2017-2018 State of Russian Ice Dance | Page 81 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 State of Russian Ice Dance

Mattieu

Medalist
Zhulin is probably looking for a second russian team to coach at this moment, I don't doubt.

P/M or L/D or even E/B
But to be honest, with the reputation Zhulin now has of being lazy coach, he will struggle to get any team to come to him.
Z/G looks so much improved with the new coaching team than they ever did with Zhulin.

madison

Record Breaker
PM or LD or even EB
But to be honest, with the reputation Zhulin now has of being lazy coach, he will struggle to get any team to come to him.

Are LD still together?:shocked::confused:

- - - Updated - - -

P/M or L/D or even E/B
Z/G looks so much improved with the new coaching time than they ever did with Zhulin.

But Zhulin can sometimes have good ideas...

madison

Record Breaker
I wouldn't like to become a second gmyers, but Russian ice dance lives terrible times....
S/B will be de facto no 1 team at Worlds :eeking::palmf:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
P/M or L/D or even E/B
Z/G looks so much improved with the new coaching team than they ever did with Zhulin.

I think he could make some use of L/D because Rumiantseva doesn't seem to know what to do with them.

And Z/G are improved, but then, they are Kustarova's number 1. However, their scores are not at all higher than they were with Zhulin yet.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Any status on Nikita and Victoria?? I know they’re a hot mess (emphasis on hot) (emphasis on mess too) but I adore them! Are they still competing?

Barb

Record Breaker
Any status on Nikita and Victoria?? I know they’re a hot mess (emphasis on hot) (emphasis on mess too) but I adore them! Are they still competing?

Yes, they are still competing but Nikita is/was injured, they participated in a exhibition and some poster here said that they had a fall again, their usual, just S/K being S/K.

gmyers

Record Breaker
How do you fall during An ice dance program in a show? lol Lol lol a fall during a competition is extremely rare! Though most are by s/k. That’s amazing! It’s like you have to be serious. Is there an internal equilibrium issue in the head of katsalapov? Is it Safe for him to be skating anymore? Just skating. Not ice dance. Skating. Is it too dangerous for katsalapov.

P/M or L/D or even E/B

But he still is considered worthy of funding by federation. He’s where the money goes!!

gmyers

Record Breaker
Whether people like it or not, he's produced the best, even if scarce, results this quad. No wonder the money goes to him.

Russia used to have higher standards! Not medaling in a worlds or Olympics for 4 years should be an extreme catastrophic disaster - I assume! But it’s pretty clear no one in Russia wants world or Olympic medals in ice dance. I think that’s sad! Why can’t the ice dancers maximize their talents anymore?

madison

Record Breaker
I wish Tiff and Jon will work really hard and make a real progress next season.
They have the basics to be a great team, they need more polish, more work and interesting programs.

gmyers

Record Breaker
They have the basics to be a great team, they need more polish, more work and interesting programs.

But their coach is still kustarova? What success does she have in senior ice dance?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfxh9J2lLig/

Working on the tango here with Navka so I'd assume they're continuing for next season

Based on that he should try to make navka his partner!

bramweld

Record Breaker
Are LD still together?:shocked::confused:

- - - Updated - - -

But Zhulin can sometimes have good ideas...

Yeah, once every 4 or 5 years depending on the mood. We have Schindlers list, Crazy, Anna Karenina, have I left anything out?
I would have put in Don Quixote for I/K but Katsalapov was never able to do that program justice. Oh well. Why doesn't he get help from Ludmilla Vlasova anymore or even consult with Peter T.? It's like they have all these untapped resources, or certain professionals who only work with specific teams, how short sighted is that?

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Yeah, once every 4 or 5 years depending on the mood. We have Schindlers list, Crazy, Anna Karenina, have I left anything out?

-Nazarova & Nikitin's fab junior Worlds FD with the Bach piece.
-Pechalat & Bourzat's City Lights. IMO, the best program they ever had.
-And he did a wonderful professional number years ago. I think it was circus-themed and maybe for a pairs team? If anyone remembers it, I would love to search for it on youtube but I cannot remember the team that performed it.

stolbovadivas

Match Penalty

Yes I think long term they might have more potential than Stepanova & Bukin. Especialy since Stepanova simply isnt that great a skater (Bukin is really good).