2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 246 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

starla16

Medalist
Feditchkina, Konstantinova, Gubanova, Nugumanova, Panenkova, Tarusina, Samodurova, Guliakova

No, she does not deserve any JGP events next year, why steal a spot ? when she can easily move to seniors !

there's still Scherbakova, Tarusina and others who will progress next season.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
No, she does not deserve any JGP events next year, why steal a spot ? when she can easily move to seniors !

For Shcherbakova and Tarusina its not really about it being progress - Shcherbakova broke her leg this summer. Gpf winner is Trusova, last time these two skated vs each other she beat Trusova by about 10 points in FS with 6+ points more PCS than her. 135+p before being junior eligible.

As for Tarusina she was supposed to participate in JGP during the last season already but got into the bus accident where she received a significant injury and missed almost the entire season. But she too was good enough for JGP a long time ago.

russianfan

Match Penalty
The nice thing about watching russian nationals: you know that even utter outsiders are not going to fall a lot with a technical content being not much different from what top ladies show

alvina9894

Final Flight
The nice thing about watching russian nationals: you know that even utter outsiders are not going to fall a lot with a technical content being not much different from what top ladies show

Russian *ladies* national.
From what I have gathered yesterday all the top Russian men don't want to go to Oly.

hanca

Record Breaker
So JW spot battle is between Trusova, Kostornaya, Gubanova and Tarakanova. The only shoe in i think is Kostornaya. Trusova had proven she can make mistake especially after falling in 4S and getting < or << but she will get enoug points in SP i guess to make it up. Tarakanova have bombed before but her last few performances is flawless~ Gubanova is the most inconsistent compared to other 3, but she's getting better in her Russian cup performance and if she's clean she will get highest PCS
Not necessarily. Last year Gubanova was second best junior lady at the JGP events, placed second at JGPF, but was only 7th at junior nationals, so the federation send to junior worlds Konstantinova instead. Anyone from the ladies you named can have a bad day and mess up the nationals (and we saw it happen to Tarakanova at one JGP event, so it possible), and then they won’t be sent to junior worlds.

hanca

Record Breaker

If you read the questions I was answering, the question was who from top ladies will become senior eligible next season. Not who deserves JGP spots!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Kostornaya and Trusova are definitely in, barring disaster. Tarakanova will probably grab the third spot, if she remains consistent. I would love to see Gubanova... maybe next year. I don't see Konstantinova at Junior Worlds, but maybe she will be able to turn senior next season. Are any top junior girls ellegible for seniors next year?

Konstantinova*
Gubanova
Nugumanova
Tarusina
Samodurova
Panenkova
Gulyakova
Fedichkina*

*=could have gone senior this year

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
So JW spot battle is between Trusova, Kostornaya, Gubanova and Tarakanova. The only shoe in i think is Kostornaya. Trusova had proven she can make mistake especially after falling in 4S and getting < or << but she will get enoug points in SP i guess to make it up. Tarakanova have bombed before but her last few performances is flawless~ Gubanova is the most inconsistent compared to other 3, but she's getting better in her Russian cup performance and if she's clean she will get highest PCS

Ummmm...
I think Trusova is a shoe-in

Gubanova does not have good chances right now

Shcherbakova might be at junior nationals and might be ready to fight for a JWC spot

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Love how effortlessly and gracefully Kostornaya performs such difficult transitions. You couldnt really tell how difficult they are if you werent familiar with them.

My favorite overall performance of the competition.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
So, Konstantinova again will skate clean at Junior Russian Nationals 2018, will manage to get to the top 3 and again will fall at JW 2018? [emoji848]

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
So, Konstantinova again will skate clean at Junior Russian Nationals 2018, will manage to the top 3 and again will fall at JW 2018? [emoji848]

No chance when junior nationals also has Trusova and Tarakanova in addition to Kostornaya

starla16

Medalist
So, Konstantinova again will skate clean at Junior Russian Nationals 2018, will manage to get to the top 3 and again will fall at JW 2018? [emoji848]

I hope not, she does not deserve another junior Worlds

- - - Updated - - -

And possibly Shcherbakova, right? When do jr nat participants get decided?

- - - Updated - - -

15p overscored. Tes about 70 pcs 60 would have ben fair.

Konstantinova is more overscored than Sotnikova
that is crazy

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Do Konstantinova, Kostornaia, Panenkova (and all the others juniors here) have to go to Junior Nats ? Especially Kostoraia since she is 3rd. Is it mandatory for her or does her score here justifies a spot for Jr worlds ?