2017-2018 State of Russian Ice Dance | Page 60 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 State of Russian Ice Dance

Marta25

Medalist
The best way is to develop young talents for ice dance. But don’t send them to Zhulin.

4 teams have qualified for the JGPF and they all come from different coaching groups. Zhulin hasn`t been training juniors for quiet a while. The last junior team that he trained and who was somewhat succesful on the junior circuit were Zenkova/Sinitsin. He probably will have his hands full with S/K anyway in the next quad.

Mattieu

Medalist
4 teams have qualified for the JGPF and they all come from different coaching groups. Zhulin hasn`t been training juniors for quiet a while. The last junior team that he trained and who was somewhat succesful on the junior circuit were Zenkova/Sinitsin. He probably will have his hands full with S/K anyway in the next quad.

If SK continue! Missing the Olympics will sting!
Will Nikita really hang around until he is 30 almost 31 for the next Olympics?
I personally don't think so. I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last season.
He is not stupid and good as the marks were in Japan, it is clear that even with a clean skate they are not top level.
Nikita's face in the K&C after the FD said it all, he was clearly disappointed not to be in the medals with 2 clean skates. ( I say clean as the judges didn't seem to notice her wobble in the SD twizzles and his in the final FD step sequence judging by the marks)
He must also know how damaging his not clean skates are, the Fed simply can't trust him to skate clean and will favour the more reliable SB, especially as there is little difference in the points when SK does skate clean. Nikita will also know that that was a SK friendly judging panel, lets see what he gets in Skate America with a less friendly panel.
So now the reality hits home that they are unlikely to ever be medal contenders in major championships and will most likely will have to play 2nd fiddle to SB, how will he find the will to continue? It's not as if he can even change coaches as Tarasova so rightly said, this is his last 'berth'. No other coach will take them now with Nikita's reputation.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
S/K's scores were all kinds of strange at NHK....I mean most judges had them ahead of Hubbell/Donohue in PCS in the SD, like what? But then, so were some of those lenient calls and generous GOEs Cappellini/Lanotte received, but that's a totally different topic.

Marta25

Medalist
I think both SB and SK will have to reevalute their situation if one of them don't make the Olympics. SB will maybe have to consider a coaching change and SK will have to think about their next step. IMO it would be the wrong decision for SK to split or retire, Sinitsina is very young and could continue until 2026. Besides, a lot of top teams will retire after this season, so the field will be more open.

Mattieu

Medalist
S/K's scores were all kinds of strange at NHK....I mean most judges had them ahead of Hubbell/Donohue in PCS in the SD, like what? But then, so were some of those lenient calls and generous GOEs Cappellini/Lanotte received, but that's a totally different topic.

5 judges put HD in 4th, which is just crazy, until you hear it was an attempt to ensure HD finished 3rd or below, which would give BS a shot at the final. I find it no coincidence that the referree was Russian. She clearly was coordinating an attempt to get a Russian team in the final.
So I will be interested to see SK marks in SkateAM when they are not benefiting from this attempt to push HD down.

madison

Record Breaker
5 judges put HD in 4th, which is just crazy, until you hear it was an attempt to ensure HD finished 3rd or below, which would give BS a shot at the final. I find it no coincidence that the referree was Russian. She clearly was coordinating an attempt to get a Russian team in the final.
So I will be interested to see SK marks in SkateAM when they are not benefiting from this attempt to push HD down.

But what's exactly the power of a referee?

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil

:laugh:

You people go crazy with the theories sometimes. Wouldn't it be easier to actually buy the eastern-european panel at CoC for them to finish second and not depend on anyone else? Because unless S/K got up to second here, with other teams scoring well below B/S at their GPs, they wouldn't help any russian team to qualify, seeing that H/D finishing third would just open the door for C/L.

Also, B/S need two different results for them to get a shot at the GPF still, which is unlikely at best. C/B would have to finish third or less at IdF, scoring potentially less than B/S at COR, and C/L would have to finish not better than third at SA, or second but scoring three points less than B/S at COR.

Kittosuni

Medalist
If S/K gets their shitte together, they are the 2nd Russian team going to the olympics.

Judges seem to prefer them to S/B and they have higher scoring potential.

They are beating S/B now who are skating at their best while they are still not 100%.

PCS is already at S/K's favor( i mean they are even beating H/D already like whuttt??) so they just need to skate clean.

Stars are lining up for you NIkita so stop fhhucking it up.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Let's wait & see how Stepanova & Bukin do in France and Sinitsina & Katsalapov do at Skate America, shall we? Both teams are very likely to make it to Europeans & go head-to-head internationally before Russia selects its Olympic team. (Though we've all gotten a glimpse of how that might not happen).

gmyers

Record Breaker
:laugh:

You people go crazy with the theories sometimes. Wouldn't it be easier to actually buy the eastern-european panel at CoC for them to finish second and not depend on anyone else? Because unless S/K got up to second here, with other teams scoring well below B/S at their GPs, they wouldn't help any russian team to qualify, seeing that H/D finishing third would just open the door for C/L.

Also, B/S need two different results for them to get a shot at the GPF still, which is unlikely at best. C/B would have to finish third or less at IdF, scoring potentially less than B/S at COR, and C/L would have to finish not better than third at SA, or second but scoring three points less than B/S at COR.

I totally agree! Why not just give b/s an overwhelming victory at COR by just giving them an enormous lead in the SD so that a level 2 spin wouldn’t have meant anything. No one is trying to fix anything for b/s. Russia doesn’t care about dance anymore. What’s going on now is Russia fixing dance? Why are they failing so dramatically? So Russia is now flaky incompetent at fixing dance now or maybe russia just really doesn’t care anymore!! Look at this Russian fixing of dance results to benefit b/s: 5th at worlds, silver and bronze at the GP level!, bronze for s/b at cor and 4th for s/k at NHK. This is russia fixing dance? Why wouldn’t russia fix wins? How can there be so much belief in russia fixing dance with no medals or victories?

gmyers

Record Breaker
But what's exactly the power of a referee?

Lol no power. If You are fixing ice dance you don’t get the referee you get the technical panel. You give h/d all level 2 or 3. Referee doesn’t help in the technical panel. It’s possible russia doesn’t know this. Doesn’t know about the existence of the technical panel.

Mattieu

Medalist
Lol no power. If You are fixing ice dance you don’t get the referee you get the technical panel. You give h/d all level 2 or 3. Referee doesn’t help in the technical panel. It’s possible russia doesn’t know this. Doesn’t know about the existence of the technical panel.

Its through the PCS and GOE that the fixing is going on. That is where 5 judges in the SD tried to put HD in 4th
So the Russian referee influenced those 5 judges voting in this way,

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Its through the PCS and GOE that the fixing is going on. That is where 5 judges in the SD tried to put HD in 4th

Assuming this is just 6.0, right? Isn't it easier to only fix the technical panel? Or better yet, only the TC, which gives the last input in the levels? Easier one person than five. :shrug:

There were three judges that gave them marks with big difference, the US judge that put H/D well over S/K, and then the Russian and Israeli judges that gave S/K higher marks. The rest followed the same pattern for the scores. Five judges voting S/K's way and not putting them over H/D is just an example of poor planning, IMO. Not to talk about GOE and levels. Three-point difference in the TES is not going to be made by some tenths of a point in PCS, which is why fixing a panel of judges for GOE and PCS and not having someone in the technical panel is just silly - and ultimately cost B/S their spot in the GPF because of what happened at CoC, if we're going by that.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Let's wait & see how Stepanova & Bukin do in France and Sinitsina & Katsalapov do at Skate America, shall we? Both teams are very likely to make it to Europeans & go head-to-head internationally before Russia selects its Olympic team. (Though we've all gotten a glimpse of how that might not happen).

Actually probably those 2 teams will go to Euros in Moscow too. This is going to be interesting...
There is no way that the Russian Olympic team is chosen after Euros, right ?

gmyers

Record Breaker

Even if true they failed. And they failed in spectacular fashion. H/D was second. B/s have no chance at GPF and russiain ice dance is still dead.

Marta25

Medalist
Actually probably those 2 teams will go to Euros in Moscow too. This is going to be interesting...

I think Sinitsina/Zhiganshin were nominated for the Olympics in Sochi after they beat Ryazanova/Tkachenko at Euros although S/Z already beat them at Nationals. Usually, it`s the first two from Nationals that have a guaranteed spot for Worlds/Olympics while the third spot is decided after Euros, but since Russia has only 2 spots who knows what the Fed is going to do.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker

I think usually the last spot on the Russian team is selected after Europeans.