2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 199 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Shayuki

Record Breaker

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Wanna spoil user relationships on the empty place? No problem!

1) Put favorite of ones against favorite of others.
2) Send the post.

Ta-da!

👿👺

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Noo, it doesn't make sense to promote Kostornaya like this. She isn't even senior eligible next year. If they will put Kostornaya on second, the others ladies who will have to go to Olympics and Worlds will look really weak.

Where are they "promoting" Kosto? She's really good, so she gets really high scores, no promoting there. And if she skates better then those senior skaters at nats (which is quite possible) then she beats them. End of story :confused2:

tars

Record Breaker
I wonder why people call Gubanova an "Angel", while Kostornaya is simply "Kostorka". :think: :taunt:

Oh, wait - maybe because the first is best novice figure skater in history? :handw:

madison

Record Breaker
Where are they "promoting" Kosto? She's really good, so she gets really high scores, no promoting there. And if she skates better then those senior skaters at nats (which is quite possible) then she beats them. End of story :confused2:

haha, sure... dream on... they can do whatever they want with the PCS and even with TES.

Sam L

Medalist
Polina hasn't skated in Skate America yet but I think I really want her to be third member of the Russian team now. If there's another Russian lady I really want to see skate live aside from Medvedeva and Zagitova, it would be Polina. Although I wouldn't mind Maria Sotskova either. But a slight edge to Polina at the moment. I hope she wins Skate America and then she's going to have an edge going into the Russian Nationals.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I wonder why people call Gubanova an "Angel", while Kostornaya is simply "Kostorka". :think: :taunt: Oh, wait - maybe because the first is best novice figure skater in history? :handw:

Who is calling Alena like that? [emoji848] I saw such a nickname only at her instagram page - koctorka_2003. But the same with Nastya, she is written there as "Gubanchik" - nastya_gubanchik.

I named Nastya as "Angel" because of her incredible skating skills, very feminine and beautiful arm movements and amazing musicality. That's a pity, that in this season she struggles with puberty and can't show very best.

But for Alena no nicknames so far, and, I guess, shouldn't be. Alena is Alena. I like how Li'Kitsu called her "Kosto", but after many years playing in Football Manager, this nickname associated with Portuguese and Brazilian soccer players to me. :laugh:

russianfan

Match Penalty
I wonder why people call Gubanova an "Angel", while Kostornaya is simply "Kostorka". :think: :taunt:

Oh, wait - maybe because the first is best novice figure skater in history? :handw:

because it sounds good for a russian ear and very similar to her last name, so no need to make any other nicknames :) i like it :agree:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
But for Alena no nicknames so far, and, I guess, shouldn't be. Alena is Alena. I like how Li'Kitsu called her "Kosto", but after many years playing in Football Manager, this nickname associated with Portuguese and Brazilian soccer players to me. :laugh:

Ahahaha, never would have thought of soccer there! :laugh: she has definitely nothing in common with soccer players, so mhm. Friends and me have also taken to calling her simply the Junior queen or the Belle to Sashas Rapunzel. Her name will do just fine though ;)

tars

Record Breaker
Polina winning SA AND placing significantly (+10p, +2 places) higher than Sotskova in GPF would make question of third Olympic spot spicy. :yes:
Not getting into GPF or losing to Sotskova there would let CSKA 'work' things out at Nats, if you know what I mean. :rolleye:

Polina really need two great skates in US, if she thinks seriously about Pyeongchang.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
A provocative question.;) Is she really better than Gubanova without mistakes?

Last season's Gubanova was exquisite same as Kostornaya now. This season Nastya somehow lost it. And they are very different. Gubanova - fluidity, arms, delicacy - angel as they say. Kostornaya is even smaller than Trusova but she enters the rink as the boss. And she skates like one.

iamchrislao

On the Ice
Agree. Remember Shizuka was beaten by newbie Mao at nationals? Did that maker her less Oly Champ material? Judges didn't think so. I didn't think so either. You're only as good as your last competition. You're supposed to be graded according to what you put out there...didnt hurt her though that Cohen and Slutskaya showed up as part-time zambonis.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Polina winning SA AND placing significantly (+10p, +2 places) higher than Sotskova in GPF would make question of third Olympic spot spicy. :yes:
Not getting into GPF or losing to Sotskova there would let CSKA 'work' things out at Nats, if you know what I mean. :rolleye:

Polina really need two great skates in US, if she thinks seriously about Pyeongchang.

I don't think Sotskova makes the team unless she tops Polina at Nationals. It's sort of pointless not to go with the higher finisher, since neither will be doing the team event (unless Evgenia or Alina is injured) and only have an outside chance at an individual medal.