2017-2018 State of Russian Ice Dance | Page 73 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 State of Russian Ice Dance

Jedi

On the Ice
Is Bukin banned from World's. Any possible chance which is very slim of getting 3 teams requires B/S and S/B to compete at worlds.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any way the IOC can reverse its decision?

Mayumi1990

Rinkside
Is Bukin banned from World's. Any possible chance which is very slim of getting 3 teams requires B/S and S/B to compete at worlds.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any way the IOC can reverse its decision?

Bukin is not banned from competing. Technically he just didnt get “invited” for the OG.

Mattieu

Medalist

bramweld

Record Breaker

gmyers

Record Breaker
Bukin is not banned from competing. Technically he just didnt get “invited” for the OG.

This is like saying a tv show wasn’t cancelled it just wasn’t renewed! Same thing!

- - - Updated - - -

This just got seriously real. What a shame for S/B and a lost opportunity for S/K if Katsalapov had only had the fortitude to push through to the end. Just wow.

And what if he dropped Sinitsina on her head and she got a concussion?

bramweld

Record Breaker
This is like saying a tv show wasn’t cancelled it just wasn’t renewed! Same thing!

- - - Updated - - -

And what if he dropped Sinitsina on her head and she got a concussion?

Yeah, I just remembered that they had that ridiculous blender spin lift at the end. You're right they were toast either way.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I wish they'd let Zagorski/Guerreiro go. If Bukin isn't clean, then he may have had an unfair advantage at Nationals, too.

senben

Spectator
I wish they'd let Zagorski/Guerreiro go. If Bukin isn't clean, then he may have had an unfair advantage at Nationals, too.

You see, Valerie Fourneyron said that "Not being included on the invitation list ... should not automatically cast doubt on their (athlets') integrity". But this is exactly what happens when you say that someone is guilty of something and refuse to say what exactly they are guilty of. :(

bramweld

Record Breaker
You see, Valerie Fourneyron said that "Not being included on the invitation list ... should not automatically cast doubt on their (athlets') integrity". But this is exactly what happens when you say that someone is guilty of something and refuse to say what exactly they are guilty of. :(

But it does mean there were irregularities. It could be not getting permission for medications or missing a test. Bukin may have felt that some little indiscretion would have been overlooked but the IOC also doing this less than 2 weeks before the games is unfortunate. But at the same time Russia needs a Minister who will control these issues with an iron fist. Their athletes have been permanently tainted bbecause of all this, also the attitude of some of their coaches, doctors and athletes tend to be wanting.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I'm sad for S/B not making it, but thrilled for Z/G. Tiffany posted on her Instagram Story this morning about her going to pick up her team uniform, so for her it's a dream come true!

Mattieu

Medalist
I'm sad for S/B not making it, but thrilled for Z/G. Tiffany posted on her Instagram Story this morning about her going to pick up her team uniform, so for her it's a dream come true!

I hope their dreams are not dashed with the court case Russia has started in the Swiss courts for the athletes not invited.

gmyers

Record Breaker
But it does mean there were irregularities. It could be not getting permission for medications or missing a test. Bukin may have felt that some little indiscretion would have been overlooked but the IOC also doing this less than 2 weeks before the games is unfortunate. But at the same time Russia needs a Minister who will control these issues with an iron fist. Their athletes have been permanently tainted bbecause of all this, also the attitude of some of their coaches, doctors and athletes tend to be wanting.

It’s just the opposite! The Russian government needs to get out of the way entirely! Privatize everything. If sports becomes an indication of if the state is doing well it’s in the governments interest that it only does well.

bramweld

Record Breaker
It’s just the opposite! The Russian government needs to get out of the way entirely! Privatize everything. If sports becomes an indication of if the state is doing well it’s in the governments interest that it only does well.

You may have a point here!! But then you already knew that, eh man. :)

Marta25

Medalist
Congrats to Skoptsova/Aleshin, Shevchenko/Eremenko and Ushakova/Nekrasov for making the National podium. They were great! :clap:

Ushakova/Nekrasov were for me the surprise of this season, at least in the junior ranks. Their rise has been very remarkable and I`m looking forward to see them develop even further. They are so young (15 and 17) that they could spend the whole next quad in Juniors, but looking how good they already are, I guess we will soon see them in the senior ranks. Even Tarasova seemed to be impressed by them. https://rsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20180126/1131640484.html

I`m a little sad for Polishchuk/Vakhnov, though. It`s the second time in the row, that they miss the Junior Worlds team narrowly (I suppose the Russian Fed will go with the podium). After winning bronze at the JGPF, I thought they and S/A would be both going to Junior Worlds, but it looks like P/V will miss it again.