2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 377 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

starla16

Medalist
So Konstantinova is the 6th. Will they continue sending her instead of Tarakanova and Gubanova if she ends up in top 10?

of course she is suppose to be better than Medvedeva, Zagitova, Kostornaia, Trusova, Tarakanova, Gubanova and others.

tars

Record Breaker
Konstantinova wasted a junior world spot. As predicted :rolleye:
She won that spot by herself in the first place and she's only 4 points away from third place before free, so stop saying things like this. :roll5:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
This season we saw two skates from Stanislava at Russian Nationals and Junior Russian Nationals, at each event she did a mistake in the short program, but skated pretty clean in the free. Also, she is lucky that she got into the last group, so her PCS won't be low. And the gap between her place and the third place is only four points. So everything is not so bad as it looks like. Let's wait at least tomorrow.

starla16

Medalist
She won that spot by herself in the first place and she's only 4 points away from third place before free, so stop saying things like this. :roll5:

Konsatantinova never skates clean outside of russian domestic competitions. This is a given.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Won that score "by herself" by failing on her combo in the SP and getting propped up in PCS and insanely high GOEs as well as lenient calls, yes. To me she has earned nothing "by herself" but your mileage might vary.

alvina9894

Final Flight
Won that score "by herself" by failing on her combo in the SP and getting propped up in PCS and insanely high GOEs as well as lenient calls, yes. To me she has earned nothing "by herself" but your mileage might vary.

I believe tars was being sarcastic

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
With a total Russian ladies domination you should have already knew that this website is a lifesaver and very convenient!
I am, indeed, going to have get at least a passing knowledge if I want to understand what is going on from the score sheets.

Should I know why Gubanova was not sent?

Last edited:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Stanislava outskated her in free program, and won overall by 0.35 points.

😢

... by amongst some questionable calls getting 3 points more in PCS - 69 to 66.

Tomorrow is going to be so incredible in terms of skating. Some interesting names in the Pavlova competition and the junior worlds free skates. The thing I'm mostly looking forward to is whether Trusova actually goes for the two quads like she's been posturing. Outside of that, I just want Kostornaia to have a nice, clean skate.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
... by amongst some questionable calls getting 3 points more in PCS - 69 to 66.

Tomorrow is going to be so incredible in terms of skating. Some interesting names in the Pavlova competition and the junior worlds free skates. The thing I'm mostly looking forward to is whether Trusova actually goes for the two quads like she's been posturing. Outside of that, I just want Kostornaia to have a nice, clean skate.

Yeah, maybe we will see there some new stars aside Vasilieva and Vinokurova? [emoji848]

I'm glad Alena will skate the last, she'll be a cherry on the cake. And yeah, I hope Sasha will make a history with two fully-rotated 4S and 4T, it would be awesome!

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
mystery post

By the way, Shayuki. I remember you mentioned Alena's lutz in the list of the good lutzes, if the edge is correct. How bad her lutz is? I mean, it's not so bad as Evgenia's? Can Alena jump the real lutz? What's her problem? [emoji848]

Shayuki

Record Breaker
By the way, Shayuki. I remember you mentioned Alena's lutz in the list of the good lutzes, if the edge is correct. How bad her lutz is? I mean, it's not so bad as Evgenia's? Can Alena jump the real lutz? What's her problem? [emoji848]
That was a bit of a mystery post. I think I was thinking of someone else because her Lutz actually isn't that great. Even outside of the edge, the toe pick isn't that gentle. Well, the rotation in the air is very beautiful and the air time's good but that's not enough. It's much better than Medvedeva's but that's about it.

Trusova's edge on the other hand is magic: https://i.imgur.com/wqDcjrs.png And after that Trusova actually doesn't make the edge more shallow on takeoff but she makes it even deeper, so deep that the blade doesn't even touch the ice properly anymore. Almost everyone else makes it at least a bit more shallow after take off but Trusova's goes here: https://i.imgur.com/8DD3puz.png

alvina9894

Final Flight
Alena's lutz has been flat all along, at her best day there may be a slight outside edge. Getting an edge call or not depends on how strict the tech panel is.

Here is a 2Lz! from 2013: https://i.loli.net/2018/03/10/5aa2c8f25f898.gif

You can see that the edge is flat, not inside nor outside. Her toe pick is fine on most days, but today it was slightly higher than the norm. I hope she does not develop hammer toe in the future.

Evgenia's lutz has an obvious inside edge, so Alena's is better. Nonetheless this is an issue that has to be addressed as soon as possible. This edge call cost her 1.20 GOE today.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
That was a bit of a mystery post. I think I was thinking of someone else because her Lutz actually isn't that great. Even outside of the edge, the toe pick isn't that gentle. Well, the rotation in the air is very beautiful and the air time's good but that's not enough. It's much better than Medvedeva's but that's about it.

Alena's lutz has been flat all along, at her best day there may be a slight outside edge. Getting an edge call or not depends on how strict the tech panel is.

Here is a 2Lz! from 2013: https://i.loli.net/2018/03/10/5aa2c8f25f898.gif

You can see that the edge is flat, not inside nor outside. Her toe pick is fine on most days, but today it was slightly higher than the norm. I hope she does not develop hammer toe in the future.

Evgenia's lutz has an obvious inside edge, so Alena's is better. Nonetheless this is an issue that has to be addressed as soon as possible. This edge call cost her 1.20 GOE today.

Why she's not fully-perfect... That's very sad. I hope it's fixable somehow. 😢😪

atsumiri

Record Breaker
it's official

Trusova “I have two quads (Salchow and toeloop) in my free skating and I want to land them and skate clean,” the 13-year-old added.