2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating

siela

On the Ice
Debut SP of new Russian junior pair Khabibullina/Balchenko: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CbuBl7XQIs

The height on their triple twist is CRAZY :jaw: They scored 52.53 points for their effort and are in third place at the moment. Considering the girl is new to pairs the result is good. Lots of potential here.

hanca

Record Breaker
Debut SP of new Russian junior pair Khabibullina/Balchenko: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CbuBl7XQIs

The height on their triple twist is CRAZY :jaw: They scored 52.53 points for their effort and are in third place at the moment. Considering the girl is new to pairs the result is good. Lots of potential here.
I really liked them. And if this is their first competition, they are really promising.
Labazina/Rakhmanin were good too. I wonder if they have done enough to get JGP event.

lavoix

Match Penalty

Do they have any JGP assignments this year? They were much better than some of the pairs on the current JGP circuit.

siela

On the Ice
Do they have any JGP assignments this year? They were much better than some of the pairs on the current JGP circuit.

No, they do not. As I have said, this is a new partnership, five month old at most and this is their first competition together. They could not be considered for JGP spots because of that. There were precedents when skaters were added to later JGPs based on the results of this competition, but assignments for all JGPs with pairs are already out so they have zero chance even theoretically.
In any case, this is the year for them to get used to one another, upgrade their levels (I believe they would have gotten a much higher score with higher levels on their pair elements) and try to qualify to Russian junior nationals. And that will not be easy.

hanca

Record Breaker
No, they do not. As I have said, this is a new partnership, five month old at most and this is their first competition together. They could not be considered for JGP spots because of that. There were precedents when skaters were added to later JGPs based on the results of this competition, but assignments for all JGPs with pairs are already out so they have zero chance even theoretically.
In any case, this is the year for them to get used to one another, upgrade their levels (I believe they would have gotten a much higher score with higher levels on their pair elements) and try to qualify to Russian junior nationals. And that will not be easy.
That’s not quite accurate. Pepeleva/Pleshkov are also a new partnership and they were invited to the tests skates and received an event. Melnikova/Selkin are also a new partnership and were invited to the tests skates, they don’t have an event yet but they are in substitutes. So if someone at the top of the federation wanted, Khabibullina/Balchenko could have been invited to the tests skates and at least put them in substitutes. I am not sure why it hasn’t happened. Maybe their coach didn’t politic enough on their behalf?

lavoix

Match Penalty
Even Kostornaya was unheard of until 2 weeks before her first JGP.

Russia has a lot of potential in pairs, but still I don't see any star quality as I saw with the likes of Stolbova/Klimov, V/T, or even T/M.

Lana05

Final Flight

Russia has a lot of potential in pairs, but still I don't see any star quality as I saw with the likes of Stolbova/Klimov, V/T, or even T/M.

Maybe because they are still juniors?? :scratch3:
S/K, V/T and T/M were all bad in skating skills at first and became a pair a lot later than 15, 16, 17yo....
Skating skills will come with time. Did you see P/R last year and this year? they look completely different

hanca

Record Breaker

Maybe because you are not looking properly? The current juniors are technically at much higher level than when Tarasova/Morozov and Stolbova/Klimov were juniors themselves.

Star quality is a very subjective thing. I love several Russian junior pairs, and several others Russian junior pairs at least acknowledge for what they are achieving, even if their packaging is not exactly my taste. I struggle to believe that among so many of those young Juniors (Russia currently has about ten pretty decent junior pairs) you can’t find one that you enjoy watching. Obviously, they are juniors so they won’t be the quality Stolbova/Klimov were in the last few years, but they are definitely the quality Stolbova/Klimov were at their age.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
Any news of Nika Osipova? It’s a shame that she couldn’t skate w Martin Bidar. She just come up to my mind while watching her previous partner, Alexander Galiamov with Mishina.

lavoix

Match Penalty
Maybe because you are not looking properly? The current juniors are technically at much higher level than when Tarasova/Morozov and Stolbova/Klimov were juniors themselves.

Star quality is a very subjective thing. I love several Russian junior pairs, and several others Russian junior pairs at least acknowledge for what they are achieving, even if their packaging is not exactly my taste. I struggle to believe that among so many of those young Juniors (Russia currently has about ten pretty decent junior pairs) you can’t find one that you enjoy watching. Obviously, they are juniors so they won’t be the quality Stolbova/Klimov were in the last few years, but they are definitely the quality Stolbova/Klimov were at their age.

Perhaps I'm just not a fan of the packaging/choreography that's on offer now. A few glimpses of hope here and there, but the issue with Russian junior pair skating is the amount of splits that occur.

hanca

Record Breaker
Right now her partner is listed on this site as Vladislav Tarasenko. http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/4735.html
And btw with whom Bidar skates? I didn't find anything

Tarasenko is her partner from the last season, and they definitely don’t skate together any more. Last time I heard of him, he was in some show. So fskate is not updated yet.

No one knows with whom Bidar skate. There were several articles in Czech newspapers when he was supposed skate with Osipova, then there was written that he ‘probably’ won’t be able to skate with Osipova because she will not be allowed to skate for another country this season and therefore ‘he may have to’ find another partner. But since then nothing. Gossip was saying that he was at some skating camp and there was also Novoselov’s partner Esbrat, but she wouldn’t be able to skate for Czechia this season either. So we will have to see with whom he suddenly turns up at a competition.

siela

On the Ice
Tomorrow starts the first figure skating competition of the season in Perm. Panfilova/Rylov are participating in junior pairs. Perfect opportunity for them to go for a triple in the FS if it is in any state of readiness.
There are also several new and young junior teams - hope to be pleasantly surprised.
Starting order for junior pairs: https://vk.com/doc22932164_474117239?hash=8271212f7e6673ae3c&dl=d0a2d219b5754aeb23

Well, my hopes proved to be just hopes - no triple for Panfilova/Rylov. Here is the online-table of the competition in question: http://ffkk-vologda.ru/online/18-19/Perm02/
The other newly created pairs received very low scores - but all of them are very young, partnered just this off season where both partners are newcomers to pairs skating. I'll wait for Tyukovs to work there magic on them.

So, next stops are JGP in Canada starting on September 13 and 1st Russian Cup event starting on September 14. Hope for some good skating for Russian teams.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Ksenia Stolbova has officially announced her partnership with Andrei Novoselov, while Fedor Klimov yesterday announced his retirement. I'm glad Ksu is cracking on, sad that Fedya retired, but I wish him the very best of luck in his coaching career. I know he'll be fantastic and hopefully has future champions under his wing. :dance:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Ksenia Stolbova has officially announced her partnership with Andrei Novoselov, while Fedor Klimov yesterday announced his retirement. I'm glad Ksu is cracking on, sad that Fedya retired, but I wish him the very best of luck in his coaching career. I know he'll be fantastic and hopefully has future champions under his wing. :dance:
Now it make sense she go to Savchenko and beg her to coach them and teach her how to take Andrei and make him the Bruno from the olympics.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It has been a long time since the Russian team has only had one competitive team at the top level. I am curious what team will rise to challenge Tarasova and Morozov. if any.

LRK

Record Breaker
It has been a long time since the Russian team has only had one competitive team at the top level. I am curious what team will rise to challenge Tarasova and Morozov. if any.

This season I doubt there will be any - next season, or the next after that, things may change.