Page 477 of 477 FirstFirst ... 377 427 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477
Results 7,141 to 7,145 of 7145

Thread: 2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    I don't think RusFed cares about American ladies spots.

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kalee View Post
    Sending anyone other than Masha to Worlds (+ Zhenia and Alina of course) is a step in gifting 3 spots to the US ladies. She's the only one of the "rest" who can be relied on to score 200+ consistently. Anyone else is beatable by one or more of the US ladies which is a step to conceding a top-6 spot at Worlds.
    I don't exactly agree with this. First of all, Russia isn't that concerned with whether America gets 3 spots or not for next season. But second, 7 Russian skaters actually have higher PBs than any American skaters this season. Trusova and Kostornaia aren't senior eligible, but in addition to Medvedeva and Zagitova, there's Sotskova, Tsurskaya and Radionova that each have a better SB than any American. I also don't agree that she can be relied to score 200+ consistently. She's really not that consistent and has some UR issues. After the top 2, there really are no consistent ladies in Russia currently. Tsurskaya is the one with the highest potential for scoring high, however.

With the cards they have dealt themselves, to me the ideal scenario would be one where they actually send Konstantinova over Sotskova to worlds and then send Gubanova to jr. worlds. Of course, I'd rather not see Konstantinova at all but for this scenario I'd be willing to make an exception.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    And look how much she hates Alina! What a horrible, biased, evil witch she is...
    Ugh, such wickedness & malice! I don't understand how you could post such things here...

Anyway, seriously though, I think Eteri was in a somewhat difficult position when Evgenia's scores were announced. We all saw how sad Evgenia was on first hearing her scores (and my heart went out to her), and it's not like Eteri could just ditch her and run off to celebrate with Alina. And we all know what people would have said if she had...

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    I don't exactly agree with this. First of all, Russia isn't that concerned with whether America gets 3 spots or not for next season. But second, 7 Russian skaters actually have higher PBs than any American skaters this season. Trusova and Kostornaia aren't senior eligible, but in addition to Medvedeva and Zagitova, there's Sotskova, Tsurskaya and Radionova that each have a better SB than any American. I also don't agree that she can be relied to score 200+ consistently. She's really not that consistent and has some UR issues. After the top 2, there really are no consistent ladies in Russia currently. Tsurskaya is the one with the highest potential for scoring high, however.

With the cards they have dealt themselves, to me the ideal scenario would be one where they actually send Konstantinova over Sotskova to worlds and then send Gubanova to jr. worlds. Of course, I'd rather not see Konstantinova at all but for this scenario I'd be willing to make an exception.
    True, Russia may not be concerned about US spots per se. But presumably, they should be interested in maintaining the highest possible placements for their Worlds team? If so, then Sotskova has not performed badly enough to forfeit her Worlds spot as Konstantinova could concede even more placements at Worlds, including to potentially one or more of the US ladies plus others.
    Agree that Tsurskaya has the highest potential for scoring if sent to Worlds, though her Final of Russian Cup results don't point to her being in the best of recent form. Tsurskaya --> Radionova --> Tukt --> Konstantinova would be my guess at the scoring potential at Worlds but sadly as you've mentioned, they've got to work "with the cards they have dealt themselves" due to the scoring at Nats.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    I would bet on Radionova rather than Konstantinova. Konstantinova scored higher at the nationals, but she won’t get those marks at senior worlds, whereas Radionova will.

Page 477 of 477 FirstFirst ... 377 427 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477