2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating

s_parks

Record Breaker
Well, nvm about what I asked about klimov, it looks like he's been training so it's not about his injuries I guess. From the reports it looks like the switch is true, wonder if they'll give the reason when they confirm officially.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Well, nvm about what I asked about klimov, it looks like he's been training so it's not about his injuries I guess. From the reports it looks like the switch is true, wonder if they'll give the reason when they confirm officially.

Novoselov skates for France though iirc so how will that work?

What even is this off season.

s_parks

Record Breaker

Is she retiring and skating with him in shows?? But if he's still competing... lol, I guess I should stop the guessing and wait for official statements.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

Maybe they could skate for France... be a strong team alongside James/Cipres
And then there's room in Russia for Pavliuchenko/Khodykin!!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
So Lola Esbrat announces that they have programs ready for next season a few weeks ago but Novoselov decides to switch?

hanca

Record Breaker

Of course it wouldn’t work. That’s why I don’t think it is true. Realistically, Stolbova is olympic silver medalist, so I don’t think Russia would release her. Especially when they didn’t release even Osipova, and there is obviously no comparison between the level of skating of those two skaters. And the chances that France would release Novoselov? Very small. Or example, they kept Zahorski wait for release for over three years. They did release Massot, but it did take some fight and he paid a lot of money for his release.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I can't think of anyone who matches the skill level to partner with Ksenia. Alex Rogonov could be an idea. I'm totally dying to know what'll happen to Fedor.
I wonder whether injury is behind it or just the lack of success. Fedya was very annoyed at Euros. Ah well, we don't even have official confirmation as to whether they have actually split up.

Pasdedeux

Rinkside
Someone mentioned Klimov dating Tarasova (not the coach obviously). Anyone follow him on social media?

LadyB

Record Breaker
Someone mentioned Klimov dating Tarasova (not the coach obviously). Anyone follow him on social media?

My sources say that is just a rumour. I keep an open mind on that one. Following him on social media doesn't bring any clarity, as he is a very private person.

One of the main Russian sports online agencies, Sports.ru, didn't have any official confirmation. Interestingly, they alerted to the fact that Ksenia a while ago deleted all her pictures from Instagram with reference to skating... I noticed that she deleted pretty much all her pics, but stupidly I never thought any further...

https://m.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/maikaa/1776762.html

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
On twitter I read Tarasova split from Morozov and is now dating Klimov 😂 just when I thought it couldn’t get crazier!

All jokings aside, I would be very sad if S/K had indeed split as a pair, but not that surprised :( maybe Ksenia will follow the Aljona route though! She is such a good skater, she would deserve it

Artemisa

Final Flight
When I thought that these pre season had enough soap opera .... the russian sopa opera strikes in pairs :popcorn: Any chance a Tarasova/klimov ... I won't be surprise ... pairs are becoming to look like ice dance in drama

I love ksenia and klimov ... I 'm sad if the new's is true ...

LadyB

Record Breaker
On twitter I read Tarasova split from Morozov and is now dating Klimov 😂 just when I thought it couldn’t get crazier!

Have you got the source/link? I'd be VERY interested! Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Have you got the source/link? I'd be VERY interested! Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

I just read a couple of tweets saying it but they all claimed it was rumors! Sorry I can't seem to find them again right now :scratch2:

LRK

Record Breaker
There was a rumour about Tarasova and Morozov having broken up their relationship before - but as far as I can gather it was based on the fact that he went on vacation without her, while she stayed at home to have her nose fixed (which has been giving her difficulty breathing). Also, I believe there was something about Klimov and Tarasova's sister?

This off-season has been so crazy, that one begins to think almost anything could be true. Otherwise I wouldn't believe the Stolbova/Klimov split for a minute. At least not without hard evidence. A few years ago when they clearly didn't get along very well, yes. But now? It would make no sense to me.