2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating

sisy

Rinkside
As for Pavlyuchenko/Khodykin, what in God's name is their LP music mix? I thought Gleikhengaus was bad. How do they plan to get high PCS with a program that makes you want to run to answer the phone?

Are we sure that the program is not choreograph by Danil?

LadyB

Record Breaker
Interesting interview with Ludmilla Velikova, where she talks about her three young pairs Mishina/Gallyamov, Kostyukovich/Yalin and Akhantieva/Kolesov.

She also notes that Ksenia Stolbova might try to do a Savchenko and get Andrei Novoselov up to a higher level.

Google translate:
- Do you see any prospects for the pair Ksenia Stolbova / Andrei Novoselov?
- Nikolay Morozov, who works with them now, invited to Novogorsk to look at them, but I refused. Ksyusha is an insistent girl, and for sure she is inspired by the example of Alyona Savchenko. If the German figure skater for two and a half years managed to drag Bruno Massot to the level of the Olympic champion, then why would Stolbova not succeed? Although she lacks the ability to go to the end. With Fedya, it was quite possible to try to reach the Olympic victory.

Velikova has also encouraging words for Fedor Klimov's coaching ability. :luv17:

Google translate:
- From Klimov get a good coach?
- He has all the makings for this. Fedya is a very organized person, that the coach is absolutely necessary. It is important, which way he will go. It seems to me that it is better not to take a ready-made couple, but to start working with juniors. Find a boy and a girl, put them together - only then will you feel all the nuances of coaching work with couples.

As we know for now, Fedor is coaching Karina Akopova and Maxim Shagalov. I think they have been put together as a pair not very long ago.

lavoix

Match Penalty
Lina KUDRIAVTSEVA / Ilia SPIRIDONOV were fantastic! Their flow was terrific, I hope they continue to grow!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I hope the season doesn't end for Daria and Denis, but I don't know where they'd compete because I think the top 3 will - deservingly - be going to Euros and Worlds.... :think:

NAOTMAA

Medalist
T/M and Z/E did great here BUT they really got to start bringing it internationally at the big events. It's very frustrating to see them constantly crumble and fall against J/C and the Chinese. They just don't seem to have the mental toughness when against them. And frankly I don't think Mozer is all that great.

I REALLY like B/K and P/K (both were fantastic at nationals too) so I hope they start blossoming soon and the federation and judges start looking their way. I think both teams were held down during the GP because of their youth and the fact T/M and Z/E are considered a stone 1-2. I find them more interesting and I hope they continue to grow

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I think the scores they received were quite fair this season, especially because you can see a lot of room for growth in these younger teams. But give them a couple of years and they'll be able to score higher and higher. P/K for me are still a little bit behing in PCS compared to B/K, though I find the latter still quite slow on the ice, especially if you compare them to T/M, who are super fast.

lavoix

Match Penalty
T/M and Z/E did great here BUT they really got to start bringing it internationally at the big events. It's very frustrating to see them constantly crumble and fall against J/C and the Chinese. They just don't seem to have the mental toughness when against them. And frankly I don't think Mozer is all that great.

I REALLY like B/K and P/K (both were fantastic at nationals too) so I hope they start blossoming soon and the federation and judges start looking their way. I think both teams were held down during the GP because of their youth and the fact T/M and Z/E are considered a stone 1-2. I find them more interesting and I hope they continue to grow

Agree with everything you said.

I think B/K should go to Euros/Worlds, I think P/K have a bit more to do before they can contend for the top 3 places.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Agreed with most of what's been said already.
T/M- very good qualities, obviously- way faster than anyone else, hands down, and beautiful lines. That said, they are utterly uninteresting to me. Mozer ain't working with this team- V/T had tacky material but they had charisma, and so did Stolbova(sorry Fedor, you're still a great skater). They just don't have what it takes to be on S/H's level when both perform similarly clean.
Z/E- tacky. not interested. sorry.
B/K- great potential, really nice qualities for such a young pair. As coldblueeyes mentioned, they seem quite slow and don't look effortless moving across the ice. But hopefully that will come with more time and work.
P/K- horrible LP, great performance. Despite the obvious shortcomings in their skating, I think they have a lot of potential. The sbs 3F has been quite consistent, and in terms of speed, they look more effortless than B/K. Again, I see right now a lot of young S/H, who were also quite sloppy in their movements and probably had even worse SS at their age. Hopefully we see better material for the free next season.
M/G- An all around solid pair- they have some good maturity for their age but not quite there, him in particular. They don't really do it for me, but obviously that's just personal taste. Another pair with serious senior potential. I miss Mirzoev though. I think everyone I love gets injured.
and my personal faves, Panfilova/Rylov- okay, what's with pairs from Perm who can't do triples and boss everything else? Can someone in Russia explain this? They had my favorite lifts- he is just so fantastic and covers so much ice. Clearly Fedorova/Miroshkin didn't keep me from being emotionally attached to yet another pair that can't jump.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
B/K should definitely work on their speed and I'm sure that will come with more time and practice. I'm sure Tamara Moskvina would make them practice it even if they were already the best so its a good bet they will improve on it :biggrin:

I do however personally think they had the best free program choreographically of the top 3. It may not have been the most innovative but it certainly did a great job following the rule book of classic Russian pairs skating. Also it seem to have more happening in it then either T/M and Z/E's programs did. Mozer programs tend to be very empty looking. Although B/K do a great job with it I'd love to see what it would look like with T/M's speed, line and power.

bobbob

Medalist
Quite impressive. So many pairs skated clean. I don't think any country can claim as much depth in pairs.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
not that Im happy:slink: but
Dasha & Denis will be going I guess so YAY:luv17:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Zabiiako / Enbert out of Europeans due to medical reasons for him

https://fsrussia.ru/news/4169-natal...-ne-primut-uchastie-v-chempionate-evropy.html

Russia really needs a charismatic high level team. T and M don't have it and made remarkably horrible program choices. They could not seize the moment this year without Sui and Han and lost ground even to teams they should be easily able to beat. They are not as charismatic Kavaguti and Smirnov; not as strong as Eltsova and Bushkov or Shikova and Naumov =- both while somewhat flat had world titles to their credit. Another good Russian team but likely going no where. Losing to the Chinese and French really to me sealed their fate as a second if not third rate team.

sx98423

On the Ice
Russia really needs a charismatic high level team. T and M don't have it and made remarkably horrible program choices. They could not seize the moment this year without Sui and Han and lost ground even to teams they should be easily able to beat. They are not as charismatic Kavaguti and Smirnov; not as strong as Eltsova and Bushkov or Shikova and Naumov =- both while somewhat flat had world titles to their credit. Another good Russian team but likely going no where. Losing to the Chinese and French really to me sealed their fate as a second if not third rate team.

i don't mean this in an insulting way, it's more disbelief, but have you maybe gone crazy? i really didn't think i'd ever see the day someone would call T/M a 3rd rate team

LadyB

Record Breaker
i don't mean this in an insulting way, it's more disbelief, but have you maybe gone crazy? i really didn't think i'd ever see the day someone would call T/M a 3rd rate team

I agree.
I sometimes think they can do whatever they like, some people have just decided not to like them. Very, very sad indeed. But, hey, let's have results speak for themselves.