2017-2018 State of Russian Ice Dance | Page 77 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 State of Russian Ice Dance

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
More to the point, I hear that Bobrova's threatening to come back for the 2019/20 season. When will they stop shoving them down our throats? They are not a good team, they are not a pleasure to watch. Please Russia, please you can do much better than this, please. Another four years of Bobrova would be tantamount to torture.

By then I don't see them coming back to the top. S/B will have gotten around to seal the #1, most likely. And unless they come back stronger than they are now, they won't be able to make up for lost time. But if they come back, and the judges see them good enough for number one, I don't see the problem. They are the best russian team at the moment, and by far. The younger kids, and the new seniors will have time to move up, if they are able to.

If Elena managed to snatch Dmitri from Katia, or maybe get back with Nikita, perhaps Russia would have a new power couple, but seeing the state as it is, I don't see much shuffling around - but I could be wrong. Gladly, so.

gabriele

On the Ice
More to the point, I hear that Bobrova's threatening to come back for the 2019/20 season. When will they stop shoving them down our throats? They are not a good team, they are not a pleasure to watch. Please Russia, please you can do much better than this, please. Another four years of Bobrova would be tantamount to torture.

Why watch then? Why not take a bathroom break, if they are intolerable to you? Plenty of people will be happy to see them again. Me included. :)

gmyers

Record Breaker

I don’t know! It’s possible the two teams sent to 2019 worlds will be z/g and p/m maybe. So if they don’t have b/s hey aren’t in top 10 anymore! People talk about Stepanova Bukin but all their worlds showings have been horrible. Let’s say there are no problems with Bukins exclusion from Olympics 2018 they still aren’t that good. Stepanova is bobrova.

By then I don't see them coming back to the top. S/B will have gotten around to seal the #1, most likely. And unless they come back stronger than they are now, they won't be able to make up for lost time. But if they come back, and the judges see them good enough for number one, I don't see the problem. They are the best russian team at the moment, and by far. The younger kids, and the new seniors will have time to move up, if they are able to.

If Elena managed to snatch Dmitri from Katia, or maybe get back with Nikita, perhaps Russia would have a new power couple, but seeing the state as it is, I don't see much shuffling around - but I could be wrong. Gladly, so.

Russia needs new power couple coached by someone great or unique or young! I’m sure Elena/soloviev might be coached by zhulin or maybe Tchaikovskaia! Lol lol

S/b are in a hole. I wish they didn’t have this huge black eye. Terry Gannon saying they were banned for doping! No! They were not invited because others doped! Maybe. I don’t know. I can’t believe the no drama Russia team now has the most extraordinary drama and mystery. Not to mention Stepanova stiff no bend knees in steps

Why watch then? Why not take a bathroom break, if they are intolerable to you? Plenty of people will be happy to see them again. Me included. :)

If you want Russia dance to be successful b/s don’t mean success but failure. So many people don’t care about if a team is successful in an event just if they make themselves happy! Extraordinary!!!

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
If you want Russia dance to be successful b/s don’t mean success but failure. So many people don’t care about if a team is successful in an event just if they make themselves happy! Extraordinary!!!

I think people rather face the facts than dream up impossible scenarios. It seems simple to me. Russia's not sending anyone outside the country anytime soon, and the teams that are competing domestically have an uphill battle if they want to even get to the level of B/S and S/B.

Also, I'm sure that if other skaters had got to a fifth place some people would be happy and overjoyed, but since Katia seems to be such a dislikeable character, people are beside themselves on a quest to negate her success, moderate as it is.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I think people rather face the facts than dream up impossible scenarios. It seems simple to me. Russia's not sending anyone outside the country anytime soon, and the teams that are competing domestically have an uphill battle if they want to even get to the level of B/S and S/B.

Also, I'm sure that if other skaters had got to a fifth place some people would be happy and overjoyed, but since Katia seems to be such a dislikeable character, people are beside themselves on a quest to negate her success, moderate as it is.

Well, its a dirty job, a thankless job really, but somebody just had to do it, for justice's sake. Nothing more nothing less. But these OGs will be over soon we'll get bored and hopefully something much better is on the horizon. Now as to those farfetched ideas;

1. Soloviev and Ilinykh don't make me laugh. He is so sloppy and mechanical.

2. Ilinykh and Katsalapov, no his poor little romantic heart couldn't take it.

Russian ice dance is waiting for a new power couple. Hope dies last as they say.

EDIT: gmyers, who are your sources? Of course B/S and S/B are going to worlds. Who else will get them their 3 spots? S/K are apparently hard at work on next seasons programs.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Well, its a dirty job, a thankless job really, but somebody just had to do it, for justice's sake. Nothing more nothing less. But these OGs will be over soon we'll get bored and hopefully something much better is on the horizon. Now as to those farfetched ideas;

1. Soloviev and Ilinykh don't make me laugh. He is so sloppy and mechanical.

2. Ilinykh and Katsalapov, no his poor little romantic heart couldn't take it.

Russian ice dance is waiting for a new power couple. Hope dies last as they say.

EDIT: gmyers, who are your sources? Of course B/S and S/B are going to worlds. Who else will get them their 3 spots? S/K are apparently hard at work on next seasons programs.

R sport quotes b/s as having not committed to worlds yet! They are really thinking about it. Must be waiting for something.

This whole thing about three spots is not realistic.

B/s know exactly what you are talking about! They would not be going to worlds like past teams fiella/scali, pechalat bourzat or even c/l. C/l said they might retire and won worlds as going away present. F/s going away present, p/b going away present. Everyone knew it. No one believes b/s will get going away present. No one really believes Russia will let them go! They have no other team.

S/b were planning to train and compete this week! They are not!

bramweld

Record Breaker
R sport quotes b/s as having not committed to worlds yet! They are really thinking about it. Must be waiting for something.

This whole thing about three spots is not realistic.

B/s know exactly what you are talking about! They would not be going to worlds like past teams fiella/scali, pechalat bourzat or even c/l. C/l said they might retire and won worlds as going away present. F/s going away present, p/b going away present. Everyone knew it. No one believes b/s will get going away present. No one really believes Russia will let them go! They have no other team.

S/b were planning to train and compete this week! They are not!

We'll see. I'd think the medals wouldn't matter, but rather getting those placements to secure three spots is the only real objective for Russia, or did I miss something?

gmyers

Record Breaker
We'll see. I'd think the medals wouldn't matter, but rather getting those placements to secure three spots is the only real objective for Russia, or did I miss something?

Theee spots for skaters not to medal with? They need to focus on training one team so they can medal not funding travel for three teams that can't! They need to get judges focused on one team and support that team so it wins medals. What does sending z/g s/k and p/m do? Maybe s/b. I don’t know what s/b are going to do because no one has announced they aren’t banned from Beijing. Until there is proof s/b aren’t banned from Beijing I’m skeptical!

Of course it makes sense for b/s to go because they want a year off and if they aren’t cooperative they are removed from funding and could face retirement or break with funding or no funding. going makes sense but there’s no reason to believe they will get High enough placement for 3 spots.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Theee spots for skaters not to medal with? They need to focus on training one team so they can medal not funding travel for three teams that can't! They need to get judges focused on one team and support that team so it wins medals. What does sending z/g s/k and p/m do? Maybe s/b. I don’t know what s/b are going to do because no one has announced they aren’t banned from Beijing. Until there is proof s/b aren’t banned from Beijing I’m skeptical!

Of course it makes sense for b/s to go because they want a year off and if they aren’t cooperative they are removed from funding and could face retirement or break with funding or no funding. going makes sense but there’s no reason to believe they will get High enough placement for 3 spots.

They could do it. All they need is to place 6th and 7th. I think it is doable especially if V/M plan to skip it as may also P/C, they might be feeling pretty dejected right now. If Russia doesn't take this opportunity, being considered dotish, would be an understatement.

MelDee

Final Flight
They could do it. All they need is to place 6th and 7th. I think it is doable especially if V/M plan to skip it as may also P/C, they might be feeling pretty dejected right now. If Russia doesn't take this opportunity, being considered dotish, would be an understatement.

PapCiz confirmed in the post-FD press conference that they are going to Worlds.

gmyers

Record Breaker

But what does 3 spots even do? Why is there a benefit to Russia to have 3 spots? Then they lose 3 spots in 2019. One thing guaranteed. Even if Russia somehow gets three spots for 2019 they lose 3 spots for 2020. S/b are 9-11-10 at worlds! It would be an astonishing rise for them to be 7th or 6th! It’s probably 5 and 10 or 6 and 9. Some people say judges have sympathy for s/b but what if there’s not sympathy but punishment and s/b are below 10th.

bramweld

Record Breaker
But what does 3 spots even do? Why is there a benefit to Russia to have 3 spots? Then they lose 3 spots in 2019. One thing guaranteed. Even if Russia somehow gets three spots for 2019 they lose 3 spots for 2020. S/b are 9-11-10 at worlds! It would be an astonishing rise for them to be 7th or 6th! It’s probably 5 and 10 or 6 and 9. Some people say judges have sympathy for s/b but what if there’s not sympathy but punishment and s/b are below 10th.

They beat C/L at E/C right? Where did C/L end up these OGs? They were 6th behind B/S. So at this worlds if both skate up to their potential they could be 4 and 5th right?

Next season B/S may be out of the picture but they could retain the 3 spots. For all this work S/K has done they should be able to at least rise to 7th place and S/B should do no worse than 5th right? I don't think its that far fetched.

lavoix

Match Penalty
C/L will be given home advantage and I'd be surprised if they don't walk away with bronze. They could easily beat B/S if they go clean.

gmyers

Record Breaker
They beat C/L at E/C right? Where did C/L end up these OGs? They were 6th behind B/S. So at this worlds if both skate up to their potential they could be 4 and 5th right?

Next season B/S may be out of the picture but they could retain the 3 spots. For all this work S/K has done they should be able to at least rise to 7th place and S/B should do no worse than 5th right? I don't think its that far fetched.

I’m very surprised about this s/b at fifth belief!

Winners p/c no contest

What about all the teams from US and Canada and then maybe b/s themselves! C/l?

This is a dream scenario! Almost everything going amazing for Russian ice dance and a complete ideal turnaround!

S/k being amazing and fifth?

My mind is blown!! He’s so injured all the time. When he’s not injured he’s inconsistent.

I guess s/b did beat weaver and poje at TDF

C/L will be given home advantage and I'd be surprised if they don't walk away with bronze. They could easily beat B/S if they go clean.

Here’s a possible scenario!

1. P/c
2. S/s
3. C/l
4. H/d
5. C/b
6. b/s
7. W/p
8. C/b u/K or s/b

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
So Gmyers; Smiling today? I told you not to worry about your ladies. And I'm glad I didn't have to eat my hat because wool is not easily digested.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I’m very surprised about this s/b at fifth belief!

Winners p/c no contest

This is a dream scenario! Almost everything going amazing for Russian ice dance and a complete ideal turnaround!

My mind is blown!! He’s so injured all the time. When he’s not injured he’s inconsistent.

Well, you know, IF, IF. Will this happen? Only God alone knows.

gmyers

Record Breaker
]I’m very surprised about this s/b at fifth belief!

Winners p/c no contest

Well, you know, IF, IF. Will this happen? Only God alone knows.

That’s clearly true!!

Morozova/Bagin won the senior dance Russian cup final. I say they have Great future and will be the “it” team very soon.