2017-2018 State of Russian Ice Dance | Page 83 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 State of Russian Ice Dance

peepsquick

Final Flight
gymers, the minute something is fashionable, it is yesterday's news

Yeah! That work for people with the attention span of a gnat...
Let's just hope we can let people develop their style in peace and have diversity. I want lyrical when it's done as well as P/C do it. Nothing is new guys ... all is more or less recycled with more or less maestria!

gmyers

Record Breaker
gymers, the minute something is fashionable, it is yesterday's news

Well it’s just important to know Russian theatrical posing drama is never coming back. So that’s really key. It’s just a way of saying stay on top of the trends! Don’t get so wrapped up in a belief that Russian theatrical posing drama is only way. PCs has killed it! Skating skills are demanded from both skaters! Levels are important. Transitions help tes scores.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It’s in as long as P/C are around and dubreuil controls ice dance.

S/A had the wrong coaches and choreographers for their lyrical. If someone who knew it did it maybe it would work. Can car mechanics just be airplane mechanics or vice versa? No!
Lyrical will and is in with P/C ruling - because they can't do much else for the free dance.

peepsquick

Final Flight
Lyrical will and is in with P/C ruling - because they can't do much else for the free dance.

Don't you ever get tired of repeating the same old worn tale over and over again?
P/C find motivation in exploring their own style and with their depth of talent, we should be grateful to get to see them 4 more years.
Everybody else is free to do whatever they want. There is no controlling von Dubreuil, only latchers on!

gmyers

Record Breaker
Of course very bad showing in short dance. 7th and 8th! Very bad. Hopefully both teams find new coaches

evangeline

Record Breaker
Russia's 7th and 8th place finishes in the SD isn't THAT bad if you consider: (1) their #1 team (B/S) is not competing, and (2) Z/G are a relatively new team and this is their Worlds debut.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Russia's 7th and 8th place finishes in the SD isn't THAT bad if you consider: (1) their #1 team (B/S) is not competing, and (2) Z/G are a relatively new team and this is their Worlds debut.

Well, when you put it that way they would really be 9th and 10th if V/M and Shibsibs were competing. So 7th and 8th are pretty much fair but hey they could move up to 6th and 7th and get those three spots. I think that would be really good, at least next Russian Nationals wouldn't feel like the hunger games again. I say they should grab their chances while they can.

gmyers

Record Breaker

B/s was 8th last year. They are a terrible team.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Well, when you put it that way they would really be 9th and 10th if V/M and Shibsibs were competing. So 7th and 8th are pretty much fair but hey they could move up to 6th and 7th and get those three spots. I think that would be really good, at least next Russian Nationals wouldn't feel like the hunger games again. I say they should grab their chances while they can.

Russian nationals should be a hunger games of learning about ijs and ice dance in 2018

Mattieu

Medalist
Of course very bad showing in short dance. 7th and 8th! Very bad. Hopefully both teams find new coaches

Gmyers, we get the message, Russia is doomed, they are so bad, they don't understand IJS, they must all move to North America. ( did I miss anything?)

Well as it happens, 8th place for a Worlds début is kinda impressive. Chapeau Tiffany & Jonathan :cool14:
Kustarova and her team should be congratulated. :thank:
Though I expect them to drop behind at least no. 2 Italians tomorrow, as they have the better Muse program.

Bukin is another story. Nòt being invited to the Olympics has clearly hurt.
They have done well under their difficult circumstances, and think they will come back tomorrow to take the 5th place as the judges clearly intended them in 5th from the PCS.

If they finish 5th and 8th, that will regain 3 spots for Russia, so then lets hear gymers and caseyedwards eat their words if that happens!

uhh

Medalist
8th in the SD is decent for Z/G, but they aren't really a new team. They have been skating together for four seasons.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Gmyers, we get the message, Russia is doomed, they are so bad, they don't understand IJS, they must all move to North America. ( did I miss anything?)

Well as it happens, 8th place for a Worlds début is kinda impressive. Chapeau Tiffany & Jonathan :cool14:
Kustarova and her team should be congratulated. :thank:
Though I expect them to drop behind at least no. 2 Italians tomorrow, as they have the better Muse program.

Bukin is another story. Nòt being invited to the Olympics has clearly hurt.
They have done well under their difficult circumstances, and think they will come back tomorrow to take the 5th place as the judges clearly intended them in 5th from the PCS.

If they finish 5th and 8th, that will regain 3 spots for Russia, so then lets hear gymers and caseyedwards eat their words if that happens!

Regain 3 spots for what? 3 teams with no chance to win or medal? 3 displays of total ijs hatred?

B/S finished 3rd in the FD last Worlds, so they can't be all THAT terrible...

Yes but 8th was there intended placement but huge meltdowns from others raised them. They didn’t skate well to third. It was default.

Mattieu

Medalist
Regain 3 spots for what? 3 teams with no chance to win or medal? 3 displays of total ijs hatred?

But if they are so bad how can they be regaining 3 spots?
This is a mystery to me, how are they so bad yet are one of the top 3 nations in the World in ice dance?

gmyers

Record Breaker
But if they are so bad how can they be regaining 3 spots?
This is a mystery to me, how are they so bad yet are one of the top 3 nations in the World in ice dance?
Better skaters failures- real test is medals and titles

Where are the world or Olympic titles or medals or gpf wins or medals or even cup of Russia wins?