2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Tarasova/Morozov with a strong start! :clap: That was their best SP this season so far. Well-deserved the highest PCS.

Will they repeat their result at individual's event? Will they manage to skate clean both FPs as well? [emoji848]

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Nice bounce back for T/M! :clap: The skate wasn't particularly fiery and I think a clean S/M or S/H will beat them easily but the elements were very solid.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Are you prepared for the best free program of the year? Are you ready for the Candyman? 🤔

looking forward to it! i don't follow pairs much but i liked their FS at Europeans.
The only good thing about team event is that you don't really care about placements(since they don't mean anything anyway) and can just enjoy performances

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
The only good thing about team event is that you don't really care about placements(since they don't mean anything anyway) and can just enjoy performances

I wouldn't say so. :( I want Zhenya and Alina to get the gold or silver medals in the Olympic Team Event, as well as in the individual's. And now, if Kolyada not skates well in the free program, then only bronze or potato medals for my girls there. :sad4: :cry:

russianfan

Match Penalty
I wouldn't say so. :( I want Zhenya and Alina to get the gold or silver medals in the Olympic Team Event, as well as in the individual's. And now, if Kolyada not skates well in the free program, then only bronze or potato medals for my girls there. :sad4: :cry:

Well those medals could be a nice bonus, but i still consider their own disciplines to be much more important. Let's be honest, "gold medalist in a team event" doesn't sound nearly as good as just "gold medalist"

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil

He didn't help much, but the choice of not sending T/M to skate the free also doesn't help a lot - though, I'd say both Kolyada and Z/E have a real chance of ending up with 9 or 10 points in the free segment. And it would be good for Z/E to maybe put their faces out there for the next quad. In Sochi, Russia's number two made the podium, which is out of reach for them, tbh, but you'll never know...

Kittosuni

Medalist
He didn't help much, but the choice of not sending T/M to skate the free also doesn't help a lot - though, I'd say both Kolyada and Z/E have a real chance of ending up with 9 or 10 points in the free segment. And it would be good for Z/E to maybe put their faces out there for the next quad. In Sochi, Russia's number two made the podium, which is out of reach for them, tbh, but you'll never know...

So its confirmed that Z/E and kolyada will skate in the free?

lyverbird1

Final Flight
I only figured out a couple of days ago from seeing Alexei at the team event area that he and Kristina were going to be taking part in the pairs event! I was so disappointed for them when it looked like they weren't going to feature after S/K were out but delighted to see them lined up now!!!!! What changed?