2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating

LRK

Record Breaker
There are a few issues with this tbh
Based on their interviews, it seems that they arent getting that much work offers (at some point trankov said quite a bit about few work opportunities as pair coach).
Which means they may want to keep skating in competition, for example to skate in the team event (which is probably doable), and get some extra spotlight to earn more money in shows etc.

Yes, those are probably reasons why they are keeping the door open.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
How competitive are they? Can they at least do individual triple salchows and triple toe loops and they will need solid throw triple flips and loops to even be respectable - they still would be behind the Chinese and Germans though technically and Duhamel and Radford without something special - quad twist, quad salchow or triple triple.

LRK

Record Breaker

hanca

Record Breaker
Russian junior pair Zhuk/Britkov must have split up. Zhuk is on the Russian version of icepartnersearch.
https://tulup.ru/partnerview2947.html

Not sure if it is bad news or good news. Britkov's jumps were bad and she is pretty good, but they had a pretty good chance of getting JGP event. I wonder if Simenenko is still available.

hanca

Record Breaker
Hmm no V and T; iffy S and K and seems like forgotton K and S. Not looking great for Russia.

Not looking great for Russia? They have one top contenter - T/M. It is not like if the majority of countries (except of China) has more. Germany has one, Canada has one...

nimi

Medalist

Giselle

Medalist
Sad about Deputat retiring even if it was expected.

Anyone knows what Maxim Miroshkin is doing? Still skating with Anastasia Yugay? I hope we'll see him/them at nationals this year or he'll be another wasted talent...

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
What are Astakhova/Rogonov up to? Love that team. I saw they only have one Grand Prix event so far, hope they get a 2nd.

nimi

Medalist
I really think he was a much stronger skater with more potential than was ever really shown. It's a pity Davankova grew so tall, they had something special.
This! But also this.

Anyway... If some folks around here are interested in checking out rough drafts of new SPs by S/K, T/M & Z/E and don't mind questionable audio/video quality, here you go!

nimi

Medalist
Yuko & Sasha not going to test skates.

https://rsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20170831/1125061121.html

Roughly paraphrasing based on google translate:

They haven't ruled out competing this season, but for now they haven't got competitive programs ready and they're not gonna show up at the test skates. However, they're training and they've got show programs that could be transformed into SP & FP if they choose to return to competition. (see georgiana's post #50 on this page)

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Russian junior pair Zhuk/Britkov must have split up. Zhuk is on the Russian version of icepartnersearch.
https://tulup.ru/partnerview2947.html

Not sure if it is bad news or good news. Britkov's jumps were bad and she is pretty good, but they had a pretty good chance of getting JGP event. I wonder if Simenenko is still available.

Good news are bad news because it's false news. I really wish to this girl more tall, mature and suitable partner. But seems like they are still skating. And bad as always. But... How about Amina and Mirzoev? Looks like they are on good terms. And both are very talented skaters. Will be very interesting to see them together, with Mirzoev, such a tiny girl like Amina will fly.