's possible, I'm not clear in what order those choices get made.

I noted this over in the Grand Prix thread, but Skate Canada will also have to make some tactical choices regarding their pairs teams. One of the top seeds will of course being coming to Skate Canada, but KMT/Marinaro are in the next bracket. Do they try to make deals to get Seguin/Bilodeau invites to other events and try to get KMT/Marinaro the silver medal at Skate Canada?

I think that although S/B had a poor skate at worlds they are still viewed at Can #1 (not my preference but what can you do) I think they will likely let MT/M get their two slots at other events as they are guaranteed and then have S/B at Skate Can where they can position them for the silver. As long as MT/M don't get CoR they should have a relatively good shot at placing.

I also don't disagree with Kaetlyn potentially getting Skate America either, in fact it's closer to her time zone. With that in mind, I actually have a feeling that Alina is going to struggle early in the season with two new unfamiliar programs. If that's the case, having them go up against each other with Osmond winning would be a great way for her to start the season.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Trust me chopinskate, I have tried to see if this was able but as of yet I have not been successful in finding where I can change my profile name, as it would be fun to do for a day or 2.

No need to change it, your username is perfect. Guess how many golds Kaetlyn won this season?

It would be fun! :D But I think you have a limited number of username changes, if you only want it for a day or two.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think that although S/B had a poor skate at worlds they are still viewed at Can #1 (not my preference but what can you do) I think they will likely let MT/M get their two slots at other events as they are guaranteed and then have S/B at Skate Can where they can position them for the silver. As long as MT/M don't get CoR they should have a relatively good shot at placing.
It's also possible that Bruno Massot decides he's not up to another season (I'm sure superwoman Aliona Savchenko is), in which case Zabiyako/Enbert are the third seed. They'd be totally beatable by either Julianne/Charlie or Kirsten/Michael (indeed, the latter did beat them in the free skate at Worlds).

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

I don't think you can, ordinarily. If I recall correctly, there was a limited-time offer (maybe a week or two) to make display name changes. You had to post the change request in the "name change thread" and an administrator actually did it. Some people did completely new names, but others just changed spelling or capitalization. Someone changed the "new" in their name to "inter" for intermediate.

I don't think you can, ordinarily. If I recall correctly, there was a limited-time offer (maybe a week or two) to make display name changes. You had to post the change request in the "name change thread" and an administrator actually did it. Some people did completely new names, but others just changed spelling or capitalization. Someone changed the "new" in their name to "inter" for intermediate.

Really? Wow, most forums just let you message mods, or give you a limited number of changes.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You could try asking in the Announcements and Feedback section of the forum if they would entertain opening another thread in which posters could ask to change their usernames for a limited time period.

Never hurts to ask :)

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
For those who were fans of Edwards/Pang you may be interested in hearing Madeline's story about her retirement and continued involvement in skating at Ryerson University: https://youtu.be/BZeisOFWk0c

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
You could try asking in the Announcements and Feedback section of the forum if they would entertain opening another thread in which posters could ask to change their usernames for a limited time period.

Never hurts to ask :)

Thank Sam, it was just a thought of changing to a celebratory name for a short period. As I know they are busy these days, they don't need a make work project from me. Osmond4gold it is which I am totally comfortable with ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Thank Sam, it was just a thought of changing to a celebratory name for a short period. As I know they are busy these days, they don't need a make work project from me. Osmond4gold it is which I am totally comfortable with ;)

though you could switch your custom title from Medalist to Gold Medalist LOL

- - - Updated - - -

meagan landing all sorts of jumps for fun

3loop

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
though you could switch your custom title from Medalist to Gold Medalist LOL

- - - Updated - - -

meagan landing all sorts of jumps for fun

3loop

She is such a beast, always pushing herself! Alaine and Larkyn best watch out, should she ever get bored with coaching. :biggrin:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker