2017-2018 State of Russian Ice Dance | Page 84 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 State of Russian Ice Dance

Mattieu

Medalist
Better skaters failures- real test is medals and titles

Where are the world or Olympic titles or medals or gpf wins or medals or even cup of Russia wins?

Gymers, you must wake up in the morning thinking, how can I get through to everyone how bad Russia is, I need to repeat it time and time again, whenever I can as many times a day as possible, until everyone understands that Russia is finished unless every last one of them moves to North America!

Have you ever stopped for one minute and thought about the consequence if every team in the world trained in Montreal?

gmyers

Record Breaker
Gymers, you must wake up in the morning thinking, how can I get through to everyone how bad Russia is, I need to repeat it time and time again, whenever I can as many times a day as possible, until everyone understands that Russia is finished unless every last one of them moves to North America!

Have you ever stopped for one minute and thought about the consequence if every team in the world trained in Montreal?
It’s almost at that point now- not Montreal but Also novi and canton. What has it meant? People seem to agree technical standard went up. Programs are accessible and involve fast skating and transitions.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Well if it hadn't been for the deduction S/B would have been 6th and only .16 out of 5th. And even with the deduction their only behind 6th by .01 and 5th by 1.16. Overall as the #2 team they did fine considering them coming to worlds with the controversy that took them out of the Olympics on their backs. And Z/G being 8th, at their first worlds, is pretty solid for a team that though out the season was barely considered #3 in Russia.

I don't expect it to happen but if S/B could potentially move up to 5th, and Z/G could hold on to 8th over the second Italians (a lot easier said then done with the competition being held in Italy), then they could get the three spots. Like I said I don't expect it to happen but I think their much closer to the three spots after the SD then everybody thought they would be after B/S pulled out.

Lana05

Final Flight
Regain 3 spots for what? 3 teams with no chance to win or medal? 3 displays of total ijs hatred?

Yes but 8th was there intended placement but huge meltdowns from others raised them. They didn’t skate well to third. It was default.

You know American pairs are doomed and now have only 1 spot ,aybe you should go to their thread and write that all American pairs should train in Russian because only Russia has 3 spot at next WC?? Or you could go to American ladies thread and suugest their girls to move to Russia because current American girls are horrble?? :biggrin:

gmyers

Record Breaker
You know American pairs are doomed and now have only 1 spot ,aybe you should go to their thread and write that all American pairs should train in Russian because only Russia has 3 spot at next WC?? Or you could go to American ladies thread and suugest their girls to move to Russia because current American girls are horrble?? :biggrin:

To be totally truthful there is a lack of caring about American pairs because they don’t have the history of success that Russian ice dance does though vasilev did coach in Chicago for a while but no american pairs!

Lana05

Final Flight
To be totally truthful there is a lack of caring about American pairs because they don’t have the history of success that Russian ice dance does though vasilev did coach in Chicago for a while but no american pairs!

There was a pair on Olympics which was a favoutite at home olympics in US but Rodnina/Zaitsev won it. And there is big history about American ladies and a lot of hipe in American media to name different ladies as main hopes