2017-2018 State of S. Korean Figure Skating | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 State of S. Korean Figure Skating

tjb

Match Penalty
You got me again. :hopelessness:
I've hoped nobody will notice my secret agenda of rooting for and supporting my faves. :scard8:

well, i used to like you, because you like anna s.
but now i learned about your obsessions with marin, eunsoo and even konstantinova, and i just don't know what to think about you.
do you really like shcherbakova's skating? or you adore her, just because she is cute.
i think, it's possible, that you don't care about skating at all, and you are choosing your favorites just based on how a girl looks

tars

Record Breaker
well, i used to like you, because you like anna s.
but now i learned about your obsessions with marin, eunsoo and even konstantinova, and i just don't know what to think about you.
You visit this forum, because you think about me? Oh my. :eek::

seabm7

Final Flight
Two Korean TV broadcast systems are on strike now. It's quite possible that there would be no TV coverage for the Olympics selection competitions:

http://www.nocutnews.co.kr/news/4864323

However, the fan cam community is very active in Korea, so we could still get the clips from the competitions.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Two Korean TV broadcast systems are on strike now. It's quite possible that there would be no TV coverage for the Olympics selection competitions:

http://www.nocutnews.co.kr/news/4864323

However, the fan cam community is very active in Korea, so we could still get the clips from the competitions.

Well, they've been on strike for a while now. And there's SBS, which is actually airing the men's sp at skate canada this week.

tjb

Match Penalty
i read wiki articles about korean ladies (eunsoo, you young and yelim kim), and i found out that all three of them are started to skate relatively late. eunsoo and you young started at 6, and yelim kim at 7. (and yuna kim started at 7 as well)
that makes me wonder, how exactly a skating program in korea works. is there any skating schools that take children at the age of 4?

s_parks

Record Breaker
i read wiki articles about korean ladies (eunsoo, you young and yelim kim), and i found out that all three of them are started to skate relatively late. eunsoo and you young started at 6, and yelim kim at 7. (and yuna kim started at 7 as well)
that makes me wonder, how exactly a skating program in korea works. is there any skating schools that take children at the age of 4?

Well as you know, figure skating is not really big in korea, so there's no great motivation on the parents' part to push their kids into skating(especially since it's a particularly expensive sport, plus not a great choice of training facilities for serious skaters)- I suppose they wait and see if the kid really is into it or shows special talent. Maybe someone on the forum who lIves in korea can answer this better, but I'm not sure there's much of a structured skating program in korea, like the us, canada, or russia.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
^I actually think it's impressive that the Korean girls are able to start at 6/7 and get to essentially the same level as the Russian girls who start skating at 4/5. I almost think that those girls who start later usually start and/or continue because they are old enough to truly enjoy it, and not just because their parents chose it for them.

Main post topic: I'm so impressed with Eunsoo! Did her second triple in 3-3 actually turn out HIGHER than the first? :O https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb1nTlE3_PY

Her presentation and presence is of very high quality for such a young age, I can't wait to see her develop. I would definitely look out for this one.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Do we have any idea who Korea plans to send to the OG? Do they have two or three spots as the host? Wouldn't it be a big surprise if one of the young Korean girls skates two difficult and clean programs. ;)

kimi492

Final Flight
Do we have any idea who Korea plans to send to the OG? Do they have two or three spots as the host? Wouldn't it be a big surprise if one of the young Korean girls skates two difficult and clean programs. ;)
I could be wrong (?) but I don't think any of the junior korean skaters are old enough to go to the olympics - unless you mean someone else - Young, Eunsoo and Yelim are all too young I thought..:scratch2: